Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

22 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Actually the least meltdown-inducing era was Lust for Life. The rollout was seamless and very well-planned (except for the moment nobody knew when the album was actually coming out). Everyone seemed to love the music, the looks, the photoshoots, etc. The only times I remember the era being controversial among stans were:

Tracklist reveal with the multiple featured artists ("I want Lana only!")

Album cover reveal ("Photoshopped, fake smile, etc.")

Adidas outfits.

Later on the era she served vocals, beauty, acclaim, success, relevancy, Grammy nomination and even had her haute couture moment at the Met Gala and other events.

LFL could have been her best era when it came to absence of meltdowns if Love hadn’t leaked so early plus the BAR leak also. That era would have been a total serve . 
Coachella was a low point of LFL era. And don’t forget Yosemitegate/ Architecturegate (They didn’t make the cut!!!).

not knowing the release date was painful (nothing NFR comparable but it was tough at the time)... only to have an ugly tweet confirm it. 

i feel as though that this entire era holds either a make it or break it moment for the fans. this is always said but i smell a long hiatus after this and most people not being active on here anymore but who knows... we’ve said this before i feel after NFR and here we still are. crazy enough to believe that NFR was actually nominated for album of the year. also, i predict that she’s leaving jack after this album and working with someone closer to home.

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I'm here now! I missed all the craziness of White Dress not being released and it seems like the aftermath of that has settled down, so I'll just say YAY to there only being 21 days left until the whole album is released, and probably a week or two until White Dress!

I could totally see her putting the single out on the 5th or 12th, and then maybe the video during the week of March 15th-19th! Either way, everything is coming soon so "look how [we] got this :oic:" - let's just keep trudging on! <3

OOP hey legend :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I still think NFR! Was the most painful personally. Just because the era started a whole year before the album came out and first it was supposed to come out early 2019 and didn’t until the end of it. However, the wait was greatly worth it. Even tho it’s an album that a lot of stans deem safe and stuff I still think it was really important for her to release it Bc a lot more ppl respected her after

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

1 minute ago, lanabanana11 said:

what is an example of this you speak of

throughout this era she was just living life enjoying touring, throwing that big 34th bday party, vaping, and just chilling which i believe some people thought was her putting on a facade. in total honesty though i believe this was Lana enjoying her life THE most until covid happened.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Lustrouslines said:

i feel as though that this entire era holds either a make it or break it moment for the fans. this is always said but i smell a long hiatus after this and most people not being active on here anymore but who knows... we’ve said this before i feel after NFR and here we still are. crazy enough to believe that NFR was actually nominated for album of the year. also, i predict that she’s leaving jack after this album and working with someone closer to home.

I agree with her leaving Jack for sure. I thought she was gonna do that after nfr. But I feel like her next album is gonna come a lot sooner than later. Like by 2022 we’ll have the first single. That’s just what I think tho. Especially since now she feels like she has something to prove with the whole “I’m going nowhere I already know what I’m doing next” video to the press

this era is not that bad so far tbh, don't get me wrong it's still bad, but we've been through worse. we're just bummed by the absolute silence and the constant messiness gets really annoying after a while

37 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

That's not true either. UV was actually the toughest time to be a Lana stan, up there with the NFR! pre-release.

Homegirl had the worst attitude 24/7, cancelling stuff left and right.

Interviews were disturbing/boring/chaotic/uncomfortable to read.

"May 1st" caused a lot of (unnecessary bc it came out one month later) meltdowns.

I'd dare to say 60% were in doubt/against the new sound.

I remember a lot of people hating Shades of Cool upon release.

Title track to, nobody liked it when it came out.

"I wish I was dead already" interview; lots of fans already "sick" of her calling her pretentious or whatever.

Ultraviolence music video... Hard time to be a stan.

Abandonment of the era.

Everyone started to complain about her lack of glamour, high fashion, no longer having a "beauty queen style", etc.

:deadbanana:

I remember saying to a lot of my friends, post UV: « Yep that album is just so out of this world but girl’s gonna die with a needle in her arm at 40 » 

1 minute ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

I agree with her leaving Jack for sure. I thought she was gonna do that after nfr. But I feel like her next album is gonna come a lot sooner than later. Like by 2022 we’ll have the first single. That’s just what I think tho. Especially since now she feels like she has something to prove with the whole “I’m going nowhere I already know what I’m doing next” video to the press

in retrospect i see what you mean, this woman gives and gives with enough space provided (always a little over a year) to deliver her next album. where is the video where she said she knows what she’s doing next? and i wonder if jack feels embarrassed to be working with her or be affiliated after QFTC and everything that’s happened since...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I remember saying to a lot of my friends, post UV: « Yep that album is just so out of this world but girl’s gonna die with a needle in her arm at 40 » 

It’s so nice now seeing how much better she seems to be doing than before. It shows within the lyrics. Especially in the sense of how doubtful she came across in BTD, UV and then shifted with honeymoon. It makes me proud alll the time like wow she’s made it. 

5 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

i highly doubt she is going on any kind of break..

she’s recorded 2 cover albums, told us in the livestream in November “I’m still recording” and mentioned again in an interview that she’s still recording..

I definitely think she isn’t going to work with Jack for the next album, but she’s definitely not feeling a break. She isn’t going to take a break while her current sound is being left at ‘tbd’

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Lustrouslines said:

in retrospect i see what you mean, this woman gives and gives with enough space provided (always a little over a year) to deliver her next album. where is the video where she said she knows what she’s doing next? and i wonder if jack feels embarrassed to be working with her or be affiliated after QFTC and everything that’s happened since...

I know I’m always curious his thoughts especially since he works with other popular artists. Like I just know him and Taylor Swift deff had a few convos about QFTC. Also the video was on her IG reels where she’s talking about Annie mac

7 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

You’re right. HM was the « make it or break it » era for the hardcore BTD fans; Chemtrails could very be the same for many others. 

36 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Actually the least meltdown-inducing era was Lust for Life. The rollout was seamless and very well-planned (except for the moment nobody knew when the album was actually coming out). Everyone seemed to love the music, the looks, the photoshoots, etc. The only times I remember the era being controversial among stans were:

Tracklist reveal with the multiple featured artists ("I want Lana only!")

Album cover reveal ("Photoshopped, fake smile, etc.")

Adidas outfits.

Later on the era she served vocals, beauty, acclaim, success, relevancy, Grammy nomination and even had her haute couture moment at the Met Gala and other events.

Are you kidding? People who had breakdowns over her delays of the album, the concept change and the cherry video

I think her LFL baddie era was the way her style kinda changed where she was wearing a ton of Adidas, getting matcha with the LA gorls like every influencer does (even going so far to raving about it in interviews), the vaping (which at the time was becoming more 'trendy'), dating G-Eazy etc - but overall I think it was more about the 'energy' she was putting out that was akin to what every LA instagram influencer does.

And of course with NFR we had the 'aftertaste' of her baddie era (question for the culture post and using the word 'bro' a lot), but then slowly becoming more folk-esque.

Now with COCC she's pretty much ditched the whole baddie thing and carrying on with the folk style and perhaps that will intertwine into another style she'll take inspiration from with a new album at some point in the future.

A chameleon soul, indeed. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

We argue about whether or not she's taking a hiatus every era, often times way before the upcoming album is released

She's working on "Behind the Iron Gates" right now. That's not a hiatus

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

I feel like she has enough material ready to fill 5 albums while being on hiatus settling down and having babies... it's not like she'd do promo, anyway

Lanarat.png