Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club Merch & Media Drop

5 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

since youve got this exact jacket: how is the sizing? is it a men's or women's jacket? cuz if it is women's, i deffo need to size up #fatpeopleproblems

it’s a men’s! i’m a bit over 5’10 and 26inch waist, and the medium is pretty boxy on me, but because of the sherpa lining thing( it feels snug and cozy. i can post pics if anyone would like. it’s a bulky jacket so i think it fits true to size/runs a tiny bit large. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

12 minutes ago, electra said:

and? did you get the man? the job?

do you just like the concept of not supporting the music industry in the middle of a global pandemic or

Yeah and yes. Thx for asking hun :hooker:

Idk why u feel so personally attacked. You can like it and spend your  whole highschool  scholarship on all sorts of things-made-in-china with an unflattering group pic on it if you want to.

And I can have my opinion. Which is that this cover is the lowest she went in her whole career and that it's stunning people actually support this lazyness by buying it.

Oh and btw - I do support the music industry. Small artists. Local artists. Venues. By buying from their bandcamp, paying for digital concerts streams etc.

Not by spending my money on overpriced, low quality, ugly merchandise of a rich woman who owns so many houses she seemingly can't remember in which of the kitchens she left her sense for aesthetics:eek:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

Idk why u feel so personally attacked. You can like it and spend your  whole highschool  scholarship on all sorts of things-made-in-china with an unflattering group pic on it if you want to.

And I can have my opinion. Which is that this cover is the lowest she went in her whole career and that it's stunning people actually support this lazyness by buying it.

Oh and btw - I do support the music industry. Small artists. Local artists. Venues. By buying from their bandcamp, paying for digital concerts streams etc.

Not by spending my money on overpriced, low quality, ugly merchandise of a rich woman who owns so many houses she seemingly can't remember in which of the kitchens she left her sense for aesthetics:eek:

its just a bit weird to come into a thread about supporting artists and being negative. it's not the serve you think it is.

i mean, her label is bigger than her and a lot of people even on her team have publicly said they're struggling. this just really isn't a good take in any sense. just don't buy it if it affects you that much :toofunny:

7 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

You went for Lana's jugular here. Wow. :ahhney:

37 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

This album cover proves y'all will be the absolutely worst stuff ever for a lot of money just cause it's official Lanamerch :wtf:

No suprise she's not taking any effort

is that money is taking off from your owb pocket? lemme know pls so i can send u a refund

Ppl seems like they find it so hard to mind their own business 
___

guys im gunna vomit i miss the mugs what can i do pls help 

:smile3:

7 minutes ago, electra said:

its just a bit weird to come into a thread about supporting artists and being negative. it's not the serve you think it is.

i mean, her label is bigger than her and a lot of people even on her team have publicly said they're struggling. this just really isn't a good take in any sense. just don't buy it if it affects you that much :toofunny:

I don't know about your financial situation and I genuinely hope you are doing well so lemme just say that - you should not buy merch just for the sake of supporting a rich mainstream artist from a huge, rich label :)

And nah I won't buy it since that only communicates that she really does not have to put effort into things like that and make her continue with covers like LMLY or COCC and low quality merch.

A lot of small artists have better merch with a bigger creative vision even though they have a much smaller budget to start with

14 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

all i have to say is i HOPE some of the proceeds of the TEN vinyl variations are going to her road crew and other tour staff who are out of work instead of adding to her fortune. 

19 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

I don't know about your financial situation and I genuinely hope you are doing well so lemme just say that - you should not buy merch just for the sake of supporting a rich mainstream artist from a huge, rich label :)

And nah I won't buy it since that only communicates that she really does not have to put effort into things like that and make her continue with covers like LMLY or COCC and low quality merch.

A lot of small artists have better merch with a bigger creative vision even though they have a much smaller budget to start with

I-

Just giving my two cents: it's one thing to voice your opinion- which you are free to do - but it's another whole thing to act like a debbie downer 100% of the time and whenever people say nice stuff about the cover you come running to shit on it. 

People have different opinions about stuff so no one should be surprised that there are people who like- or actually LOVE - the cover.

I get it, you HATE the cover; you're an active member around here and I guess most of the people here know how much you despise the cover but you don't have to come say bad stuff every time some user says how much they like it. 

Just let people be excited about whatever reason they are excited for

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Just now, Electric Body said:

And nah I won't buy it since that only communicates that she really does not have to put effort into things like that and will continue with covers like LMLY or COCC and low auality merch.

girl why is the the album cover is giving you this much of a brain aneurism. its a cute neutral photo of her and her friends. it doesn't communicate anything of the sort. it's her vision and she wanted that as the cover literally so what. maybe some of us just enjoy the fun vinyl colours and quality music? its not all about aesthetics.

i feel like a lot of people on this site drag lana's completely fine aesthetical directions just because they want honeymoon 2 or ultraviolence 2 but guess what mimi? those days are gone and she's moved on. she's in her mid thirties. why does it matter if she's hot on the cover? its so shallow.

Just now, Yosemite said:

I-

Just giving my two cents: it's one thing to voice your opinion- which you are free to do - but it's another whole thing to act like a debbie downer 100% of the time and whenever people say nice stuff about the cover you come running to shit on it. 

People have different opinions about stuff so no one should be surprised that there are people who like- or actually LOVE - the cover.

I get it, you HATE the cover; you're an active member around here and I guess most of the people here know how much you despise the cover but you don't have to come say bad stuff every time some users say how much they like it. 

I mean they are free to express they like it just as much as I am to say I hate it. 

I'm not stopping anyone to buy or like anything, I'm stating my opinion :)

13 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

I mean they are free to express they like it just as much as I am to say I hate it. 

I'm not stopping anyone to buy or like anything, I'm stating my opinion :)

It's not that- and I did say that you, as everyone, are free to voice your opinion.

My question is: do you have to be so negative all of the damn time? 

That whole argument you said "if the cover was shot on a professional camera, it would be a great picture" is bull. I don't quite love the cover- but I still don't quite hate it. W/ that said, if it were shot on a professional camera it would change 0% of the photo itself lmao it would still be Lana around her friends and it would still serve BTS-promo-pic vibes but on higher quality. 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I personally think that collecting for the sake of collecting is totally fine, I think a lot of us do that on here (I legit bought both the gray vinyl edition and that iffy box set). There is nothing wrong with that. But at the same token, it is also completely valid to express criticism towards Lana's artistic and/or aesthetic directions with all her albums, let alone COCC. I for one think that the cover is absolutely terrible, literally her worst imho, but that didn't stop me from buying some merch? Just like I have a strong dislike for the NFR era, again, that didn't stop me from buying that expansive FNAC edition. :creep:

1 minute ago, electra said:

girl why is the the album cover is giving you this much of a brain aneurism. its a cute neutral photo of her and her friends. it doesn't communicate anything of the sort. it's her vision and she wanted that as the cover literally so what. maybe some of us just enjoy the fun vinyl colours and quality music? its not all about aesthetics.

i feel like a lot of people on this site drag lana's completely fine aesthetical directions just because they want honeymoon 2 or ultraviolence 2 but guess what mimi? those days are gone and she's moved on. she's in her mid thirties. why does it matter if she's hot on the cover? its so shallow.

If she threw all her aesthetic abilities overboard - something which defined her as an artist in the past - then it's not nearly as inappropriate to voice disappointment as you are making it sound. This is not little 4-y-old Jenny I'm bashing for her drawing but an artist who really did the most lazy and visually unpleasing thing ever after being established as a visual mind 

And - merch that USES this very aesthetic is pretty much about it, isn't it? :hooker:

whatever, I'm not going to derail the thread any further.

9 minutes ago, electra said:

I don’t really understand what’s so hard about understanding and respecting ur “artist” vision??? It’s HER FUCKING ART FOR GODS SAKE ITS HER WAY TO EXPRESS HERSELF Does dragging her 24/7 makes them feel like they’re so deep in art and stuff? That’s kida funny and seems to be very trendy over here now like the “im embarrassed” whenever she post something  lol

:smile3:

2 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

I personally think that collecting for the sake of collecting is totally fine, I think a lot of us do that on here (I legit bought both the gray vinyl edition and that iffy box set). There is nothing wrong with that. But at the same token, it is also completely valid to express criticism towards Lana's artistic and/or aesthetic directions with all her albums, let alone COCC. I for one think that the cover is absolutely terrible, literally her worst imho, but that didn't stop me from buying some merch? Just like I have a strong dislike for the NFR era, again, that didn't stop me from buying that expansive FNAC edition. :creep:

its been two weeks i really don't want to keep going into threads with people being like i hate the album cover and you must listen to my version of why i hate this!!!! like girl walkaway who cares its been two weeks and its the album cover forever bury the hatchet.

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

It's not that- and I did say they you, as everyone, are free to voice your opinion.

My question is: do you have to be so negative all of the damn time? 

That whole argument you said "if the cover was shot on a professional camera, it would be a great picture" is bull. I don't quite love the cover- but I still don't quite hate it. W/ that said, if it were shot on a professional camera it would change 0% of the photo itself lmao it would still be Lana around her friends and it would still serve BTS-promo-pic vibes but on higher quality. 

It's not just the camera. It's the angle, the poses, the whole composition that could have been executed. This is a candid, awkward and unflattering pic wothout any aesthetic vision behind it. And it's not like the concept of her being happy with her friends could not have been executed much better EASILY