Beautiful Loser

BBC Radio 1 Annie Mac COCC Premiere Jan 11th 2021

The website is loading so slowly so pardon me if I repeat info, but I kinda wanna shit on Annie Mac for a hot second. She needs to learn how to control an interview. There was so much wasted time/awkward silences/lack of direction that the whole interview was just awful. She even forgot her questions lmao. I also realize Lana was just so scatterbrained that it threw the whole interview off, but as a radio host you need to learn how to reign that in. Just my two cents. :agree:

50 minutes ago, alienprincess said:

Did anyone record it? 

The BBC link cuts off at the end for me and so I don't know the rest of what was said - is it just me and does anyone have a link that doesn't cut off at the end, or a transcript? I was kind of taken aback at the comments about the Capitol ("wild"?) but I'd like to listen to the whole thing to see where her mind is at 

4 minutes ago, Ariel said:

The BBC link cuts off at the end for me and so I don't know the rest of what was said - is it just me and does anyone have a link that doesn't cut off at the end, or a transcript? I was kind of taken aback at the comments about the Capitol ("wild"?) but I'd like to listen to the whole thing to see where her mind is at 

the rest of interview was in the next section of Annie's show

5 minutes ago, Be Free said:

the rest of interview was in the next section of Annie's show

Thank-you! I am not good at finding things I never got well from covid since March and I'm dizzy!!!! Duh! I'll see if I can go be less incompetent now

edit: Is this part of the show online, as I can't find it? :( sorry guys 

Edited by Ariel
a mess

This is embarrassing to witness..

How can someone so talented have such a lack of self-awareness?

(after!! being heavily criticized last year about such topics)

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I just had to stop listening at around the 39:05 mark. Nope, not doing this to myself. I’m going to enjoy the new video and nope out of all that nonsense. 

source.gif

I don't think she said anything that crazy, or sounded so incoherent for that matter. It's probably hard to be perfectly articulate without sacrificing her comfort and candor. Everyone expects 'the right thing' to be said, but not everything that doesn't adhere to that expectation is the wrong thing. She just spoke candidly about her experience during the past year and what she's observed and reflected on and I think that's fine.

She's a singer, not a politician. Yes she can be a little ignorant and tone deaf, but sis has Never been politically intelligent... It'd be preferable if she spoke about it less, especially unprompted, but to be fair Annie barely asked about the music and focused more on how Lana was doing.

My only criticism is her refusal to take into consideration where the race and diversity conversations are coming from in regards to her because I do think she should be open and receptive to that versus being so defensive and refusing to even consider it... But I do also understand wanting to avoid tokenism and doing things for the wrong reasons.

I haven't listened to the second part, but I enjoyed hearing her thoughts and where she's at, even if it was a little kooky...

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

"You really need to ground yourself, in something thats not people calling you racist" I think that really shows her mindset rn. Too bad it hasnt been fun for her, but she really needs to stop overdefending herself. I dont know who pointed out her lack of diversity in COCC, it seems like she was expecting it. 

even annie is acknowledging how weird that was. the way she's like "mm.. mhmm yeah.. mhm" the whole interview and then "yeah. lana we've got to go now bye". cringe :pout:

the one thing i was confident i could be excited for this rollout was new interviews. First we had that one with jack antonoff of the two artists sucking each others ego off and now this 

Like I said in the other thread i don't want to come off a wannabe therapist but i think this is just someone whos in a really insecure place. the way she's stumbling through topics and how totally not-racist she is .... so bizarre 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

The overexplaining oneself is such a Gemini-like thing, especially when they feel misjudged/misunderstood. I assume it feels like a real bad itch that you cannot scratch (making people understand your POV/accept your truth and move on). 

source.gif

2 minutes ago, lamms said:

was this foreshadowing lmao

i loved the composition of this video. i had been wanting to do this style of interview for a while. i-D does this sort of thing a lot. But yeah, looking back at it .... :awkney:

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Could anyone tell me what she said about Yosemite and recap the passage she talked about her work with Jack please? I don’t really wanna have to go through the entire interview :ohno:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~