Beautiful Loser

BBC Radio 1 Annie Mac COCC Premiere Jan 11th 2021

45 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

he had Kanye on tho right? I think he's attracted to controversial figures overall tbh (never listened to his podcast tho so idk!)

yes, he did have kanye on the podcast, so i don't think it's impossible, he has a large variety of people on his show

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

4 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

Can we not do that kindergarten thing? The interview was a mess, this has nothing to do with being a hater

As much as I want to agree, the only sentences that were given the attention were the ones taken out of context, and that's mostly my issue. If she is on a phone, patching a chimney, what kind of interview do you expect tbh? It's like when Ryan Seacrest called Britney in July and she told him "wait I'm making Christmas potpourri" :rip:

She said what she said in her quick, casual way. Let her be, let her music speak for itself, we're all Lana fans here. It's not like you're gonna buy tickets to her concert to listen her talk about Trump or anyone would buy Kanye's concert tickets to listen to him talk... in general... Sorry, bad analogy, but I hope you get it.

13 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

I really condemn what Complex is doing but let's not act as if they had a hard times twisting her words. That interview was a mess and she should have talked her music instead of whatever that was

the fact that you could literally listen to 20 second snippets of the original source files or even just big chunks of the later half and still get this messy impression of this interview :rip:

i76mrxw.png 

5 minutes ago, faruhs said:

As much as I want to agree, the only sentences that were given the attention were the ones taken out of context, and that's mostly my issue. If she is on a phone, patching a chimney, what kind of interview do you expect tbh? It's like when Ryan Seacrest called Britney in July and she told him "wait I'm making Christmas potpourri" :rip:

the majority of the interview wasn't even about the music because she made every question somehow be about her QFTC moment or trump, i actually wish Annie or the chimney repair men would have cut her off every other minute or two so she could actually reply to the questions annie was asking about the music 

i76mrxw.png 

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

the majority of the interview wasn't even about the music because she made every question somehow be about her QFTC moment or trump, i actually wish Annie or the chimney repair men would have cut her off every other minute or two so she could actually reply to the questions annie was asking about the music 

It's a double edged sword, Annie was also not being professional, if we go there.

Can you really blame the homegirl being defensive???

I also think Annie should have done her research and prepared well enough to be able to ask for everything between NFR and COCC. Imagine if Diane Sawyer was the interviewer. I mean, come on! All Annie did was give a heavy sigh in between, and that makes her what, super cool?

17 minutes ago, faruhs said:

She said what she said in her quick, casual way. Let her be, let her music speak for itself, we're all Lana fans here. It's not like you're gonna buy tickets to her concert to listen her talk about Trump or anyone would buy Kanye's concert tickets to listen to him talk... in general... Sorry, bad analogy, but I hope you get it.

Sorry gurl, but she's a professional artist. if she can't handle "looking at the chimney" and giving an interview, she should - not do it.

She said a lot of bullshit, probably not mean spirited bit completely unprovoked. She could have easily made this about the music and the album instead of delivering this pile of easy-to-misunderstand-monologues about ... herself.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 minute ago, Electric Body said:

Sorry gurl, but she's a professional artist. if she can't handle "looking at the chimney" and giving an interview, she should - not do it.

She said a lot of bullshit, probably not mean spirited bit completely unprovoked. She could have easily made this about the music and the album instead of delivering this pile of easy-to-misunderstand-monologues about ... herself.

I agree, but Capitol Hill happened a few days ago, maybe she's still unhinged (no pun intended) because of it because I know I still am and I am not even American.

I truly enjoy/like when stars use their platform to talk about bigger issues. Again, not comparing, but Madonna has always done it and she's truly respected because of that, maybe within a year we will all appreciate what Lana said. I don't know. I'm being very hypothetical right now.

4 minutes ago, faruhs said:

I also think Annie should have done her research and prepared well enough to be able to ask for everything between NFR and COCC. Imagine if Diane Sawyer was the interviewer. I mean, come on! All Annie did was give a heavy sigh in between, and that makes her what, super cool?

Lana could have prepared and talked about the album instead of babbling messy stuff and being distracted all the time. Stop blaming anyone but lana for this. The magazines twisting her words is definitly not it, but she's done everything to get bad attention lately.

4 minutes ago, faruhs said:

So next time Annie should just hung up once lana picks up i guess? The ability of Lana to twist any question about anything to something QFTC or trump related yesterday was honestly astonishing. I don't get what you're trying to say with you saying Annie was soooo unprofessional when most of her questions were extremely easy to answer with almost anything COCC (song / video / album) related.

i76mrxw.png 

3 minutes ago, faruhs said:

I agree, but Capitol Hill happened a few days ago, maybe she's still unhinged (no pun intended) because of it because I know I still am and I am not even American.

I truly enjoy/like when stars use their platform to talk about bigger issues. Again, not comparing, but Madonna has always done it and she's truly respected because of that, maybe within a year we will all appreciate what Lana said. I don't know. I'm being very hypothetical right now.

If that's what happens if she talks about "bigger issues" then I'd rather have her avoid any topic not related to her art. Artist who do that successfully usually have something to say. As much as I'm a fan of her music - Lana is a rich, spoiled American woman and her political views equal the ones of a 16 year old tumblr girl most of the time.

1 minute ago, Electric Body said:

Lana could have prepared and talked about the album instead of babbling messy stuff and being distracted all the time. Stop blaming anyone but lana for this. The magazines twisting her words is definitly not it, but she's done everything to get bad attention lately.

Yes, she could have prepared BUT knowing her history with Annie Mac, did she really feel she had to?

Distraction, I agree, you know you have an interview, so go into the bathroom for silence or something.

I'm literally not blaming anyone, I'm just upset her words, AGAIN, have been taken out of her mouth in the wrong context, just like making a big deal out of the fucking mesh mask which she already explained. And magazines have ALWAYS twisted ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for publicity. But you know, any publicity is good publicity.

Everyone really thought she was cancelled after BLM, well, you guys are here, other fans are there, she's trending, vinyls are sold out, so really, why should she care more than that tbh?

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

So next time Annie should just hung up once lana picks up i guess? The ability of Lana to twist any question about anything to something QFTC or trump related yesterday was honestly astonishing. I don't get what you're trying to say with you saying Annie was soooo unprofessional when most of her questions were extremely easy to answer with almost anything COCC (song / video / album) related.

Sorry I must be really unhingned, I really, really don't know what QFTC is.

I didn't say Annie was unprofessional, but people here saying Lana was, so Annie's heavy sigh response was also unprofessional.

I'm on your side, but let's not get angry at our queen when she is feeding us more than we are ought to... Come on.

Just now, takeitdoen said:

Hi everyone! I am loving the discussion on the Annie Mac interview, but since we have a dedicated topic I have just moved your replies over to the Interview thread. Please keep the replies up over there, so we can keep this thread to chatting about music!

Sorry if this messed up any Page 3000 Milestone posts. :awkney:

Sorry it went there!

6 minutes ago, faruhs said:

Yes, she could have prepared BUT knowing her history with Annie Mac, did she really feel she had to?

Distraction, I agree, you know you have an interview, so go into the bathroom for silence or something.

I'm literally not blaming anyone, I'm just upset her words, AGAIN, have been taken out of her mouth in the wrong context, just like making a big deal out of the fucking mesh mask which she already explained. And magazines have ALWAYS twisted ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for publicity. But you know, any publicity is good publicity.

Everyone really thought she was cancelled after BLM, well, you guys are here, other fans are there, she's trending, vinyls are sold out, so really, why should she care more than that tbh?

Annie's questions would have been easy to answer if she would not have insisted on brabbling weird stuff. She could have just talked about her album. The single. Whatever. The very reason she was interviewed for. But she was so self-absorbed for whatever reason that she messed up and - while it's terrible how her words are twisted - now she acts as if this just happened to her out of the blue.

Apart from that - she most likely lied about the mesh mask. It was nothing but mesh and she decided to proudly parade it around in the CoCC video :rip: She continues to  do stupid stuff without a reason and as much as I want to, I don't see a reason to defend her for things like that anyome. She's a grown up woman, a professional artist. Yes she has been treated extremely unfairly by the media in her past (and still is) but that does not excuse all the sh*t she's been doing lately. It would be SO easy to avoid controversy, yet she choses to make a mess again and again

2 minutes ago, faruhs said:

Sorry I must be really unhingned, I really, really don't know what QFTC is.

I didn't say Annie was unprofessional, but people here saying Lana was, so Annie's heavy sigh response was also unprofessional.

I'm on your side, but let's not get angry at our queen when she is feeding us more than we are ought to... Come on.

Question For The Culture

I mean if Lana just sighed at the questions it would have probably been a better interview than what we've gotten yesterday :crai:

i76mrxw.png 

3 minutes ago, faruhs said:

Sorry it went there!

All g! Good discussion flows both ways so carry on.

I will add that I'm sure when Annie asked 'How was your 2020' she probably assumed Lana would talk about topics like recording music or poetry, and didn't expect her to begin talking about politics. :awkney:

3lfQEhw.png

9 minutes ago, faruhs said:

Exactly...  she asks about the sound of the album and forgets the question over the course of like 30 seconds the broken chimney incident took? You'd think a question like that would be a big one, you are running a show focused on *drumroll* music after all. And then she just shrugs, proceeding to ask how 2020 was for Lana even though she had only negative publicity in 2020 because of all the controversies she brought on herself. How on earth is that a good idea unless she intended it as a trap? I have no idea who this Annie girl is (I have no reason whatsoever to listen to BBC as I don't even listen to the radio in my own country lol) but I can't say she felt like a true professional to me.