partymonster

Olivia Rodrigo

good 4 u, brutal and jealousy, jealousy are great, but I'm really not fan of her ??????? singing in the rest of the album. She really should expand on that punk-pop style, it suits her better than the ballads imo

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Album sounds really good:wub:

Brutal, g4u, jealousy, happier and deja vu are the best songs on album. She should go in pop-rock/alt-rock/punk vibes cause brutal is that bitch:defeated:

1 hour ago, lamms said:

good 4 u, brutal and jealousy, jealousy are great, but I'm really not fan of her ??????? singing in the rest of the album. She really should expand on that punk-pop style, it suits her better than the ballads imo

19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

her rock serve on brutal. i wish more songs were pop rock though 

4 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Album sounds really good:wub:

Brutal, g4u, jealousy, happier and deja vu are the best songs on album. She should go in pop-rock/alt-rock/punk vibes cause brutal is that bitch:defeated:

i agree, her voice stood out on brutal and it was a great opener :defeated: that’s why i’m a little disappointed that the rest of the album apart from the singles were just ballads

She chose the best songs as the singles. The other tracks are a bit bland...? 1 step forward, 3 steps back is my favorite but I think that’s because it samples New Year’s Day.
So yeah, I guess I like less than half the album but she’s a promising artist. 

Yeah I was a bit disappointed at first because nothing really stood out to me the same way the singles did, but i've been listening a few more times and it's already starting to grow on me. overall it's not groundbreaking but it's cute!

I really don’t get why she sampled New Year’s Day by Taylor?

The only thing she “used” is the piano, and the melody is incredibly simple, why couldn’t she just play something similar and call it a day? Now she has to give Taylor a huge part of the royalties of the song even if there’s nothing resembling the song ?

13 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

I really don’t get why she sampled New Year’s Day by Taylor?

The only thing she “used” is the piano, and the melody is incredibly simple, why couldn’t she just play something similar and call it a day? Now she has to give Taylor a huge part of the royalties of the song even if there’s nothing resembling the song ?

On which song please? NYD is one of my ultimate Tay songs but I don't want to go through the trouble of listening to Olivia's full album :toofunny:

ZKcaooE.png

1 minute ago, annedauphine said:

On which song please? NYD is one of my ultimate Tay songs but I don't want to go through the trouble of listening to Olivia's full album :toofunny:

LMAOO I didn’t either ?? I literally went to her Wikipedia page just to check the writing credits 

it’s 1 step forward 3 steps back but trust me you’re gonna be disappointed 

1 minute ago, Charlottexseax said:

LMAOO I didn’t either ?? I literally went to her Wikipedia page just to check the writing credits 

it’s 1 step forward 3 steps back but trust me you’re gonna be disappointed 

Thanks so much! Ok this is actually a good song ngl I'm really enjoying it :defeated:But it doesn't rise up to NYD's toe, who could :makeup:

ZKcaooE.png

11 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

Thanks so much! Ok this is actually a good song ngl I'm really enjoying it :defeated:But it doesn't rise up to NYD's toe, who could :makeup:

i mean I skimmed through the album and it’s definitely decent, the songs are polished a and well produced, but there’s just something so uninspired about her... 

also her voice is incredibly generic and reminds me of a less talented birdy

ugh I miss birdy

37 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

i mean I skimmed through the album and it’s definitely decent, the songs are polished a and well produced, but there’s just something so uninspired about her... 

also her voice is incredibly generic and reminds me of a less talented birdy

ugh I miss birdy

she released an album this year 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

Should I listen to her? Or is she another contrived artist who is basically a rip off of Lorde Billie and Lana?

she is but 1000x worse

'cause someday ill be everything to somebody else' :trisha:

btw, the strings opening of the first track reminds me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much of BTD......... I think Olivia def looks up to Lana a lot.

....god i fucking hate being here sometimes

anyways i listened to the album last night for the first time

i thought it was really good, i liked how some tracks went for a similar vibe but they didn't sound exactly like each other which is something i was worried about going in

also i think it needs to grow on me a little

im really excited for where she goes next

31 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Should I listen to her? Or is she another contrived artist who is basically a rip off of Lorde Billie and Lana?

she’s not a rip off. give her a try without prejudice. she’s a 18 yr girl making cute music, it’s not that deep! and not every young girl who makes slightly sad songs is ripping off lana, billie or lorde. stop with these comparisons, they make no sense 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I'm getting obsessed with driver's licence after literally everyone else but it's so good :oprah: I'm learning how to pass the driver licence myself so this song is actually encouraging me lol

ZKcaooE.png