Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

15 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

Not musty Justin Bieber releasing his album on March 19th. I don't give a fuck about sales honestly but I love Lana and wanted her to have a fucking number 1. Anyway.

Justin sweety keep it in ur Dropbox no one wants to hear it 3-CBAAE44-17-FC-4-B24-99-DA-8-FBE6-C81-D

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

anyway let's move on to the good stuff: dealer

when are we getting it cause we need miss thing now (even more than any musty old dress eaten by termites) JTm13dZS_o.png

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

nonothing im waiting until release, i kinda get the feeling it sounds like starry eyed, that song is so calming and offensively underrated

it's honestly nothing like starry-eyed, it's a lot more organic & subdued, like mariner's, happiness is a butterfly, a tiny hint of mermaid motel's percussion in the outro, like a cool summer morning with a bright blue sky and bright green grass, but there's a feeling of uncertainty surrounding it... it's a really nice, relaxing, heartfelt song over-all :) 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

7 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

nonothing im waiting until release, i kinda get the feeling it sounds like starry eyed, that song is so calming and offensively underrated

It truly is. Out of all the Lana songs in existence, that one actually makes me cry. It's so precious :xcry:

Edit: wait you haven't listened to anything yet? I'm shook :tommy:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

7 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

I think Lana and Sufjan Stevens would make a great creative couple :eartha2: Imagine Lana singing Sufjan's Run Away With Me... the chills...

They are night zombies (...)! would be a dream on her voice, and would suit her style quite nicely.

31 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i'm just excited to finally watch the chemtrails video with the audio on :trisha:

wha... girl... what...

your willpower :oprah2:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

9 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

Producers I'd love to see Lana collab with:

Greg Gonzalez

Matty Healy

Miles Kane (again and maybe he could bring Alex along this time)

:fabcat:

Matty Healey has only made bops out of samples. Pass

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

23 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

Now, I'd so be here for a Grimes produced album :ma:

in my head this album serves ethereal cosmic angel realness and mysterious canyon witch realness at the same time

I can only dream  :krylie:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

14 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

Producers I'd love to see Lana collab with:

Greg Gonzalez

Matty Healy

Miles Kane (again and maybe he could bring Alex along this time)

I honestly hadn’t considered Matty Healy for a Lana collab, but I’m not necessarily opposed to it. I could see his work with her mirroring some of the more experimental & electronic elements of Lana’s music (such as the Venice Bitch outro or the drone sounds in COCC). 

The horns in Jesus Christ 2005 give me major NFR/COCC vibes, and I could totally see Lana creating a song akin to Be My Mistake. I think my only hesitation would be that Matty’s risk-taking in his production sometimes comes off as a bit erratic. Then again, Lana is known for being stubborn in the production process, so maybe they’d balance well!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

20 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

wha... girl... what...

your willpower :oprah2:

tbh if you haven't heard something you're not really missing it because it hasn't really entered your mind, i think if i heard the snippets i would be dying right now

anyway still lowkey bummed about the 11 tracks but im still manifesting a deluxe :sass:

also on another note i predicted this album would end corona and now clubs are reopening here in June :beyonce:

cant wait to ask the dj to play let me love u like a woman :trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

off topic from what you're talking about :bebe: but i think we can all agree that people have been extremely distraught and unhinged every era since BTD. maybe even before, idk i haven't seen. not one of her albums is the exact same as the last, and naturally this is going to disturb people who liked that sound. lana is an ever changing enigma and that's one of the reasons i love her... she's always somewhere different.

this is probably MY only real concern about cocc – the tracks so far are pretty different from NFR, but i still don't know if i have real faith in jack to give us something different. he very well might, and having a similar sound isn't the end of the world, and i'm still so excited... but chemtrails might be more of a moment after NFR than a moment on its own.

again, not the end of the world. but i appreciate the singularity, the independence of each of her albums. i'm hoping it stands on its own well and i BELIEVE IT WILL :hype:

sUcVobB.png

6 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

off topic from what you're talking about :bebe: but i think we can all agree that people have been extremely distraught and unhinged every era since BTD. maybe even before, idk i haven't seen. not one of her albums is the exact same as the last, and naturally this is going to disturb people who liked that sound. lana is an ever changing enigma and that's one of the reasons i love her... she's always somewhere different.

this is probably MY only real concern about cocc – the tracks so far are pretty different from NFR, but i still don't know if i have real faith in jack to give us something different. he very well might, and having a similar sound isn't the end of the world, and i'm still so excited... but chemtrails might be more of a moment after NFR than a moment on its own.

again, not the end of the world. but i appreciate the singularity, the independence of each of her albums. i'm hoping it stands on its own well and i BELIEVE IT WILL :hype:

While I understand the gripes about Jack's musical style and doing the bare minimum, I do feel like Chemtrails has been pretty distinct from Norman in many ways. I can't imagine LMLYLAW or Chemtrails on NFR at all, and think NFR/Chemtrails may be in the same universe but have different personalities. Not sure if this is what you're talking about though

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

While I understand the gripes about Jack's musical style and doing the bare minimum, I do feel like Chemtrails has been pretty distinct from Norman in many ways. I can't imagine LMLYLAW or Chemtrails on NFR at all, and think NFR/Chemtrails may be in the same universe but have different personalities. Not sure if this is what you're talking about though

i can't imagine lmlylaw or chemtrails on NFR either! i do HOPE and pretty much believe that they'll be distinct from each other and you couldn't just shove all the songs in a hat and pull half out and call it an album and have it make sense. i think my concern is just that COCC will end up blending into NFR too much, and not be distinct on its own, because i've just appreciated the strange twists and fun, different choices she's made between each of her albums before.

but honestly if we don't get that, i'm absolutely fine with it, like couldn't be more okay. it's just something that's made me love her albums in the past and really separates them into individual masterpieces for me. 

and i do kind of believe that we WILL get it, and they'll be relatives, but not too close like incestuous ones.

sUcVobB.png

her next album needs to be produced by whichever twitter stan "leaked" that the lyrics of second part of Love Song were going to be "In your cock, in your cock, in your cockpit I'm your baby"

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

i can't imagine lmlylaw or chemtrails on NFR either! i do HOPE and pretty much believe that they'll be distinct from each other and you couldn't just shove all the songs in a hat and pull half out and call it an album and have it make sense. i think my concern is just that COCC will end up blending into NFR too much, and not be distinct on its own, because i've just appreciated the strange twists and unexpected choices she's made between each of her albums before.

but honestly if we don't get that, i'm absolutely fine with it, like couldn't be more okay. it's just something that's made me love her albums in the past and really separates them into individual masterpieces for me. 

oh yes absolutely agreed

i think the albums prior to Norman were so distinct because she took such a huge leap between each album, while Norman/Chemtrails is just a few steps from each other

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.