Beautiful Loser

BBC Radio 1 Annie Mac COCC Premiere Jan 11th 2021

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I'm too scared to listen or read the article but did she actually say that? What was the context? Not that it makes it any better for fuck's sake :deadbanana:

She was saying it needed to happen so that we could reflect on what was happening in America. 

Still isn't much better in context as you simply can't use this without sounding utterly privileged and ignorant.

"Oh I'm sorry your family member literally died because of Trumps presidency but it needed to happen... to make the world a better place"

On 1/11/2021 at 10:40 PM, Idol Of Roses said:

The article is by https://twitter.com/Idonttwit

Maybe we should DM him and ask why he deliberately took that out of context

Isn't it obvious? He did it through exactly what she was describing - narcissism, for momentary attention with no regards to being a false witness and a liar. 

Yall gotta stop watching twitter so much though. She literally had the biggest controversy of her career 7 months ago yet the video is getting tons of views, the song is charting the same as they always do 

the stuff only really makes an impact within a small circle of twitter and beyond that it really doesn’t do much. 

also, you can only worry about the consequences and defend her so many times. She clearly doesn’t care if 1,000 people are mad at her on twitter. So I don’t think we should really waste any more energy on worrying about her public perception :rip: 

7 minutes ago, butterfliespt2 said:

if you haven't read or listened, don't form an opinion, esp not on a mid-sentence quote, just shut up?

drag me for asking a question I guess

tenor.gif?itemid=14897975

6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I'm too scared to listen or read the article but did she actually say that? What was the context? Not that it makes it any better for fuck's sake :deadbanana:

The whole interview had a LOT of bad moments, let's put it like that.

But that part was really taken out of context, here it is what she said about Trump:

ErfDRCDVkAA7Hrs?format=jpg&name=small

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

On 1/11/2021 at 10:44 PM, littleredpartydress said:

Yall gotta stop watching twitter so much though. She literally had the biggest controversy of her career 7 months ago yet the video is getting tons of views, the song is charting the same as they always do 

the stuff only really makes an impact within a small circle of twitter and beyond that it really doesn’t do much. 

also, you can only worry about the consequences and defend her so many times. She clearly doesn’t care if 1,000 people are mad at her on twitter. So I don’t think we should really waste any more energy on worrying about her public perception :rip: 

I don't wanna be annoying -- but I kept away from all of this over the past year -- what was the contreversy she was involved in? (Even a slight tip would be helpful - if describing it is effort, so I can look it up online)

Just now, butterfliespt2 said:

I don't wanna be annoying -- but I kept away from all of this kind of negative internet clart over the past year -- what was the contreversy she was involved in? (Even a slight tip would be helpful - if describing it is effort, so I can look it up online)

Consider yourself lucky

her infamous Instagram rant titled “question for the culture”

she truly set herself up with this one. i still can't believe she disregarded the entire point of the interview, questions about the album, to make a political statement that nobody needed. on one hand trump's presidency did open the eyes of many people of the younger generation on social issues in the world but on a wider scale dismissing everything else wrong going on in america is not the way to go about that especially considering the current political climate doesn't affect her in the slightest as she has no idea of the harsh reality capitalism and climate change truly affect the working and lower class. her new "woke" personality that she now has in retaliation to the criticism at "question for the culture", i assume, is just embarrassing and she should really collect herself before she ends up saying something she'll never be able to bounce back from.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

28 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

She was saying it needed to happen so that we could reflect on what was happening in America. 

Still isn't much better in context as you simply can't use this without sounding utterly privileged and ignorant.

"Oh I'm sorry your family member literally died because of Trumps presidency but it needed to happen... to make the world a better place"

well sooner or later it would have happened tho, because reforms are not moving forward. trump isn't the reason, why america is the way it is now, it's been going on for much longer. but the he was the cause that bubble burst in the end and exploded in everyone's face. let's not pretend, it was all sunshine under obama

and for one, lana wasn't wrong, when she said it was necessary. people would reflect back on obama's presidency and say it was a "breeze", when the same problems still existed. all because of the stark contrast trump sends off. the issues brought to light should now be tackled tho and no longer ignored.

edit: just saw under the tweet, that people are blaming trump for the raise of far right parties. please, it all started with the refugee crisis before trump

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

4 minutes ago, lamms said:

well sooner or later it would have happened tho, because reforms are not moving forward. trump isn't the reason, why america is the way it is now, it's been going on for much longer. but the he was the cause that bubble burst in the end and exploded in everyone's face. let's not pretend, it was all sunshine under obama

That's not something Lana will acknowledge lol

19 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

The whole interview had a LOT of bad moments, let's put it like that.

But that part was really taken out of context, here it is what she said about Trump:

ErfDRCDVkAA7Hrs?format=jpg&name=small

cultural criticism has never been her forte

25 minutes ago, partymonster said:

funny how yall wanna act like annie's a bad interviewer when lana was the one who fucked the interview up :toofunny: have you ever heard her other interviews? 

She literally asked like two questions about the music so... and it wasn't really a fuck up, just an interview

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

4 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

That's not something Lana will acknowledge lol

yeah obviously she won't admit, that obama was a war criminal and a mediocre/bad president, because in a lfl interview she already said, how "save" she felt under his administration. that's just her privilege speaking again tho and she's not the only one. so many democrats believe that too ("i want obama back boohoo") and it's just :awkney:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

10 minutes ago, orpheline said:

Well I think she spilled :diva: Love a controversial queen

Same sis!

Also I feel like we're missing something. Lana's interview was pretty manic. Almost like it was meant to. Maybe it wasn't, but either way, it came across as a bit manic. 

It reminded me of her iconic video interview with interview magazine. 

Before this video  I'd never seen that manic side of her. I feel like there's more to her crazy interview's recently.