Say Yes to Heaven

Chemtrails Over The Country Club

This is really interesting bc now that i've thought about it, this song actually resonates with NFR in a lot of ways. Let's go back and think about who Norman fuckin Rockwell was anyway. He was an older painter who painted the time period of the American Dream. Lana's NFR character was a man who wanted the American Dream, but never could reach it-- his version was never attainable. Like in TNBAR. COCC is Lana's American Dream and she doesn't care what she has to do to get there-- she's saying this is what their life could be if he just let her, just like LMLYLAW-- Let me be the woman I want to be to you, let me love you like I think I should and want to in my mind of this american dream, fragile, but forceful all the while. Let me be your American Dream, just like National Anthem back on BTD, "blurring the lines between real and fake"

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Okay can someone explain what exactly is the country club in American culture and what is it's significance in Lana's song? I feel like I'm missing a lot of context here.

i am nothing and should be everything

10 minutes ago, Lirazel said:

Okay can someone explain what exactly is the country club in American culture and what is it's significance in Lana's song? I feel like I'm missing a lot of context here.

as someone whos never been to a country club because my family could never have afforded to be part of one ive always thought of them as stuffy places for boring rich people. but lanas speaking from a different point of view and i think she sees the country club as someplace safe and familiar and really nostalgic, like what i feel about the public pool lol 

So... Just speculation but I guess this track is partially about Sean since:

1. It mentions the month he was born 

2. This song was probably made or written when they both started to date (basing myself on Clampigirl's COCC timeline)

3. This is up for interpretation but the song is to me kind of romantic :dua:

inb4yallalreadyknewthis

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The official video on youtube has the lyrics as subtitles and it says :

It's beautiful, (I'll escape)

Aren't those lyrics entered by her team ? Tough I don't understand the use of parentheses. Maybe the person who entered them wasn't sure.

It personnally think that it does make more sense with what the song's about than LSD.

I didn't bother comparing the other lyrics with what we have here.  

On 1/12/2021 at 6:22 PM, Malibu princess said:

"Washing my hair, doing the laundry
Late night TV, I want you on me
Like when we were kids under chemtrails and country clubs
It's never too late, baby, so don't give up
It's never too late, baby, so don't give up

Under the chemtrails over the country club, yeah (You're born in December and I'm born in June)"

Barrie was born in December, I'm aware cop boy was too but c'mon she can't still be singing about that douche. I guess Clay just doesn't make the cut.

I'm aware she has made a lot of songs about Barrie but since this song was probably recorded in the periodt where she was dating the cop, probably these lines are about him. Plus, it's been 6 years since she splited with Barrie (although that doesn't mean anything but js)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I know it's been an on off topic on here about Lana wanting kids, and honestly the lyrics on COCC seem really personal and seemingly about Sean. Lyrics like "kids' swimming pools / coffee at the elementary schools" I'm guessing she's talking about spending time with Sean's kids (or any of the children of her friends because his kids are like in their 20s now lol). it makes me sad for her :( 

sgopYhV.gif

Could the “You’re born in December and I’m born in June.” line be about Jesus? 

Also the “You’re in the wind, I’m in the water.” We’re made from water, God is in the air.

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I've been listening to the song a lot the past few days and thinking about the meaning behind the lyrics, etc. She stated in the Interview interview that it's about normal life, and I think that the song more or less expands upon a line found in "My Bedroom is a Sacred Place":

"I go on trips to the beach with my friends and they don't know that I'm crazy"

She pretty much repeats that sentiment twice in COCC ("I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild" and "I'm not bored or unhappy I'm still so strange and wild")

So I think the "country club" represents normality and the "chemtrails" represent the burden of fame. Everything is peaceful, mundane, normal - country club suburban bliss, but there are these insidious, ever-present "chemtrails" lurking all the time, threatening the normality. Things can never quite be normal because of her fame, and furthermore, she doesn't feel that most people know who she truly is, hence the "wild" part with the vampires and wolves, and then she comes home back to her house and washes off all the blood in the shower and carries on trying to be "normal" once more.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

On 1/14/2021 at 4:10 PM, Loreen said:

I'm aware she has made a lot of songs about Barrie but since this song was probably recorded in the periodt where she was dating the cop, probably these lines are about him. Plus, it's been 6 years since she splited with Barrie (although that doesn't mean anything but js)

So why would she sing about it being “not too late” if they were just beginning to date? 

21 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

I've been listening to the song a lot the past few days and thinking about the meaning behind the lyrics, etc. She stated in the Interview interview that it's about normal life, and I think that the song more or less expands upon a line found in "My Bedroom is a Sacred Place":

"I go on trips to the beach with my friends and they don't know that I'm crazy"

She pretty much repeats that sentiment twice in COCC ("I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild" and "I'm not bored or unhappy I'm still so strange and wild")

So I think the "country club" represents normality and the "chemtrails" represent the burden of fame. Everything is peaceful, mundane, normal - country club suburban bliss, but there are these insidious, ever-present "chemtrails" lurking all the time, threatening the normality. Things can never quite be normal because of her fame, and furthermore, she doesn't feel that most people know who she truly is, hence the "wild" part with the vampires and wolves, and then she comes home back to her house and washes off all the blood in the shower and carries on trying to be "normal" once more.

I think the word chemtrails represents that she’s a secret conspiracy theorist and knows the truth about how evil the people around her are and therefore chooses to think free and live wild. 

On 1/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, PARADIXO said:

As the song is obviously about her family, her childhood and how she escaped from that, the chemtrails represent the evil and occult from her family, from the elite she grew up with, from the country club. "Nothing is what it seems down at the country club..."

? agree

Every time she sings “I’m not bored or unhappy, I’m still so strange and wild”, I’m always reminded of Lana’s risky ways of driving a car while filming herself. I hope those images will disappear one day or the song might be ruined for me. :derpna2:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png