10 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

I think it was just supposed to be the Joni Mitchell look

Hide contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBKNGmkA33CLmymgLrwwG

1292_user6_100305-124937.jpg

1238_user10826_110430-081347.jpg
339305c1615dacc176d6a7cb78788857.jpg
3baba87abb9e044a73f3126871e15262.jpg

OMG :rip: I'm so stupid. Still though, it was a terrible tour.

38 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Okay I'm pretty sure this hasn't been discussed...

As we all know, the Norman Fucking Rockwell! Tour was by far the worst tour by LDR ever. Her attitude was lazy, her vocals were a mess, the setlist was boring, she didn't even try to play some Norman tracks (and if she did, it was either acapella or watered down versions of the songs)... The only time she was actually excited and served was at the Hollywood Bowl because, well, that was pretty important for her. Anyway, I'd also like to talk about the outfits...

lana

She either wore a long sleeve dress with boots or tennis shoes or jeans, a jacket and long boots. If I'm not mistaken, she only wore "short" dresses (not as short as the ones she wore during the LA to the Moon Tour) like 3 or 4 times and they were still long sleeve dresses with no sight of her chest. Don't get me wrong though, she served face and hair and she looked like a literal queen at a few shows, but why is this? My boyfriend and I were discussing this and he realized she was dating the cop during this tour, so maybe Sean got a word on her outfits? Maybe he didn't want her to show any skin? Do we know if she traveled with her during this tour? Honestly now I can't take it out of my mind.

Also, it's not that I want her to show skin at all times, but it's also very surprising because she had such short dresses and showed so much chest and arms during the LA to the Moon Tour. Why this sudden change? Norman is a beachy record, why did she look like a goth-medieval-religious? Discuss :hype:

I'm just assuming she was going for the 60's folk look. I do miss her short white dresses though

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think it's because, like us all, Lana's taste and the look she wanted to go for had changed. As the previous comment said, I think she was trying to do 60s-70s folk as well. With the native american, country inspired dresses and boots, she was really in touch with writing Chemtrails I'm sure. But I do hope she goes back to a more 60s general look rather than folk. 

EDIT: also i loved the looks for that tour, but she made some... bold choices. Cowboy boots with a turquoise lined dress,,, ok then.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

41 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

As we all know, the Norman Fucking Rockwell! Tour was by far the worst tour by LDR ever. Her attitude was lazy, her vocals were a mess, the setlist was boring, she didn't even try to play some Norman tracks (and if she did, it was either acapella or watered down versions of the songs)... The only time she was actually excited and served was at the Hollywood Bowl because, well, that was pretty important for her. Anyway, I'd also like to talk about the outfits...

lana

She either wore a long sleeve dress with boots or tennis shoes or jeans, a jacket and long boots. If I'm not mistaken, she only wore "short" dresses (not as short as the ones she wore during the LA to the Moon Tour) like 3 or 4 times and they were still long sleeve dresses with no sight of her chest. Don't get me wrong though, she served face and hair and she looked like a literal queen at a few shows, but why is this? My boyfriend and I were discussing this and he realized she was dating the cop during this tour, so maybe Sean got a word on her outfits? Maybe he didn't want her to show any skin? Do we know if she traveled with her during this tour? Honestly now I can't take it out of my mind.

Also, it's not that I want her to show skin at all times, but it's also very surprising because she had such short dresses and showed so much chest and arms during the LA to the Moon Tour. Why this sudden change? Norman is a beachy record, why did she look like a goth-medieval-religious? Discuss :hype:

i mostly loved the looks on this tour (though agree that it wasn't a great tour in terms of her performances/setlist though i still wish i'd gone  but she did the 1960s/70s lady of the canyon look so well in those zimmermann dresses! i like the leather outfit too tbh. i think the dresses– which are so clearly 60s/70s inspired– reflect the NFR sound/vibe really nicely. also agree that the hollywood bowl show was the only show where she brought her a-game as a performer actually engaged with her material. BTD off the set list in 2022 plz.

aOaIzH2.gif

I think the looks would have been better had she changed the set lists and stuff to fit the look

if she created a new Midwestern themed stage and did more stripped down performances of the songs it would have been better, but who asked for cherry choreo In an ankle length dress and turtle neck :rip: 

I really hope that once the pandemic is over and she can tour again she puts more effort into them, or otherwise just stops touring because i know the show I went to was very fun in the moment but afterwards I was left feeling like it was sort of a  waste of money and incredibly disappointing seeing such a lazy effort and honestly a sort of rude and off putting attitude on stage 

14 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

cause  we're bored asf :twirls:

I think its funny. Especially considering the fact they think she burned a bible.

Wait until they catch on to Madonna and how she danced in front of burning crosses in the Like A Prayer music vid!

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

lana

Interesting.

Outfits 1 and 3 are so boring. 3 literally serving plain jane.

2,4,5 are so cute

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

I’m kind of glad she cancelled the European leg of the NFR tour because I know I would’ve hated it. I saw her in 2017 and was so bored out of my mind it put me off her music, I thought the NFR tour would be her redemption for me in terms of live performance but I guess not. I think I’ll stick to listening to her studio music, her live performances just don’t do it for me :xgiggle:

3 minutes ago, new gods said:

the babydoll dresses she wore during paradise tour were my favorite, everything about that tour was just beautiful. 

God yes. Especially her makeup and stage props

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

40 minutes ago, partymonster said:

I’m kind of glad she cancelled the European leg of the NFR tour because I know I would’ve hated it. I saw her in 2017 and was so bored out of my mind it put me off her music, I thought the NFR tour would be her redemption for me in terms of live performance but I guess not. I think I’ll stick to listening to her studio music, her live performances just don’t do it for me :xgiggle:

I saw her in 2013 and 2016. And I would see her again in the concert that was canceled in Italy. It really isn't a cheap investment just to see her glide across the stage, mumble something and clearly demonstrate that she didn't want to be there. Today I would think a thousand times before buying tickets to any of her concerts. What I saw from the last tour totally discouraged me.

Just now, Anthony said:

I saw her in 2013 and 2016. And I would see her again in the show that was canceled in Italy. It really isn't a cheap investment just to see her glide across the stage, mumble something and clearly demonstrate that she didn't want to be there. Today I would think a thousand times before buying tickets to any of her shows. What I saw from the last tour totally discouraged me.

i definitely would’ve saw her live (and enjoyed it) at the paradise and endless summer tour, i just don’t know what happened after that little festival tour... maybe she just doesn’t enjoy performing anymore, or she knows that her fans will go to her shows no matter what she does so she doesn’t feel the need to put on a show lmao

I think it’s clear she stopped putting effort into her touring after 2016. She was clearly discouraged on her 2016 festival tour so it’s understandable, but if she doesn’t like it she shouldn’t do it.

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

LA to the Moon Tour >>>>>> NFR Tour

Glad I got to see her when she was at least putting in some effort. Not that LA to the Moon was as good as the tours before it, but I still thought she served great vocals for the most part.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

1 hour ago, littleredpartydress said:

I wonder if she gets tired of performing for the same 12 fans in the front row every night :rip: 

I know that group gets shit on a lot on here, but my god I ran into them at my show and what an awful group of people

I don't think she gets tired because whenever she comes off the stage to greet some fans, the majority with whom she interacts are always those same people. So... :oopna2: