21 hours ago, honeybadger said:

from eclipse's dirty mouth:

1. white dress

2. dark but just a game

3. tulsa jesus freak

4-9. undetermined

10. breaking up slowly

11. yosemite

i will be quoting this when the album comes out and officially declare he was just distracting from his chaos (also this is in no particular order... just documentation)

also yes i pasted this back here after deleting it i make no good decision and my anxious brain is doubtful so :diva:

Guys remember it's just his opinions. There's no way Yosemite is going to be the least favourite track from the album... It will serve trust me guys:oprah3:

Also I don't quite understand why even contemplate Eclipse's opinions about the album at all? He is just another fan who has his own opinions. 

8 minutes ago, Teemu said:

Guys remember it's just his opinions. There's no way Yosemite is going to be the least favourite track from the album... It will serve trust me guys:oprah3:

Also I don't quite understand why even contemplate Eclipse's opinions about the album at all? He is just another fan who has his own opinions. 

i don't disagree, i personally really don't care what eclipse has to say or think as i value what i think about it more than what he thinks about it.... i just put this here in the wake of the cocc thread getting locked because of drama and i was feeling chaotic :bebe: 

it's always fun to compare opinions and to keep a level of respect for the other person's opinion but a) we're on an online forum and are joking 95% of the time so respect isn't always there and b) it was just particularly fun to poke fun at this opinion because the album hasn't even been released yet and none of us have any real opinions about it other than the two singles so far.

but i stand by my rogue wild not fully thought through ranking i put here previously, wild at heart will be top tier imo as will the entire album, her magnum opus if you will

sUcVobB.png

Really excited to compare this to my actual ranking when the album comes out, but here's my prediction based on the few scraps of information we have - 

1. Dark But Just a Game
  2. White Dress
  3. Not All Who Wander Are Lost
  4. Tulsa Jesus Freak
  5. Breaking Up Slowly
  6. Yosemite
  7. Dance 'Til We Die
  8. Wild at Heart
  9. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
  10. Let Me Love You Like a Woman
  11. For Free

Also, I've found it a reoccurring theme that the singles Lana puts out before an album tend to end up being my lesser favourites of the album. (Mariners,  Fuck it I Love You, Love, Lust for Life, Coachella, High by the Beach, Terrence Loves You, Music to Watch Boys to, Ultraviolence.. all songs that ended up in the latter end of my track rankings despite being singles released before the album.) So the two singles she released from COTCC aren't at the bottom of my list because I don't like them, but because I think I'll just end up liking the other songs better - this being based on my experiences with past albums x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

This was a lot harder than I thought it would be!

1. Tulsa Jesus Freak

This because it was the og title track at one point and reviewed positively by Lana and that snippet is amazing

2. White Dress

I think the Lizzy reference and looking super inward is going to be defining

3. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

4. Wild at Heart

Chemtrails is definitely top tier track and WAH exploring the same theme makes me think the soundscape will be similar also. And I like the inward looking of ‘I’m not bored or unhappy’

5. Breaking Up Slowly

I’ve been waiting for this since she premiered it! The melody is super cute and catchy and the message hits a little to close to home

6. Yosemite

With LFL being my favorite album, any LFL track is more than welcomed! I was super disappointed when this ended up not on the tracklist

7. Dark But Just a Game

Excited for this one, with the title and description it could really go two ways. I will say I hope Jack’s quote isn’t a lyric (Falling down the rabbit hole while smiling (or however it went)) I find Alice In Wonderland references slightly overdone. 

8. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

I already love that quote and meaning behind it, so I’m also really exited about this one. I can see more Bible imagery being referenced here (I once was lost but now am found)

9. Dance 'Til We Die

While I like the positivity and meaning behind it I’m not super into when she gets super aware (And now I’m singing with Sean, I've been covering Joni and dancing with Joan) it makes it a little harder to relate to (if that makes sense)

Really cute album track, but so far if just seems the least appealing to me. Not to say I don’t like it but I’m the context of the album 

11. For Free

I’m not not excited for this one, it’s just one that will be a cute skip after my first inial rush of ‘new album!!’ runs off

"Don’t forget me"

39 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i don't disagree, i personally really don't care what eclipse has to say or think as i value what i think about it more than what he thinks about it.... i just put this here in the wake of the cocc thread getting locked because of drama and i was feeling chaotic :bebe: 

it's always fun to compare opinions and to keep a level of respect for the other person's opinion but a) we're on an online forum and are joking 95% of the time so respect isn't always there and b) it was just particularly fun to poke fun at this opinion because the album hasn't even been released yet and none of us have any real opinions about it other than the two singles so far.

but i stand by my rogue wild not fully thought through ranking i put here previously, wild at heart will be top tier imo as will the entire album, her magnum opus if you will

Can’t wait for Wild at Heart!!

NFR is going to be really hard to beat for me, there’s so many amazing songs in that album one after another it gets better: NFR, MAC, VB, FIILY, Love Song, Cinnamon Girl, California, TNBAR, The Greatest....

BUT I must say I am beyond enchanted by Chemtrails and if the rest of the songs are going to be as good as it is... Girl then I agree it’ll be her magnum opus!

I have a feeling the album will become my favourite but at the same time my mind is playing tricks and I sometimes wander away from my intuition. Yeah, there’s some fear on my mind but as long as I don’t expect anything too much from the album or as long as I don’t focus on how I would like the album to be like, then I think I will enjoy it the most, I will enjoy it for what it is. And I feel like we’re in for a ride.

52 minutes ago, Elle said:

Really excited to compare this to my actual ranking when the album comes out, but here's my prediction based on the few scraps of information we have - 

1. Dark But Just a Game
  2. White Dress
  4. Tulsa Jesus Freak
  5. Breaking Up Slowly
  6. Yosemite
  7. Dance 'Til We Die
  8. Wild at Heart
  9. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
  11. For Free

Also, I've found it a reoccurring theme that the singles Lana puts out before an album tend to end up being my lesser favourites of the album. (Mariners,  Fuck it I Love You, Love, Lust for Life, Coachella, High by the Beach, Terrence Loves You, Music to Watch Boys to, Ultraviolence.. all songs that ended up in the latter end of my track rankings despite being singles released before the album.) So the two singles she released from COTCC aren't at the bottom of my list because I don't like them, but because I think I'll just end up liking the other songs better - this being based on my experiences with past albums x

I agree, and actually Lana has no bad songs haha.
She has amazing gems in the middle of the albums that are not singles. First time listening to LFL and when Heroin started playing it really blew me away.

7 minutes ago, Teemu said:

I agree, and actually Lana has no bad songs haha.
She has amazing gems in the middle of the albums that are not singles. First time listening to LFL and when Heroin started playing it really blew me away.

Exactly, the deeper cuts from her albums always tend to be my favourites - Sad Girl, Million Dollar Man, God Knows I Tried, etc. - which again is why even though I really enjoy the already-released COTCC singles and sing them all day long, I think I’ll end up liking the other songs even more x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

Exactly, the deeper cuts from her albums always tend to be my favourites - Sad Girl, Million Dollar Man, Gods Knows I Tried, etc. - which again is why, even though I really enjoy the already-released COTCC singles and sing them all day long, I think I’ll end up liking the other songs even more x

Seriously this could’ve literally been my post. No joke.. I LOVE Sad Girl, Million Dollar Man and God Knows I tried. Been singing those for ages. They all hit me differently cause they are so damn relatable.

Been playing Chemtrails as well, almost too much but there’s just something so magical specifically the bridge: Washing my hair, doing the laundry, late night TV, I want you on me like when we were kids under Chemtrails and Country Clubs... the instrumentals... :heart:

1 white dress: i relate to alot of her songs that have those new york or florida vibes, and i feel white dress will have that same kinda vibe on top of being a possibly really emotional somg based on what was said about her vocals

2 tulsa jesus freak: sounds like literal sex. Its going to be the venice bitch of the album i feel, even if its not 10 minutes long.

3 dark but just a game: for some reason reminds me of black beauty and that song really resonates with me so i feel like it will be another “out of the black into the blue” type vibe

4 breaking up slowly: for some reason ive been super excited for breaking up slowly since ive heard  the snippet from the performance. It was a sound that i was not used to hearing from lana and it gave me very much sad girl autumn vibes

5 yosemite: probably shoulda been higher on the list but im excited to see her get in touch with nature

6 chemtrails: this song is just super cute to me, the music videos killer, and im a cancer sun so i relate heavy

7 wild at heart: im excited to see her expand on her meaning of “wild” throughout the album, as it seems to be a common theme

8 let me love you like a woman: regardless of what most of yall say this is a sweet song and deserves respect period

9 not all who wander are lost: probably another one that shoulda been higher but i feel like this omes gonna be a story kinda like how to dissapear

10 for free: ive actually been listening to jonis version and its beautiful, i just wish it was just lana singing it

11 dance til we die: this is the only one i dont have a clue what to expect so her she goes

just for funsies

1. Dark But Just A Game

2. White Dress

3. Wild At Heart

4. Tulsa Jesus Freak

5. Yosemite

6. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

7. Dance Till We Die

8. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

9. For Free

10. Breaking Up Slowly

11. Let Me Love You Like A Woman

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

redoing mine more in depth

1. Dark but just a game 

idk the title is the most intriguing and I heard someone say its the most "lana" song her and jack made but idk where that came from

2. White Dress

everything I have heard points to it being a super sad raw emotional song and whenever she does songs that are super emotional they are always good. also it allegedly references her past which is going to be interesting for sure.

3. Tulsa Jesus Freak

I think this will be the cinnamon girl of the album. Rly ethereal and slightly more upbeat. It was the OG title track so it has to be decent also the lyrics "white hot forever" sound sexy af

4. wild at heart

lana always explores the word wild so I feel like this song will be very "lana" which is good

5. Dance til we die

everyone is saying this will be bad but I feel like the title just makes it sound serveful idk

6. chemtrails over the country club

a rly solid song for her that is in the better Half of her discography for sure

7. not all who wander are lost

idk

8. Yosemite

she said this song was more acoustic and was recorded in one take and I tend to like those songs less but who knows

9. breaking up slowly

it looks rly short :/

10. for free

I like the OG song and I like how lana performs it, I just doubt ill Love it a lot bc its a cover and there are other ppl on the song that dont need to be ther

11. LMLYLAW 

-_-

On 2/23/2021 at 8:31 PM, Roll With me said:

1. White Dress

2. Dark But Just A Game

4. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

5. Yosemite

6. Tulsa Jesus Freak

7. For Free (i know it's a cover but I really liked the live performances)

8. Let Me Love You Like A Woman

9. Wild At Heart

10. Dance Till We Die

11. Breaking Up Slowly

Spoiler

Well, DTWD and BUS are certainly two of the lowest, but I don't know about the rest of the album, I think Yosemite, White Dress and NAWWAL and For Free might be lower, TJF higher...

On 3/4/2021 at 2:09 AM, Atlantis said:

1. White Dress

2. Tulsa Jesus Freak

3. Yosemite

4. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

5. Dark But Just A Game

6. Chemtrails

7. dance til we die

8. wild at heart

9. for free

10. lmlylaw

11. The Nikki lane one 

Spoiler

My actual ranking for now seems to be:

1. White Dress

2. Tulsa

3. Yosemite

4. chemtrails

5. dance til we die

6. not all who wander are lost

7. dark but just a game

8. for free

9. bus

10. wild at heart

11. let me love you like a woman 

The first 3 are godly, it’s kinda hard to put 4-7 in an order cause I like them all for different reasons

for free was a nice surprise, I thought it would have been a more basic cover but I liked the little details they added

bus: well I don’t really love nikki lane’s voice

wild at heart: it’s good but I just hate that the chorus has the same exact instrumental as htd, I just don’t understand it it’s so boring (but her vocals are great, also in dance til we die which gave me shivers)

let me love you like a woman just remains dull compared to the others

overall I love her high voice’s return, it’s present in so many songs especially in white dress which is amazing

1. White Dress

2. Chemtrails

3. Wild

4. Yosemite

5. Dark 

6. Tulsa

7. Breaking Up

8. For Free

9. Dance Till We Die

11. Not All Who Wander

11. Woman

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

On 3/3/2021 at 7:44 PM, VeniceBiatch said:

1. White Dress (from insider descriptions it sounds like magnum opus material)

2. Tulsa Jesus Freak (love the snippet, reminds me of Cinnamon Girl)

3. Dark But Just A Game (gut feeling)

4. Yosemite (i want this to be a classic so bad... please be worth the wait)

5. Chemtrails Over The Country Club (a grower IMO, but not the best we have to offer)

6. Dance Till We Die (solid track, don't think it'll be anyone's fav but it isn't bad by any stretch)

7. Wild at Heart (country is not my fav but i'm casually optimistic)

8. NARWHAL (idk sounds mid tier to me - probably some cringe lyrics)

9. Breaking Up Slowly (the snippet is cute... cute next to gorgeous)

10. For Free (i don't like the original oops)

11. LMLYLAW (...)

Spoiler

i was so spot on, the only rankings i'd shift is moving DBJAG above TJF and DTWD over COCC

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

1. Tulsa Jesus Freak
  2. White Dress
  3. Yosemite
  4. Dark but Just a Game
  5. Chemtrails over the Country Club
  6. Wild at Heart
  7. Let Me Love You Like a Woman
  8. Breaking Up Slowly
  9. Dance Till We Die
  10. Not All Who Wander Are Lust
  11. For Free

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 2/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, Anthony said:

1. Tulsa Jesus Freak

2. Dark But Just A Game

3. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

4. Wild At Heart

5. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

6. For Free

7. Dance Till We Die

8. White Dress

9. Yosemite

10. Let Me Love You Like A Woman

11. Breaking Up Slowly

It will be interesting to return to this rating after hearing the entire album for the first time. :)

Spoiler

Interestingly, without much change for me.

1. Tulsa Jesus Freak

2. Dark But Just A Game

3. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

4. Wild At Heart

5. White Dress

6. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

7. For Free

8. Let Me Love You Like A Woman

9. Yosemite 

10. Dance Till We Die

11. Breaking Up Slowly