Say Yes to Heaven

Chemtrails Over The Country Club

I think it's "YOU'RE in the wind / I'm in the water" because it goes with the implied [you're] "nobody's son" [and I'm] "nobody's daughter".  

Also sounds like "we're in our jewels" rather than "wearing our jewels" although it doesn't much matter.

I am in love with this song, oh my GOD.

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

2 hours ago, WhiteHydrangea said:

Yes! I think you're pretty much spot on. The little girl is definitely a representation of a younger Lana, I think Lana's reflection can be seen in the mirror the girl is looking herself into

200.gif

Another clue about it it's that after the pack returns home,  and although it seems Lana and the girl both "share" the same room and it is night time, the girl isn't anywhere to be seen waiting for Lana...

It's pretty interesting that Lana wants to show she's taking care of herself, specially after her strong takes during Mother's Day and her "I've never had a mother" lines in LA Who Am I To Love You. Was she really on her own as a child? I think it's more of her trying to depict that now as an adult with a support group she's able to take care of the scars she got as a child. That's an interpretation for theraphy and looking at past mistakes and trauma. Pretty cool, right? Thanks for pointing it out 

Thanks a lot for replying. I think we should all re-visit her older stuff. IMHO she was the black sheep of the family so yes I imagine her being on her own. That's why she got into alcohol and drugs, dated dangerous guys... She never had a strong female figure. "My father's love was always strong / My mother's glamour lives on and on." That's all she can say about her mother.

1 hour ago, MrFameKills said:

i saw it listed as "It's beautiful how this deep normality settles down over me" somewhere, but now i just hear LSD lol

same, I couldn’t hear it and went to genius and it says LSD and was curious what everyone else hears :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

7 hours ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

did she not say “taking LSD”????

I came here to say this. I hear "It's beautiful, LSD, normality settles down over me" and was curious of the general consensus. It would seem to fit in fairly well thematically with the lyrics.

If this is indeed the line, I wonder if Lana has tried it? I know in the Lust for Life era Pitchfork interview, she said she hadn't tried it, but maybe she has since then?

8 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

PARADIXO's 'Chemtrails over the Country Club' analysis :hype:

So, as LDR said, this album is very inspired by her family and friends. The release of Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass opened to us yet another door to her past: her childhood in Lake Placid and her troubled relationship with her upper-class family, especially her mother. Therefore, in order to understand pretty much everything from this album we have to see it from this point of view. In this song, we see both modern Lana and young Lizzy escaping out of the country club. Lizzy out of Lake Placid elite and LDR out of Los Angeles elite.

The title alone evokes a sense of silent danger - she could see the evil in these people but couldn't say a thing. "Wearing our jewels in the swimming pool / Me and my sister just playing it cool / Under the chemtrails over the country club," perhaps this is a memory of her being close only to her sister Chuck. "I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild" - As the introvert that she is, I imagine this as her in a family event or whatever, poker-faced and her parents being mad at her. "It's beautiful, I'll escape / Normality settles down over me / I'm not bored or unhappy / I'm still so strange and wild." Same situation, but this time I think it's more about her escaping Los Angeles cult-like elite. "I'm still so strange," nothing has changed, she's still the 'underdog' they turned her into back in the country club.

Regarding the love-related lines in the lyrics, I can connect them to "Let Me Love You Like a Woman", which was about revisiting a lover from the past (at least metaphorically, as we're sure some songs from this album will be about Sean). Young Lizzy has met a guy she likes and she'll escape the club with him... and we know what happened later (which makes me excited for more revealing stuff on Behind the Iron Gates). "Well I don't care what they think / Drag racing my little red sports car." Maybe they didn't like this guy or he wasn't part of their group. Then adult Lana meets a new lover who reminds her of this past love, but I like to think that she meets the very same guy (again, a metaphor) and they want to try it again now that they're free: "Late night to be, I want you holding me / Like when we were kids / Under chemtrails and country clubs," and then, "It's never too late, baby, so don't give up."

The astonishing music video depicts all of this. The little girl, in my opinion, is her younger self. The scene where they're together is Lizzy alone in the mansion, and there she is an adult taking care of her (of herself) when nobody did. First we see Lana in the mirror dolling up herself and then the girl doing the same thing. We see very fast-paced images of Lana with a sad face, like she doesn't want to be there.

She's escaping out of the country club in her car, and then she has an accident, that being a metaphor to life hitting her hard once she forced herself to become independent. She had to learn the tough way and became wild yet strong. She found her own group of family and friends, hence the wolf symbolism (Wolves are independent and solitary animals but also have an incredible skill to create and protect inseparable herds; Maybe the wolf is her spirit animal?).

STREAM COTCC!!

HMV exclusive vinyl cover

what a beautiful analysis 

I don’t know why the lyrics hit hard, but they just did.

Ok but ... why did she use the Chemtrails as an imagery? Is it actually meant as a reference to the conspiracy theory? Cause nothing in the song actually picks up on anything like that. Starting to think she just mistook the (fictional) word chemtrails with actual contrails :rip:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

5 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

i don't think it's LSD, i think the line is "it's beautiful how this deep normality settles over me"

Idk if that makes sense but I understand " It's beautiful, I escape, normality settles down over me"

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

6 hours ago, Electric Body said:

Ok but ... why did she use the Chemtrails as an imagery? Is it actually meant as a reference to the conspiracy theory? Cause nothing in the song actually picks up on anything like that. Starting to think she just mistook the (fictional) word chemtrails with actual contrails :rip:

As the song is obviously about her family, her childhood and how she escaped from that, the chemtrails represent the evil and occult from her family, from the elite she grew up with, from the country club. "Nothing is what it seems down at the country club..."

The lyrics are great. I'm not expecting a banger with huge replay value from a Lana Del Rey title track of an album called Chemtrails Over The Country Club, so this excelled at what it needed to do - set the scene and be the centrepiece to the album.

I love the delivery of the line You won't play, you're no fun.

Brentwood Market reference instantly made me think of hrhcollection. Her and Lana are actually pretty similar ctfu

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

"Washing my hair, doing the laundry
Late night TV, I want you on me
Like when we were kids under chemtrails and country clubs
It's never too late, baby, so don't give up
It's never too late, baby, so don't give up

Under the chemtrails over the country club, yeah (You're born in December and I'm born in June)"

Barrie was born in December, I'm aware cop boy was too but c'mon she can't still be singing about that douche. I guess Clay just doesn't make the cut.

The world the song is set in is quite small. 

The parallel structure of the hook, “Under the chemtrails, over the country club” and the repetition of the market create a setting where the sky is the limit; the country club is the center setting of Lana’s life, the market and the schools being the only other places she goes. 

The astrological references are less about the stars, but it’s more about the explanation that any personality differences is written in the stars. 

I thought this whole song was about her family/Patty. It would be strange to mix Sean and Chuck in the same song. 

I initially expected this song to be an indictment on people who live in an alternate privileged reality. They think about God in a country club while chaos is all around them. 

So turquoise helps with depression and anxiety, it's interesting she mentions it here. It's supposed to calm and bring balance to energy

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole