Beautiful Loser

BBC Radio 1 Annie Mac COCC Premiere Jan 11th 2021

11 hours ago, jvcx said:

Exactly...  she asks about the sound of the album and forgets the question over the course of like 30 seconds the broken chimney incident took? You'd think a question like that would be a big one, you are running a show focused on *drumroll* music after all. And then she just shrugs, proceeding to ask how 2020 was for Lana even though she had only negative publicity in 2020 because of all the controversies she brought on herself. How on earth is that a good idea unless she intended it as a trap? I have no idea who this Annie girl is (I have no reason whatsoever to listen to BBC as I don't even listen to the radio in my own country lol) but I can't say she felt like a true professional to me.

She's a professional. I can't believe the mental gymnastics people on her are willing to perform in order to blame her for Lana behaving like she did.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The biggest disappoint is that Annie didn't get to ask about the covers album or about the poetry - actually before the interview started Annie said that Lana had a book of poetry "dropping soon" ?? . I assume whoever organised the interview would've provided her with some talking points hence Annie being totally caught off guard and being unsure how to navigate away from the racism defence, but the segue for this would've been her 2020 question, and then the only time music got brought up was when someone at that exact moment felt the need to interrupt the entire interview to fix a chimney. :mj3:

3lfQEhw.png

not y'all dissing Annie Mac and trying to shove her down to defend Lana's antics. ...... annie sweetie

23 minutes ago, salvatore said:

not y'all dissing Annie Mac and trying to shove her down to defend Lana's antics. ...... annie sweetie

I don't think anyone is dissing Annie but she did ask some open ended questions... and Lana answered them in her own unique special way

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

2 hours ago, faruhs said:

Annie was also not being professional, if we go there.

1 hour ago, jvcx said:

How on earth is that a good idea unless she intended it as a trap? I have no idea who this Annie girl is (I have no reason whatsoever to listen to BBC as I don't even listen to the radio in my own country lol) but I can't say she felt like a true professional to me.

1 hour ago, annedelrey said:

Lets say It clear... Annie wasnt ok, 

15 minutes ago, orpheline said:

I don't think anyone is dissing Annie but she did ask some open ended questions... and Lana answered them in her own unique special way

?

2 minutes ago, new gods said:

same radio, does it matter? anyways annie did nothing wrong what was she supposed to do tell lana to shut the fuck up on air 

Ask about the music instead of getting distracted by cats and chimney sweeps?

tumblr_mxh4lutwsI1qd8zg3o4_250.gif

Jk! I thought the interview was lovely.

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

8 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

he had Kanye on tho right? I think he's attracted to controversial figures overall tbh (never listened to his podcast tho so idk!)

And Kanye came across unhinged and nuts when he sat and rambled to Joe for two hours. 

3 hours ago, annedelrey said:

Lets say It clear... Annie wasnt ok, Lana wasnt ok:twirls: THE END

Listen to the other hundreds of interviews Annie has done over the years with other artist. Annie wasn't the problem here. Lana was. :awk:

I love Annie sooo much like she’s my fav but yeah people saying she kept trying to redirect back to music but like .. she didn’t? she openly asked Lana to clarify several times & even after the break for music she asked about the pandemic which isn’t relevant to the music either & other artists have talked about the government when answering the question so. 

annie didn’t do anything wrong and she can’t like control Lana’s opinions or know how Lana would answer but 1) asking about her comment 2) asking for clarification on Lana’s answers 3) challenging Lana’s opinions 4) asking questions not relating to the music.... it’s not like Lana went off on a tangent that Annie desperately didn’t want her to. 

also, they never do 40minute interviews on future sounds, like I’ve never heard one last so long? worth noting i guess

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

honestly i feel bad for lana.

her mistakes are her own, and she should actually own up to them at some point but i sadly doubt she will have the maturity to do that, in her mind it would probably feel like resignation to the internet trolls- and to an extent it is.

ik there is no malice when she talks about sensitive topics, but her thoughts are hardly executed correctly.

But in some ways, she is right. Her words get twisted, and she will always be looked down on as inauthentic and frivolous by the industry and the internet. For example, her name dropping of artists of color got branded as “Lana LASHES out at contemporaries of color”, “Lana del rey receives backlash for RACIST DRAG on poc women”, and many people who saw QFTC or her recent comments are already looking and hoping to craft this racist, oblivious white woman narrative before they even read it, their perception of her message warped and they see red before they can truly think on it. So its understandable she is frustrated that people are set to default judge and criticize her, and create their own narratives about who she is.

BUT on the other hand... after all her babbling she can hardly blame anyone else at this point. She is also not in any place to say

1. that she is inclusive (thats not really up to her)

2. that she is blameless in all of this controversy (also, not up to her to decide that)

I cannot listen to the annie mac interview because it will literally give me second hand embarrassment, but from what i gather it was a mess. Her IGTV from today at least was more coherent and the reception was more positive.

above all, i wish her peace. shes been thru a lot this year specifically and shes tarnished her already fragile reputation so i hope shes okay mentally.

i know she hates it when people question her mental state so im not gonna play-doctor diagnose her or anything, just hoping for her to be free of this and hopefully learn from it so we can all move the fuck on.

sorry to anyone who reads this i hope its not offensive or stupid. i also didnt realize it was so long.