Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club Merch & Media Drop

3 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

I personally think that collecting for the sake of collecting is totally fine, I think a lot of us do that on here (I legit bought both the gray vinyl edition and that iffy box set). There is nothing wrong with that. But at the same token, it is also completely valid to express criticism towards Lana's artistic and/or aesthetic directions with all her albums, let alone COCC. I for one think that the cover is absolutely terrible, literally her worst imho, but that didn't stop me from buying some merch? Just like I have a strong dislike for the NFR era, again, that didn't stop me from buying that expansive FNAC edition. :creep:

Yeah but nobody has the right to criticize someone because he loves collecting Lana’s stuff and merch, it’s none of their business 

:smile3:

Just now, electra said:

its been two weeks i really don't want to keep going into threads with people being like i hate the album cover and you must listen to my version of why i hate this!!!! like girl walkaway who cares its been two weeks and its the album cover forever bury the hatchet.

I mean you don't have to read peoples opinions on a discussion board if you don't want to

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Just now, UltraviolenceBaby said:

Yeah but nobody has the right to criticize someone because he loves collecting Lana’s stuff and merch, it’s none of their business 

I was not the one addressing anyone in particular, you guys quoted me ?‍♂️

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Just now, UltraviolenceBaby said:

I never once said that I thought it was okay to attack someone from wanting to collect Lana items? :wtfney:

I like collecting Lana memorabilia, it's not that deep of a problem or conversation. Regardless of anyone's opinion of the cover, that doesn't diminish the album experience itself. When the cover for NFR was released, I was taken back by it, but guess what... NFR fucking slayed !!! 

Also, I do support indie artists on Bandcamp too. I'm an avid music lover, Lana just happens to be my fave and she happens to be backed by a music conglomerate.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Just now, Electric Body said:

Why would I like it now? Apart from that, this was not what I was saying when you quoted me :)

my reply meant, to be it very simply, that i don't want to come onto a discussion board and see the same moany content for three weeks. get it?

11 minutes ago, electra said:

girl why is the the album cover is giving you this much of a brain aneurism. its a cute neutral photo of her and her friends. it doesn't communicate anything of the sort. it's her vision and she wanted that as the cover literally so what. maybe some of us just enjoy the fun vinyl colours and quality music? its not all about aesthetics.

i feel like a lot of people on this site drag lana's completely fine aesthetical directions just because they want honeymoon 2 or ultraviolence 2 but guess what mimi? those days are gone and she's moved on. she's in her mid thirties. why does it matter if she's hot on the cover? its so shallow.

I agree with you, but I also think that it's totally valid to come on here and make comments, analyze, criticize Lana's artistic directions and aesthetics–even if it's done ad nauseam. For some people her so called aesthetic is a very important part of her appeal, complementary to her music and overall sound. Art is the one thing that is very subjective and and relies almost solely on personal appreciation. 

5 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

I never once said that I thought it was okay to attack someone from wanting to collect Lana items? :wtfney:

I didn’t mean you my bad 

I was pointing on that guy who started the whole argue srry

7 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

I was not the one addressing anyone in particular, you guys quoted me ?‍♂️

Maybe because we’re collectors and it’s her merch thread? Don’t play dumb for gods sake 

5 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

I agree with you, but I also think that it's totally valid to come on here and make comments, analyze, criticize Lana's artistic directions and aesthetics–even if it's done ad nauseam. For some people her so called aesthetic is a very important part of her appeal, complementary to her music and overall sound. Art is the one thing that is very subjective and and relies almost solely on personal appreciation. 

i mean, on the flipside this is a forum. you're not just suppose to bump threads with repetitive content, spam and gifs even if a lot of the users do it here. i don't need to log in for a month and see the same content over and over again. (but that's generally a bigger issue with the running of the site, and elle has been working on that anyway)

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

i kinda dont get this whole argument cuz that member didnt lie:oprah3: theres a reason why they started selling a candle with a plastic rock for 100$

so we’re the reason behind her expensive stuff now and if we stopped collecting (and bought it for like x1000 after one year) her team maybe sell her merch for cheaper? :creep:

Just now, electra said:

i mean, on the flipside this is a forum. you're not just suppose to bump threads with repetitive content, spam and gifs even if a lot of the users do it here. i don't need to log in for a month and see the same content over and over again.

Fair enough. What can I say though... people are bored. ??‍♂️ 

I know no one asked, but all I have to say is that people aren’t obligated to buy or not buy something. We don’t have to go around telling people what or what not to buy, as well as continually criticize something. I feel like a lot of people on here love to critique (and that’s fine, they’re entitled to that) but sometimes that’s ALL I see from people and it kind of ruins the camaraderie, especially if it’s unprovoked and it’s shared when people are excited about something and are just discussing among themselves. No shade to anyone particular, just saying. Hope everyone has a good day!