Washing my hair, doing my laundry
Late night to be, I want you holding me
Like when we were kids
Under chemtrails and country clubs

[Outro]
It's never too late, baby, so don't give up
It's never too late, baby, so don't give up
Under the chemtrails over the country club
(You're born in the December, I'm born in June)
Yeah (Under the chemtrails, over the country club)
You're born in the December, I'm born in June
Yeah, my Cancer is sun, and my Leo is moon
My Cancer is sun and my Leo is moon
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Updated the lyrics - Though there's some bits I can't make it clearly so you guys can help me with that! 

You're in the wind, I'm in the water
Nobody's son, nobody's daughter
Watching the chemtrails
Over the country club
Somebody up bored by the market
What to do next?
Baby, we'll love it

Washing my hair, doing the laundry

[?]
I want you holding me
Like when we were kids

17 minutes ago, SoggySponge said:

Can someone please link the video in here:rollin: It's not showing up in youtube search results or on lana's official page

That’s not allowed nor is it allowed to ask for it! It’s not officially out yet.

23 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

That’s not allowed nor is it allowed to ask for it! It’s not officially out yet.

How the fuck was i warned for that i had no idea it wasn't released yet:rip:
anyways back to the charli xcx thread where i belong

"You're born in the December, I'm born in June" - Sean was born in DecemberIn addition to “Tulsa Jesus Freak”, which seems to be a direct reference, I'm curious to know how much this relationship has influenced her art on this album.

I liked the lyrics. The song is beautiful. ;)

PARADIXO's 'Chemtrails over the Country Club' analysis :hype:

So, as LDR said, this album is very inspired by her family and friends. The release of Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass opened to us yet another door to her past: her childhood in Lake Placid and her troubled relationship with her upper-class family, especially her mother. Therefore, in order to understand pretty much everything from this album we have to see it from this point of view. In this song, we see both modern Lana and young Lizzy escaping out of the country club. Lizzy out of Lake Placid elite and LDR out of Los Angeles elite.

The title alone evokes a sense of silent danger - she could see the evil in these people but couldn't say a thing. "Wearing our jewels in the swimming pool / Me and my sister just playing it cool / Under the chemtrails over the country club," perhaps this is a memory of her being close only to her sister Chuck. "I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild" - As the introvert that she is, I imagine this as her in a family event or whatever, poker-faced and her parents being mad at her. "It's beautiful, I'll escape / Normality settles down over me / I'm not bored or unhappy / I'm still so strange and wild." Same situation, but this time I think it's more about her escaping Los Angeles cult-like elite. "I'm still so strange," nothing has changed, she's still the 'underdog' they turned her into back in the country club.

Regarding the love-related lines in the lyrics, I can connect them to "Let Me Love You Like a Woman", which was about revisiting a lover from the past (at least metaphorically, as we're sure some songs from this album will be about Sean). Young Lizzy has met a guy she likes and she'll escape the club with him... and we know what happened later (which makes me excited for more revealing stuff on Behind the Iron Gates). "Well I don't care what they think / Drag racing my little red sports car." Maybe they didn't like this guy or he wasn't part of their group. Then adult Lana meets a new lover who reminds her of this past love, but I like to think that she meets the very same guy (again, a metaphor) and they want to try it again now that they're free: "Late night to be, I want you holding me / Like when we were kids / Under chemtrails and country clubs," and then, "It's never too late, baby, so don't give up."

The astonishing music video depicts all of this. The little girl, in my opinion, is her younger self. The scene where they're together is Lizzy alone in the mansion, and there she is an adult taking care of her (of herself) when nobody did. First we see Lana in the mirror dolling up herself and then the girl doing the same thing. We see very fast-paced images of Lana with a sad face, like she doesn't want to be there.

She's escaping out of the country club in her car, and then she has an accident, that being a metaphor to life hitting her hard once she forced herself to become independent. She had to learn the tough way and became wild yet strong. She found her own group of family and friends, hence the wolf symbolism (Wolves are independent and solitary animals but also have an incredible skill to create and protect inseparable herds; Maybe the wolf is her spirit animal?).

STREAM COTCC!!

HMV exclusive vinyl cover

i have a few thoughts about the song:

1. what if the vocalizing in the outro of the music video could be dealer stems. she said dealer is just her screaming, and the outro is literally her screaming. also sad that its not on the album version :(

2. the drums at the end of the song remind me of queen of the gas station demo 1 outro. anyone else?

27 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

PARADIXO's 'Chemtrails over the Country Club' analysis :hype:

Spoiler

So, as LDR said, this album is very inspired by her family and friends. The release of Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass opened to us yet another door to her past: her childhood in Lake Placid and her troubled relationship with her upper-class family, especially her mother. Therefore, in order to understand pretty much everything from this album we have to see it from this point of view. In this song, we see both modern Lana and young Lizzy escaping out of the country club. Lizzy out of Lake Placid elite and LDR out of Los Angeles elite.

The title alone evokes a sense of silent danger - she could see the evil in these people but couldn't say a thing. "Wearing our jewels in the swimming pool / Me and my sister just playing it cool / Under the chemtrails over the country club," perhaps this is a memory of her being close only to her sister Chuck. "I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild" - As the introvert that she is, I imagine this as her in a family event or whatever, poker-faced and her parents being mad at her. "It's beautiful, I'll escape / Normality settles down over me / I'm not bored or unhappy / I'm still so strange and wild." Same situation, but this time I think it's more about her escaping Los Angeles cult-like elite. "I'm still so strange," nothing has changed, she's still the 'underdog' they turned her into back in the country club.

Regarding the love-related lines in the lyrics, I can connect them to "Let Me Love You Like a Woman", which was about revisiting a lover from the past (at least metaphorically, as we're sure some songs from this album will be about Sean). Young Lizzy has met a guy she likes and she'll escape the club with him... and we know what happened later (which makes me excited for more revealing stuff on Behind the Iron Gates). "Well I don't care what they think / Drag racing my little red sports car." Maybe they didn't like this guy or he wasn't part of their group. Then adult Lana meets a new lover who reminds her of this past love, but I like to think that she meets the very same guy (again, a metaphor) and they want to try it again now that they're free: "Late night to be, I want you holding me / Like when we were kids / Under chemtrails and country clubs," and then, "It's never too late, baby, so don't give up."

The astonishing music video depicts all of this. The little girl, in my opinion, is her younger self. The scene where they're together is Lizzy alone in the mansion, and there she is an adult taking care of her (of herself) when nobody did. First we see Lana in the mirror dolling up herself and then the girl doing the same thing. We see very fast-paced images of Lana with a sad face, like she doesn't want to be there.

She's escaping out of the country club in her car, and then she has an accident, that being a metaphor to life hitting her hard once she forced herself to become independent. She had to learn the tough way and became wild yet strong. She found her own group of family and friends, hence the wolf symbolism (Wolves are independent and solitary animals but also have an incredible skill to create and protect inseparable herds; Maybe the wolf is her spirit animal?).

STREAM COTCC!!

HMV exclusive vinyl cover

Yes! I think you're pretty much spot on. The little girl is definitely a representation of a younger Lana, I think Lana's reflection can be seen in the mirror the girl is looking herself into

200.gif

Another clue about it it's that after the pack returns home,  and although it seems Lana and the girl both "share" the same room and it is night time, the girl isn't anywhere to be seen waiting for Lana...

It's pretty interesting that Lana wants to show she's taking care of herself, specially after her strong takes during Mother's Day and her "I've never had a mother" lines in LA Who Am I To Love You. Was she really on her own as a child? I think it's more of her trying to depict that now as an adult with a support group she's able to take care of the scars she got as a child. That's an interpretation for theraphy and looking at past mistakes and trauma. Pretty cool, right? Thanks for pointing it out @PARADIXO

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

At the first audition I heard "Me and my sister just playing with NICO" and thought: Wow! This naughty cat already has more career than many people. ? lol :hide: