Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I personally think y'all are being way, way too presumptuous about this whole creative output thing. Yes, Interscope is a business. Yes, they want all of their artists to have commercial success. But you're acting like she's some sort of label puppet who will have no creative input at all after a lowkey release. She's a legend, her debut record is one of the most successful female albums of all time, and they know she has a loyal fanbase who will pretty much buy anything she puts out which gives her room to just drop albums such as Honeymoon and Chemtrails every once in a while. If they don't see her vision, she puts up a fight for it (Ultraviolence). 

You could be totally right about us being too presumptuous about her sales though. 
One thing is for sure: she certainly is more and more on the path of singer-songwriter. Nobody can expect her to do BIG bestseller sales, I think. 

16 minutes ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

Okay so who was the first Lana stan IG to compile that list of the "premiere times" for White Dress? Y'all gotta stop that. Got thousands of people on IG disappointed.

TInfoiling and imagining on LBs here is perfectly fine, that's what these boards are for! So in no way am I meaning this negative. But don't post something official on IG if you don't know for sure. I definitely didn't stay up till 2am waiting for it.

I do want to note that some IG's did say "allegedly" it was coming out at those times, but there were severals that said it's for sure, and just got a lot IG fans all hyped up.

We can be delulu here all we want but please do not post false information on IG without proof. It was sad to seee how many people fell for it bc I know how they feel rn. PTSD from the 4 times Lana changed her album date.

And those twitter pages too like Lana del rey addiction or whtever that just take things from this forum and post it as fact. Even when it’s been debunked on here they’ll still post it?

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

7 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

well said. It sure affects her creative process and the control she gets over the next album. No way she could have pulled a Honeymoon if UV hadn't been  success. And because LFL was successful, she had all the creative liberty to pull NFR. That being said, though, I don't know they stand now with her. I wouldn't be surprised if she «had» to release a big single, not in the context of an album, just for her to have a success. Don't Call Me Angel is the only reason I don't hate the the song: it gave her some success while not compromising any album with a song out of context. 

i don't think she necessarily needs to have a big record every once in a while just for her label to let her do whatever she wants, in the beginning they definitely tried to get something more mainstream out of her with ultraviolence but they gave up cause lana is a fighter. besides if they wanted her to flourish sales/chart wise maybe they'd actually bother promoting her   :smokeney:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I wish there was an album release without any meltdowns TBH. Didn't happen since Honeymoon. 

LOL, not exactly directed to you, but why does everyone have some kind of Mandela effect on the Honeymoon era? Those few months were full of meltdowns.

First the title track, lots of people hated it.

Everyone was trashing her hair, outfits and body.

Then High by the Beach, 50% loved it, 50% were like "Omg she sold out! A trap song? Not on my watch!"

HBTB MV too, that caused a lot of heated discussion.

Then the incredibly meltdown-inducing artwork that nobody liked.

Music to Watch Boys To was the only moment we stood together.

And finally the album came out and many were in doubt, others were "unstanning" and others loved it.

Just now, PARADIXO said:

LOL, not exactly directed to you, but why does everyone have some kind of Mandela effect on the Honeymoon era? Those few months were full of meltdowns.

Then High by the Beach, 50% loved it, 50% were like "Omg she sold out! A trap song? Not on my watch!"

And finally the album came out and many were in doubt, others were "unstanning" and others loved it.

Most hated it :fabcat:I remember the breakdowns when I suggested it was her most noire piece of work with lush production.

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

It’s the rose tinted glasses 

not to mention how many people absolutely despised that she was “going back to the BTD sound” after UV

UV had the best rollout with the fewest meltdowns as far as I remember, but no matter what she does people aren’t going to be 100% happy 

And everyone is saying the hype is dead but the second she posts a release date for White Dress all will be forgiven and we’ll be at peace again

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

yup, so many people hated HM at the time and idk why everyone keeps forgetting about it

also, the meltdowns when she didnt release MTWBT in June cuz i believe she once said shes gonna release it or sumn :toofunny:

image.png

8 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

people's personal taste causing them to have a meltdown doesn't make it a bad era, it was a good time when we got everything over the span of 2 months instead of many months of silence and pushbacks   :wub:

apart from MTWBT being announced like a year before we heard it

i love you, but you don't understand me.

6 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

UV had the best rollout with the fewest meltdowns as far as I remember, but no matter what she does people aren’t going to be 100% happy 

That's not true either. UV was actually the toughest time to be a Lana stan, up there with the NFR! pre-release.

Homegirl had the worst attitude 24/7, cancelling stuff left and right.

Interviews were disturbing/boring/chaotic/uncomfortable to read.

"May 1st" caused a lot of (unnecessary bc it came out one month later) meltdowns.

I'd dare to say 60% were in doubt/against the new sound.

I remember a lot of people hating Shades of Cool upon release.

Title track to, nobody liked it when it came out.

"I wish I was dead already" interview; lots of fans already "sick" of her calling her pretentious or whatever.

Ultraviolence music video... Hard time to be a stan.

Abandonment of the era.

Everyone started to complain about her lack of glamour, high fashion, no longer having a "beauty queen style", etc.

:deadbanana:

1 hour ago, Contemplating God said:

yes, but Born to Die is one of the longest charting female albums of all time, and LFL/Norman were huge successes. They aren't going to "punish" her for a lowkey release. My god

No but they probably wont consider her a priority anymore. Interscope is a huge label and they have some of the biggest artists on their roster rn. I personally think it's important for her to have a good first week. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Yup the Honeymoon meltdowns were so much worse than Chemtrails. I promise you lol

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Actually the least meltdown-inducing era was Lust for Life. The rollout was seamless and very well-planned (except for the moment nobody knew when the album was actually coming out). Everyone seemed to love the music, the looks, the photoshoots, etc. The only times I remember the era being controversial among stans were:

Tracklist reveal with the multiple featured artists ("I want Lana only!")

Album cover reveal ("Photoshopped, fake smile, etc.")

Adidas outfits.

Later on the era she served vocals, beauty, acclaim, success, relevancy, Grammy nomination and even had her haute couture moment at the Met Gala and other events.