Beautiful Loser

BBC Radio 1 Annie Mac COCC Premiere Jan 11th 2021

6 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Idk about Judy but Courtney is highly intelligent and generally articulates very well during interviews. 

She's just a crackhead online. 

13 minutes ago, Nobody said:

When Madonna, of all people, says that you are in dire need of attention, you know you're fucked. :air:

20 minutes ago, Nobody said:

i remember watching this live on mtv (i was a rabid courtney love/hole fan), it was absolutely incredible. courtney has had some absolutely cuckoo interviews over the past few decades (she once hosted mtv for like 24hrs straight, it was nuts) though seems to be sober/chiller now. to keep this on topic, i hated lana's interview w annie mac and hope to god that whenever print interviews come out they focus on the music, about which she actually has interesting things to say.

aOaIzH2.gif

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

i remember watching this live on mtv (i was a rabid courtney love/hole fan), it was absolutely incredible. courtney has had some absolutely cuckoo interviews over the past few decades (she once hosted mtv for like 24hrs straight, it was nuts) though seems to be sober/chiller now. to keep this on topic, i hated lana's interview w annie mac and hope to god that whenever print interviews come out they focus on the music, about which she actually has interesting things to say.

@lanadelrey who helped me get to a place to detox off the staggering , 15 bars a day, Xanax habit

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJrlEXFlZRL/

...time for Ms. Love to return the favour and figure out what's up with Lana :derpna2: 

She's not unhinged, or unhappy, she's. just. so. Strange. and. Wild. :icant:

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA FROM 51:00 ONWARD IS JUST.....SHE JUMPS OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW.

Annie: "so how are you dealing with 2020?"

Lana: "I mean......."

like she seems like shes on some "meds" ...like she seems soooo fucking high on this. my friend and i listened together and we were LITERALLY ROLLLLIINNGGG at the end blaze of glory when shes just going on about NONSENSE and swears..... so fucking good. I love this crazy queen

5 minutes ago, akasakasad said:

the way some of y'all choose to ignore the things she says is really embarrassing...

i dont think lana is all mentally there. like she says shes crazy all the time and im starting to genuinely believe her. she's not coming from a place of hate, she has a really good heart and good intentions, shes just kinda ignorant. no one is perfect especially celebrities and our culture makes us think they are. Lana is a singer who makes music, shes not a moral compass or political speaker, looking at her for stuff like that is just silly. if you take this kind of stuff with a grain of salt and just humorous, and just enjoy her music, youll enjoy her much more!

She's ruined the whole era for herself and us fans. Lana, no sorry, her mangers and label desperately need to get a brand new PR team. Tell her to keep her mouth closed on subjects that she has little to no understanding of and to stop posting on her socials for awhile unless its to do with promo.

Her behaviour the last few months has been atrocious and coupled with Lana believing in her own hype after the critical success of NFR, has made it seriously hard to stan her these days. 

Spoiler

Fuck it I hope the album bombs. Least it might give her a lesson in humbleness and tone down that monster of an ego of hers. I said what I said.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I just want to add, that her statement about trump was the exact statement Jay-Z made back in 2017/2018 and it is funny af people wanna try to make that a talking point as if she messed up saying what she said when she spilled tea. 

“One good thing he has done...He’s bringing out an ugly side of America that we wanted to believe was gone and it’s still here. We still gotta deal with it.” - Jay-Z on D*nald Trump

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jay-z-donald-trump-david-letterman_n_5ac70941e4b0337ad1e64898?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL0VVT2h6ck5Ya2U_YW1wPTE&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALbwg7f50yBuk5ohNWKbMluhFyJfOMiG-bBjTmRlxyuwHq0k7geUFrfUg84hV9uYMeuBjsJXAqG617fNIyFMBEgW0fhMzl7Y5eoR-OwV43SKfx3OiTnlc19zIIn4NPZOM9Zo67B7l-JTPUJWvxDabJUgp3XKmreZjRFSBEI4BNoI

I've heard the first part of the interview. I think she's deeply hurt by the racism accusations she faced so she says what she wants to finally say, by herself in the first minute of the interview. The rest of the interview is more a roleplay of her new LDR personna and a citizen that shares her visions about society and politics. I never liked her views on that since a long long time so I still don't care, and I don't shame someone for speaking freely.

I understood the line of narcissism as it brings: overconsumption, slavery, climatic change, polarisation, wars etc. I heard that climatic change wasn't the main problem cause narcissism of our societies brings it, but many other destructive issues.

The part of the album she didn't like was strange, but I choose to be interested by this album more now she said it was so out of her goals and that she didn't see what's next. It's kinda exciting when I thought she was frozen in that NFR era.

I might be optimistic.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

1 hour ago, lanabanana11 said:

i dont think lana is all mentally there. like she says shes crazy all the time and im starting to genuinely believe her. she's not coming from a place of hate, she has a really good heart and good intentions, shes just kinda ignorant. no one is perfect especially celebrities and our culture makes us think they are. Lana is a singer who makes music, shes not a moral compass or political speaker, looking at her for stuff like that is just silly. if you take this kind of stuff with a grain of salt and just humorous, and just enjoy her music, youll enjoy her much more!

nobody is looking to lana to be a moral compass, it's just sad to see people on here basically saying "choosing to ignore her racist comments so i can still enjoy her!"

28 minutes ago, akasakasad said:

nobody is looking to lana to be a moral compass, it's just sad to see people on here basically saying "choosing to ignore her racist comments so i can still enjoy her!"

i dont really think Lana is a racist. Being ignorant and racist imo are two different things. Racism is thinking one race is better than the other, it comes from a place of hate and needing to be supirior in terms of power, and I dont think Lana has any of that in her. she just fails to see bigger picture and gets things a bit twisted due to how ignorant and out of touch she is.

41 minutes ago, Macintosh Manhattan said:

She's ruined the whole era for herself and us fans. Lana, no sorry, her mangers and label desperately need to get a brand new PR team. Tell her to keep her mouth closed on subjects that she has little to no understanding of and to stop posting on her socials for awhile unless its to do with promo.

Her behaviour the last few months has been atrocious and coupled with Lana believing in her own hype after the critical success of NFR, has made it seriously hard to stan her these days. 

Hide contents

Fuck it I hope the album bombs. Least it might give her a lesson in humbleness and tone down that monster of an ego of hers. I said what I said.

omg legit bye why are you even on a lana fan site if you want her album to bomb? go to BillieBoards and have fun luv

She was so slurry and rambling on matters which were clearly not related to the questions she was asked, very suspicious. Obviously there's some bitterness from the whole drama over question for the culture (which she SHOULD feel hurt by, considering it's so triggering for her and yet she's made little progress in this department), but she was definitely off. Tell me what you think but I believe that might be because of the painkillers they gave her for her elbow ? It's very recent and like she said, it's a painful and long process. I'm like 90% sure it's the painkillers, it's the slow mix of elatedness and slurry speech.

I find it so bizarre how someone who's so thoughtful + insightful + well-spoken in her songs/poems is so incoherent and unintelligible in her regular conversations/social media posts. It's like songwriting is the only way she knows how to communicate. Her mind is genuinely so perplexing to me :sadcore4: 

1 hour ago, paradisetropico said:

I just want to add, that her statement about trump was the exact statement Jay-Z made back in 2017/2018 and it is funny af people wanna try to make that a talking point as if she messed up saying what she said when she spilled tea. 

“One good thing he has done...He’s bringing out an ugly side of America that we wanted to believe was gone and it’s still here. We still gotta deal with it.” - Jay-Z on D*nald Trump

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jay-z-donald-trump-david-letterman_n_5ac70941e4b0337ad1e64898?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL0VVT2h6ck5Ya2U_YW1wPTE&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALbwg7f50yBuk5ohNWKbMluhFyJfOMiG-bBjTmRlxyuwHq0k7geUFrfUg84hV9uYMeuBjsJXAqG617fNIyFMBEgW0fhMzl7Y5eoR-OwV43SKfx3OiTnlc19zIIn4NPZOM9Zo67B7l-JTPUJWvxDabJUgp3XKmreZjRFSBEI4BNoI

I do get what you're saying, for sure! But Jay-Z worded this point way better. Unfortunately Lana dug one hell of a hole with her wording :(

2 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

honestly it was so fun & comforting listening, it was like a podcast & felt like she was very honest and vulnerable - holding no opinions back. I loved it and felt like I was having coffee with her on a coffee shop patio talking about the world  

This raises a point - I think Lana would be so much better suited to a podcast format than an interview format if she wants to discuss these kinda big topics. The time constraints of a short radio interview just gives no breathing room honestly, and while I'm unhappy with what she said I like to believe she - somewhere in that mad unusual colourful brain of hers - had something she was trying to say, but maybe couldn't get out. idkkkkkk either way I think a podcast format would suit her better these days!

2 hours ago, lanabanana11 said:

shes not a moral compass or political speaker, looking at her for stuff like that is just silly. if you take this kind of stuff with a grain of salt and just humorous, and just enjoy her music, youll enjoy her much more!

I agree with what you're saying, but at the same time - the vast majority of the time she is the one that brings up these things. I mean every time she brought up the racism thing Annie Mac tried swiftly steering away from it but Lana just kept bringing it up. And these hot takes she kept trying to put out there.... maaaaaaan. She keeps shooting herself in the foot honestly. Nobody is looking to her to be some amazingly well informed political speaker so that's why personally I would way way way rather she just kinda left it alone. As Tiffany would say, "you shoulda just sat there and ate your food" </3

Wq9zHLl.jpg