Sign in to follow this  
jvcx

Ricky Martin

unt.png

There's probably a very minimal audience (if any) for the Livin' La Vida Loca heartthrob papi Enrique Martín Morales, the Puerto Rican singer, songwriter, actor, author, humanitarian and the "Latin Music King" here on LB so let me just take this opportunity to toot my own horn and publicly declare my neverending love for him :awkney: 

To be brutally honest I don't even listen to any other Latin music though I probably should, but his material just hits me and I've been both a fan and thirsting over him for a decade, no joke. He seems like such a kind and loving soul, a devoted father and husband, his energy is so serene and there's just so much warmth to him. I really wish I could speak fluent Spanish so I could understand some of the lyrics without having to look up translations and I wish I had been old enough to jump on the 90's mass hysteria bandwagon when he was big even in Finland, making appearances on some random ass Finnish TV shows and all that but I was a freaking toddler. At least it's easy to find CD singles without having to buy them overseas. 

I don't really care for the hits like Livin' La Vida Loca and María that much (though I admit they're good) as my favorite records from him by far are Música + Alma + Sexo released in 2011 and its 2005 predecessor Life, some of my most played tracks being Más and I Don't Care (feat. Fat Joe & Amerie) and more recently, Adrenalina (feat. Jennifer Lopez & Wisin). I'm also obsessed with Self Control covers these days so Que Día Es Hoy has been a real guilty pleasure of mine recently. Not speaking Spanish I haven't been able to connect with the 2015 record A Quien Quiera Escuchar as much as the other records, ofc they're mostly in Spanish as well but they have more of bangers (I love La Mordidita though). His latest EP PAUSA is pretty good but I kinda have the same problem with it.

To conclude my fangirling, I don't know which I wish for more, for him to tie me up in some basement in his gorgeous Beverly Crest house and use me as he pleases or to adopt me into his loving family. But I guess my only options are to wish he'd release music more frequently and to aspire to age as gracefully as he has and peak in my 40s :crying: Oh and I'm still bitter my parents made me choose between his and Britney's concert tickets back in 2011 even though his concert was in our hometown. I just had to go with Britney :krylie:

Discography

Ricky Martin (1991)

Me Amaras (1993)
A Medio Vivir (1995)

Vuelve (1998)

Ricky Martin (1999)

Sound Loaded (2000)

Almas Del Silencio (2003)

Life (2005)

Música + Alma + Sexo (2011)

A Quien Quiera Escuchar (2015)

PAUSA (2020)

I love him!! I haven't heard a lot of him, except the obvious hits but I really like him as a person and celebrity he's just so likable

The last thing I heard about him was Tiburones and that song he has with Recidente and Bad Bunny, loved them both

8nl2OpX.png

I take back everything I said about A Quien Quiera Escuchar, I got the CD for my collection (which is still missing his first two records) so I've been listening to it lately and it's actually pretty good! La Mordidita is still the best track on the record but Adiós has grown on me so much and I've been surprisingly addicted to Isla Bella :flutter: I love taking a look at the album cover every now and then bc he looks smoldering hot on it, that chest hair is making me feel things... :icant: