partymonster

Olivia Rodrigo

1 hour ago, Yes To Heaven said:

Good 4 U is the album highlight followed by Deja Vu, drivers license.

Yep, i def think the 3 singles ar the best songs.

Its a good album. Its a 19 years old girl who talk about 19 year girl problems. Not like Lana imo, def like Taylor Swift

Hd7c-1.gif

3 hours ago, glitch diva said:

Does anyone have the cover without the stickers on her face? I saw it once on twitter, but I can't find it right now

You don’t mean this one by chance?

Spoiler

E2PwPObUYAAHTp1?format=jpg&name=small

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Ok I've been listening to the opening track, brutal, and it's really good

I just wish she had played up more the aspect of the rebellious teenager and less all the cheesy love songs/breakup songs cause it could've been an interesting take on the whole being a teenage star

41 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Ok I've been listening to the opening track, brutal, and it's really good

I just wish she had played up more the aspect of the rebellious teenager and less all the cheesy love songs/breakup songs cause it could've been an interesting take on the whole being a teenage star

Indeed, the ratio of piano ballads to faster songs is too unbalanced. I‘m curious to see, if she‘ll fix that with the next album and what direction she goes anyway (poppier or rockier, both? :dua:)

As for debuts this year so far, I think Madison Beer‘s Life Support is the best one and would deserve the Grammy for it. 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

2 hours ago, lamms said:

Indeed, the ratio of piano ballads to faster songs is too unbalanced. I‘m curious to see, if she‘ll fix that with the next album and what direction she goes anyway (poppier or rockier, both? :dua:)

As for debuts this year so far, I think Madison Beer‘s Life Support is the best one and would deserve the Grammy for it. 

The problem with ex acts is that they almost never are able to detach themselves from their past careers, the only ex act who has actually transformed her image and become something unique is Ariana

Olivia suffers the same fate, she has an extremely bland image and still doesn’t have an artistic soul of her own

A pop rock album would’ve been a really good step towards acquiring a more personal image but she’s still young so who knows what she’ll do in the future

Wait I expected to hate this album but it actually was really good :ohno:

It's basically like putting Halsey, Taylor and early Avril Lavigne together. I just wish she'd drop the cursive singing, but other than that I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

the best of this album were the more "punk/rock" tracks deja vu, brutal and jelousy. i wish she would've leaned on the sound more for the rest of the record, cause the ballads are kind of repetitive? but i still love all tracks and have been listening to it on repeat, she has a lot of potential i can't wait to see where she goes next

also, did you guys even listened to her acoustic unreleased tracks? she had some bops, i hope she releases a deluxe version of the album with some of them

1 hour ago, Still Sane said:

Wait I expected to hate this album but it actually was really good :ohno:

It's basically like putting Halsey, Taylor and early Avril Lavigne together. I just wish she'd drop the cursive singing, but other than that I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it

I think Billie Eilish influenced her whole aesthetic immensely too

On 5/24/2021 at 9:36 AM, Nightmare said:

she’s not a rip off. give her a try without prejudice. she’s a 18 yr girl making cute music, it’s not that deep! and not every young girl who makes slightly sad songs is ripping off lana, billie or lorde. stop with these comparisons, they make no sense 

.....but she does sound like Billie on a good amount of her songs. I’ve seen people literally say the thought traitor was by Billie as soon as they heard it. The comparisons do make complete sense. also for Lorde as well. 

i would’nt be as harsh and say she’s a “ripoff” but she has no distinctive musical identity yet. and it doesn’t even have to be that big or be that different, just something that has a tinge of her own flavor. she wears her influences too much on her sleeves. we’re not at all at a stage where people can hear a song and say “hey, that sounds like an Olivia Rodrigo song”. her voice has no distinction. her songwriting has no distinction. and neither does her sound. and before you do, I really don’t want to hear the “she’s 18 years old” argument again. I’ve seen it too many times. This is me, a 19 year old saying this. 

like dua lipa doesn’t at all come to mind when I think of “different” but hell even her voice is easily recognizable (and yes I know she’s 26 or smth but her voice being that way literally has nothing to do with age). 

people were hooked on drivers license bcus it sounded like Lorde, and you couldn’t go to a single place where people didn’t point out that connection. 

nevertheless, I’m sorta excited to see what the next album will be like. I know it will probably be 10 times better. I remember someone saying all the song on sour sound like lesser version of better songs and...yeah. that doesn’t mean the album isn’t decent, but that comment was accurate. 

Not even a bit I think of Lana, Lorde or Billie while listening to Olivia. Her debut, to me, is the greatest since Avril’s Let Go from 2002. I hear a bit of Avril in Olivia‘s album. But all in all Olivia is very refreshing and still innocent, her sound is pure and raw, the lyrics are sweet and honest. Can’t wait to get more. I wonder if she will drop a second album maybe next year already. I doubt she could play 80-90 minutes live right now when her debut is only 35 minutes long.