The Stargirl Pinky

Where Were You When...

Lanaboards!! I’ve got a really fun idea for a thread/game we can play called “Where were you when...?” The idea is someone would post a question and everyone would answer at their leisure. At any point in time someone can throw out a different question and everyone would reply to that question instead. The exciting part is you never know when a new question will be thrown out there, so the content will always remain fresh and interesting!!

——— 

Example:
Where were you when Life is Beautiful leaked?

My answer:

I was at a Chick-Fil-A (fast food for non-Americans!) drive thru and I nearly dropped my chicken sandwich mid-freak out. 
——— 

So with that said, where were YOU when Life is Beautiful leaked?

I was kind of inactive on the boards those days so I was probably working.

Where when you when the Endless Summer Tour kicked off?

I had just discovered Lana and told all my friends that I discovered this new indie artist that she was really really good :flop: the gag when they told me everyone knows who Lana Del Rey is :gasp:

-----------------

Where were you when Lana dropped QftC :creepna:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

11 minutes ago, boom like that said:

I had just discovered Lana and told all my friends that I discovered this new indie artist that she was really really good :flop: the gag when they told me everyone knows who Lana Del Rey is :gasp:

:lmao:

6 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I was in bed because I had just woken up lmao

You have to ask another question to the next user.

2 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

ahhh my bad, I thought you could leave a question going on until someone decide to ask again

I'll edit my answer with a new question then

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

15 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

where were you when tropico dropped?

in my 8th grade (i think) Christmas Concert. I played the drums and kept googling it when the lights were low lol 

where were you when the COCC teaser dropped (yesterday’s) 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, Mer said:

in my 8th grade (i think) Christmas Concert. I played the drums and kept googling it when the lights were low lol 

where were you when the COCC teaser dropped 

I was at home sitting in my living room and already on IG when I got the notif! I saw the thumbnail of the notif with “LANA DEL REY” in the pink font and knew it was the COTCC teaser! 

Where were you when Lana posted the NFR announcement on July 31, 2019?

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, on my way home from Japan. I remember exactly where I was sitting 

where were you when serene queen leaked 

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

2 minutes ago, Serene Queen said:

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, on my way home from Japan

where were you when serene queen leaked 

probably desperately calling British Airways trying to cancel my trips across Europe in May bc of the pandemic lol RIP (still salty). 

where were you when Mariners was announced?

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

probably desperately calling British Airways trying to cancel my trips across Europe in May bc of the pandemic lol RIP (still salty). 

where were you when Mariners was announced?

I was in class! It was my first class ever in law school but best believe, I DID open the notification :xcry:

where were you when the Honeymoon sampler dropped?

27 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

23 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

ahhh my bad, I thought you could leave a question going on until someone decide to ask again

I'll edit my answer with a new question then

I was thinking it could be both! If you can’t think of something to ask you can just answer the previous question. If you do think of a question then by all means throw it out there! This is a pretty open-ended game :)

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I was in class! It was my first class ever in law school but best believe, I DID open the notification :xcry:

where were you when the Honeymoon sampler dropped?

Chile the way this game has me doin some Nancy Drew-type investigation into when the sampler dropped and what I was doing via my phone’s Camera Roll lmao. Turns out I was in Seattle exploring Pike Place Market and visiting the OG, first-ever Starbuck’s!! 

Where were you when West Coast premiered?

1 hour ago, conceptart47 said:

Where were you when West Coast premiered?

I was in my 9th grade dance class. It was a half-day and the last day before (a very late) spring break. My bestie and I bonded at the beginning of the year over our love for Lana and we couldn't wait for the premiere. It came out exactly the minute class ended and we literally collapsed. We had been saying for ages that we wanted her to do a rock album and we truly felt that we had spoken into existence; we couldn't believe it. Still one of my favorite memories with her nearly 7 years later, and it has since become one of our collective favorite songs. :wub:

Where were you when Lana released the LFL trailer? (I was in London at Zara with my mom lol)

8V7Yvel.png

3 hours ago, Golden Hour said:

I was in my 9th grade dance class. It was a half-day and the last day before (a very late) spring break. My bestie and I bonded at the beginning of the year over our love for Lana and we couldn't wait for the premiere. It came out exactly the minute class ended and we literally collapsed. We had been saying for ages that we wanted her to do a rock album and we truly felt that we had spoken into existence; we couldn't believe it. Still one of my favorite memories with her nearly 7 years later, and it has since become one of our collective favorite songs. :wub:

Where were you when Lana released the LFL trailer? (I was in London at Zara with my mom lol)

I love that story! I was at a distillery tour with some close friends when LDR released the LFL trailer! I remember I didn’t get to hear it right when it came out but I did check it out after a few whiskeys ;)

Where were you when the Ride official music video came out? 

4 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

I love that story! I was at a distillery tour with some close friends when LDR released the LFL trailer! I remember I didn’t get to hear it right when it came out but I did check it out after a few whiskeys ;)

Where were you when the Ride official music video came out? 

Probably either home or in a middle school classroom. 

Where were you when Love dropped?

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

In the back room of Ulta Beauty, where I was working at the time lol. I spent 45 minutes of what was meant to be a 15 minute break tuning in to BBC Radio 1 waiting for the song to premiere. May have irritated my manager, but it was worth it! x

Where were you when you listened to your first Lana Del Rey song? 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I remember I was like 15 on a trip to Las Vegas with my dad, I remember we went to this Hawaiian restaurant and they were playing the Summertime Sadness remix, and I was instantly infatuated, I remember as soon as I got back to the hotel downloading the Born To Die and listening it the entire time that trip, also Honeymoon was just coming out, so I think I listened to that on the plane ride back, it's so surreal and clear in my mind, because Lana and her music is such a big part of my life, and like it's the day I discovered her

PSUIew0.gif

I was in my bed at like 2AM, lurking on YouTube and saw the Born to Die Official Audio and decided to listen, as she was becoming viral (I did listen to Video Games some months prior though, but I didn't pay much attention). I became so obsessed with it it was the only song I listened to in the entire night.

Where when you when the LDR x Azealia Banks fight happened?