Beautiful Loser

BBC Radio 1 Annie Mac COCC Premiere Jan 11th 2021

sooo i listened to this live yesterday and slept on it, but my opinion stays the same: this interview needs to be BURIED and never talked about again lol. what a mess, she kept rambling and had such a chaotic energy, which i usually love and find cute but it didn't fit the topics that she talked about. i guess she really meant it when she put that quote in her bio:

Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes.

my least favourite part was when she talked about racism and kept laughing... white privilege.

honestly though, it feels like something's off and i hope she's okay. i wonder how much longer she'll be able to keep ignoring the fact that she needs an actual PR team. i love and appreciate that she wants to be authentic and share her raw thoughts with us but at the same time, she might be slowly killing her career and i'm gonna lose a lot of respect for her. i just can't make up excuses for some of the stuff she says, she just sounds so ignorant and tone deaf, it's sickening. i mean, how was she not prepared for annie's questions? she sounded so out of touch.

on another note, she didn't seem that excited about sharing her new record with us. it might be the (deserved) criticism that she's currently facing. whatever the reason may be, she sounded like she is creatively blocked, as she mentioned she's not really working on a new album which she usually does. i'm expecting a long break after chemtrails, which i'm actually okay with! i hope she takes the time she needs to find herself creatively again.

"white dress" sounds like the most interesting song so far! i hope we get to see the video and this won't be a "cherry" situation.

i want to add one more thing about her being on meds and i think it's a very sensitive topic, which is why i'll put it in a spoiler:

Spoiler

i know people with mental issues who take meds, and i've talked to people who are high off their meds and need a different dose. i'm no expert by any means but it might take some time to get the specific dose that a person needs right. she didn't make sense most of her interview and when she mentioned the meds i was like "hm maybe that's why". this is me speculating of course and i'll shut up about it now.

“I got a lot of issues but inclusivity ain’t one of them” no it’s fine because she has had rapper boyfriends (whatever that means) and she tagged all the people of colour present in her friendship photo. The whole thing is unbelievable and the fact that she gets so defensive plays against her. I think she takes it too much to heart (I mean being called a racist publicly is never fun) but even then people were ready to still give her a chance. She sounded traumatised by the whole situation in that interview and I thought to myself “gosh there’s so much to unpack here “. Like I said I’m not here to fix lana but most of my friends are actually POC and I would always tell them how great of an artist she is. Now I will listen to her in my bedroom with my headphones on as it’s too embarrassing and I would feel complicit stanning her. I think she’s gone a bit mad. Also in the context of 2020, George Floyd and anti racism, I can’t just sit there and pretend that shit isn’t real just because Lana is acting completely ignorant and making the worst micro agressions any artist has made in the past year. Imagine stanning her as black person and listening to her talk shit like that? Even worse and thank God I’m not in that position.

I just listened to this, and while it had a few good moments, I can’t stop wondering if she’s doing okay. It’s either she’s on meds, or going through something.

And there are a lot of things that she said are incredibly unnecessary and actually might make the backlash even bigger.

I think she better stay away from social media and live interviews for a while. She’s just making things worse

nF70D0F.png

36 minutes ago, Whitemustang said:

“I got a lot of issues but inclusivity ain’t one of them” no it’s fine because she has had rapper boyfriends (whatever that means) and she tagged all the people of colour present in her friendship photo. The whole thing is unbelievable and the fact that she gets so defensive plays against her. I think she takes it too much to heart (I mean being called a racist publicly is never fun) but even then people were ready to still give her a chance. She sounded traumatised by the whole situation in that interview and I thought to myself “gosh there’s so much to unpack here “. Like I said I’m not here to fix lana but most of my friends are actually POC and I would always tell them how great of an artist she is. Now I will listen to her in my bedroom with my headphones on as it’s too embarrassing and I would feel complicit stanning her. I think she’s gone a bit mad. Also in the context of 2020, George Floyd and anti racism, I can’t just sit there and pretend that shit isn’t real just because Lana is acting completely ignorant and making the worst micro agressions any artist has made in the past year. Imagine stanning her as black person and listening to her talk shit like that? Even worse and thank God I’m not in that position.

very this!! especially the part about the friends. my best friend and i used to have drunken lana nights where we'd get wasted and listen to all her music. im white and my bestie is black, and during QFTC she was already kinda side-eyeing lana really hard.... now, i know she's gonna be SUPER turned off from her just like im becoming :toofloppy: its even worse. so it seems drunken lana nights will be no more which im sad about! but there's no way im gonna sit there and encourage my bestie to listen to a woman who's THIS wrapped up in her white privilege that she continually makes ignorant comments.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

13 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

very this!! especially the part about the friends. my best friend and i used to have drunken lana nights where we'd get wasted and listen to all her music. im white and my bestie is black, and during QFTC she was already kinda side-eyeing lana really hard.... now, i know she's gonna be SUPER turned off from her just like im becoming :toofloppy: its even worse. so it seems drunken lana nights will be no more which im sad about! but there's no way im gonna sit there and encourage my bestie to listen to a woman who's THIS wrapped up in her white privilege that she continually makes ignorant comments.

This!!! I do hope she takes a moment away from the public eye and takes time to reflect on all the things she has said. Also, I can’t imagine Chuck who seems pretty normal and tuned not to have told her “Lana wtf is wrong with you?!”

I read somewhere that numerologically 2021 will be exactly like 2012. I'm getting those Vibes after listening to Lana's interview. She's going to get roasted continously for being uncensored for her train of thoughts in this interview. Even though her intentions were pure, her way of conveying her thoughts makes her seem utterly clueless. It's like this year is going to be a Deja Vu of 2012 especially for Lana. On the bright side this gives me hope that COTCC will be as ICONIQUE :clapback:as BTD. Keeping my fingers crossed. I wish there were more tracks though. Only 11 tracks and all songs are pretty short. No 10 minute tracks :xcry:

Just now, Electric Body said:

Ok but what are the "good things" we can take away from this?

She does a MV for White Dress and Yosemite was not touched by Jack - anything else?

nah i think you pretty much summed it up :oopna2:

3 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

Ok but what are the "good things" we can take away from this?

She does a MV for White Dress and Yosemite was not touched by Jack - anything else?

she's..... getting her chimney fixed..... which is..... nice????

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Yes, she kind of implied that there is something going on in her personal life. I felt bad for her.

It is true, as a lot of you say, that she probably needs some time off. Honeymoon was one of her best eras because she was away from everything and had time for self introspection. It was hard to be a fan during those years because of her absence but she seemed renewed when she came back (artistically and as a person). If she decides to do that again we will support her, she probably needs some peace now too.

I just feel like it's LA celebrities in particular who are in this weird bubble and they tell you they know what's going on in the world...but they really don't? There's something about lviing in that place that makes them become these insufferable privileged supreme beings. Very weird.

I'm going to boil her incoherent speech down to painkillers + morning brain fog.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

8 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I just feel like it's LA celebrities in particular who are in this weird bubble and they tell you they know what's going on in the world...but they really don't? There's something about lviing in that place that makes them become these insufferable privileged supreme beings. Very weird.

I'm going to boil her incoherent speech down to painkillers + morning brain fog.

for real, it's only a matter of time for them to show the signs, it's kinda funny

I wonder what would have happened if she stayed in NY

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 hours ago, Mrs Puff said:

I find it so bizarre how someone who's so thoughtful + insightful + well-spoken in her songs/poems is so incoherent and unintelligible in her regular conversations/social media posts. It's like songwriting is the only way she knows how to communicate. Her mind is genuinely so perplexing to me :sadcore4: 

Makes me wonder if she really the one writing all these lyrics. :sideeye:

10 minutes ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

This will probably get Lana invited on Rogan 

No it won't. Rogan invites intelligent people who can talk for 3 hours straight on interesting shit. Lana's brain is too fried to get into it with Joe. After today, she shouldn't do anymore interviews. She comes across like a megalomaniac and has no idea how to put a sentence together.

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

No it won't. Rogan invites intelligent people who can talk for 3 hours straight on interesting shit. Lana's brain is too fried to get into it with Joe. After today, she shouldn't do anymore interviews. She comes across like a megalomaniac and has no idea how to put a sentence together.

i agree that she shouldn't do any more interviews for a while, especially not rogan. she used to be so interesting to listen to and i always loved the way she spoke, the words she used. annie didn't even ask the hard questions - she'd absolutely go down if rogan interviewed her lol. i mean, he did interview miley and other musicians... but lana is an incoherent mess right now, i doubt he'd find her point of view interesting at the moment.

3 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

he had Kanye on tho right? I think he's attracted to controversial figures overall tbh (never listened to his podcast tho so idk!)

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I think we do way too much of talking about her intentions. There's a lot of ignorance, plain dumbassery, and even evil in the world that are done with good intentions. It doesn't make a difference at the end of the day 

And thats not me saying she's evil. nothing she's going on about really has that much consequence in the real world. but when a grown adult is speaking for themselves they're showing who they are as a person.  if you're still pulling your hair out trying to defend her and explain what she really meant i think you need to just move on 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif