partymonster

Olivia Rodrigo

50 minutes ago, partymonster said:

it's sweet, but as some members have already said I really want her to drop the indie girl voice :creep:

holy fuck the live version is even better than the original. her VOCALS

lABVyGE.png

Her shop is cute: https://shop.oliviarodrigo.com/?utm_campaign=nav&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=oliviarodrigo.com

With "Drivers License" topping the charts around the world, many new fans of the track are wanting more sad bangers to get them through the winter. With the artist's music in high demand, when will Olivia Rodrigo drop her debut album? The world might have to wait just a little bit longer for the Disney star to complete her first project, but the singer revealed in a recent interview that new music is definitely in the works.

n her Feb. 4 interview with Nylon, Rodrigo talked a lot about what fans have to look forward to from her in the future, but she was pretty guarded about any concrete details. She did, however, reveal that she already has a clear artistic vision for her first album. “I want it to be super versatile,” she said. “My dream is to have it be an intersection between mainstream pop, folk music, and alternative rock. I love the songwriting and the lyricism and the melodies of folk music. I love the tonality of alt-rock. Obviously, I’m obsessed with pop and pop artists. So I’m going to try and take all of my sort of influences ... and make something that I like.”

All that's good and well, but stans are hungry for more now. Curious fans will be happy to know Rodrigo's already completed eight songs she's "happy" with, but she's not trying to rush the process. "I actually feel a lot more confident in my writing abilities since ‘Drivers License’ came out," she said of writing new tracks. She also revealed new music would come out during 2021, but there's no sign yet that the music will be in the form of an album, an EP, or something else entirely.

One thing is for certain: the newest season of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series is coming. When Rodrigo talked about the details of her new music with Nylon, she was doing so over Zoom from Salt Lake City, busy filming for the Disney+ series. It's likely that before we get a new solo project from Rodrigo, we'll get some new music from her character in the show, Nini. Regardless, stans better be ready to stream Rodrigo's next hit and help it hit No. 1 just like they did with "Drivers License."

When Will Olivia Rodrigo Drop Her Debut Album? She Opened Up About Her Plans (elitedaily.com)

8 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

rumored: debut album will be self titled and have 11 tracks 

It‘s called *O*R, 11 Tracks, out May 21, it‘s on iTunes already for presave 

Honestly Disney is not making ex act like they used to back in the day, she has a tenth of the charisma/appeal Demi and Selena used to have (she can sing I’ll give her that) 

The range Demi had in her Disney years... no girl will come close 

9 minutes ago, Charlie B said:

It‘s called *O*R, 11 Tracks, out May 21, it‘s on iTunes already for presave 

oh :rip: i saw the rumor like 8 hrs ago but didnt bother to see if she had actually announced it by now