Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

How have we managed to get less than a month away from this record but still feel starved? Lol. I’m not talking shit because I feel it too. We are greedyyyyy. But at the same time, it’s like Lana girl u have a whole album coming out soon. Where is the fanfare?? 

wait, she really did post "LMLYLAW out tomorrow" :deadbanana: the anxiety

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Only few hours left until we know da truth. @Eclipse we are waiting. Lemme manifest these great events that can happen before the album drops:

:legend:manifesting:legend:

-February 25th, ig post 'White Dress is out tomorrow in the USA'

-February 26th, White Dress released

-March 1st, White Dress MV premiere

-March 12th, Album Trailer

tumblr_oogju1oS231r0yn0ho1_500.gifv

In my head, I feel like Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are kind of two halves of a whole experience. 

while she said Ultraviolence doesn’t have a specific narrative or through-line, the themes are consistent. It’s an album dripping with depression, heartbreak, drugs, and passion. There are some brighter moments (Brooklyn Baby and West Coast aren’t necessarily dark and broody) but those are just kind of cute songs. As a whole, this album is very dark and moody. It feels like a highlight reel of some of the worst moments in her life: estrangement and breakup with Barrie, abusive relationship in New York, looking back at failed relationships, her bad experiences in the industry, and a dependency on drugs and alcohol throughout. 

So if we take Ultraviolence as descending to her emotional rock bottom, I look at its follow up Honeymoon as her just kind of dwelling in that rock bottom, if that makes sense. I’m not gonna say she starts to look upward, cause tbh she doesn’t until Lust for Life (which is the whole point of that album). But the protagonist of Honeymoon is definitely a woman who is at her lowest. 

If Ultraviolence was a summation of her trauma and her sorrow, Honeymoon is her self-medication in their wake. Honeymoon carries similar themes to UV, but presents them almost in the past tense. She’s no longer singing about losing her baby, she’s singing about how she’s living since she’s lost him. He’s already gone. Now, she’s just fantasizing of a honeymoon she’ll never go on, listening to music and daydreaming while she people watches. She just wants to run away from her problems and get high by the beach. She has a new romantic interest, who she just wants to run away with, but the depression is still hovering over her. Despite the temporary highs she describes (drugs, sex, partying), she still feels like she doesn’t matter to anyone, she’s unlovable, and that she has nothing left to live for. 

so yes that’s my ramble on thematic/narrative connection between Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

5 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

In my head, I feel like Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are kind of two halves of a whole experience. 

while she said Ultraviolence doesn’t have a specific narrative or through-line, the themes are consistent. It’s an album dripping with depression, heartbreak, drugs, and passion. There are some brighter moments (Brooklyn Baby and West Coast aren’t necessarily dark and broody) but those are just kind of cute songs. As a whole, this album is very dark and moody. It feels like a highlight reel of some of the worst moments in her life: estrangement and breakup with Barrie, abusive relationship in New York, looking back at failed relationships, her bad experiences in the industry, and a dependency on drugs and alcohol throughout. 

So if we take Ultraviolence as descending to her emotional rock bottom, I look at its follow up Honeymoon as her just kind of dwelling in that rock bottom, if that makes sense. I’m not gonna say she starts to look upward, cause tbh she doesn’t until Lust for Life (which is the whole point of that album). But the protagonist of Honeymoon is definitely a woman who is at her lowest. 

If Ultraviolence was a summation of her trauma and her sorrow, Honeymoon is her self-medication in their wake. Honeymoon carries similar themes to UV, but presents them almost in the past tense. She’s no longer singing about losing her baby, she’s singing about how she’s living since she’s lost him. He’s already gone. Now, she’s just fantasizing of a honeymoon she’ll never go on, listening to music and daydreaming while she people watches. She just wants to run away from her problems and get high by the beach. She has a new romantic interest, who she just wants to run away with, but the depression is still hovering over her. Despite the temporary highs she describes (drugs, sex, partying), she still feels like she doesn’t matter to anyone, she’s unlovable, and that she has nothing left to live for. 

so yes that’s my ramble on thematic/narrative connection between Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. 

Perfectly stated. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, 5adboy said:

Only few hours left until we know da truth. @Eclipse we are waiting. Lemme manifest these great events that can happen before the album drops:

:legend:manifesting:legend:

-February 25th, ig post 'White Dress is out tomorrow in the USA'

-February 26th, White Dress released

-March 1st, White Dress MV premiere

-March 12th, Album Trailer

tumblr_oogju1oS231r0yn0ho1_500.gifv

I’m confused what are we expecting in a few hours?

I have a strong feeling that Not All Who Wander Are Lost will be one of my faves :wowcry:

Her romanticising Wanderlust sounds like something that I never know I needed but I need it..it's going to be perfect...and a sky-high trill, a guitar & an organ...it's going to be magical :oprah2:

Dark But Just A Game being described as " so Lana "...another career highlight & classic  is upon us:trisha:

And finally Yosemite.. still feels so surreal. Didn't she say that it's very close to nature or something like that...it's going to be so beautiful :krylie:

I'm so hyped for this album...I need it now :lange:

I actually didn’t want to listen to White Dress but if it's out on Friday I'll definitely going to listen...I  changed my mind cause I can't wait any longer & I'm so fucking hyped :monica:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

22 days:kris:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: