Sign in to follow this  
neonchemtrails

Entering a new era in Lana's career and image...

Hey guys!

I am so fascinated in the public reception of Lana, and her words, and career... since the start of her career, she's been super divisive and controversial, and things seemed to have cooled down post LFL and during NFR, but then QFTC happened and now we're here today lol. 

I think the way Complex ran with that singular quote and tried to spin it a negative way is telling in regards to how Lana will from now on will be perceived, and I think the chatter and dialogue surrounding race, and so forth, will continue to... plague (?) her and her work... 

If you simply google her name, so many articles come up with "tone deaf comments" or "race issue", and not so much any writing regarding her new song...

What do you guys think?

I remember drawing a picture of her while I was staying after school (2017), a guy came up to me and asked "Isnt that Lana Del Rey?" "Yeah" "Huh.. I havent heard about her since she was really big back then, is she still making music?" It kinda made me realize how some people arent up to date on her. I think she has def entered a new era starting with NFR, since it got so many postive reviews and finally broke her out of her BTD image- all the reviews said how that album was so much more "mature". I started listening to Lana during her LFL era and I remember seeing her still as the BTD girl. But it seems like even tho she has progressed now we have other problems like her honestly superficial comments on race * for questions about her stance on things. I dont think she is racist at all, but heres how I know she needs to respond to questions better: I wouldnt reccommend anyone to practice responding the way she does. I guess its just an aspect of her we didnt see yet. I hope she learns to own up to her actions or she is gonna look like a "princess" who cant handle people misunderstanding her when she gives spotty answers. Oh well. We will see how it goes. (Sorry if this is harsh, but Im still annoyed by her Annie interview and her response) 

Edited by Turtledove