mezzanine

La Femme

La Femme (Wikipedia)

La Femme is a French psych-punk rock band[1] established by guitarist Sacha Got and keyboard player Marlon Magnée in Biarritz. Many members joined in later including bass player Sam Lefevre, drummer Noé Delmas and Lucas Nunez from Paris. The group was named La Femme in 2010. The band approached Clémence Quélennec on Myspace. Other members include Clara Luciani, Jane Peynot and Marilou Chollet.

The band's music is described as synthetic and hypnotic influenced by Velvet Underground, Kraftwerk and mix of coldwave, punk and yéyé.

La Femme released their first EP in 2010 followed by their EP Le podium #1 in 2011 produced during festival des Inrocks. A third EP La Femme was released in February 2013. The debut album Psycho Tropical Berlin was released on 8 April 2013.[2] La Femme earned the French award Victoires de la Musique in the category "Album revelation" in February 2014.[3]

Albums

Psycho Tropical Berlin (2013)

Mystère (2016)
Paradigmes (2021) [to be released]

On 4/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, TrashMagiq said:

the incest admiring... country album’s coming i fear

I really like their sound! Their first record was such a coherent joyride. Mystère was nice aswell, particularly "Ou vas le monde?" and "Mycose" are beautiful. 

Not too sure how I feel about the singles they released since then, some of them are quite nice, others seem a bit ... basic

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Omg yes, I love them so much. Can't wait for their new album :flutter:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

17 hours ago, Electric Body said:

I really like their sound! Their first record was such a coherent joyride. Mystère was nice aswell, particularly "Ou vas le monde?" and "Mycose" are beautiful. 

Not too sure how I feel about the singles they released since then, some of them are quite nice, others seem a bit ... basic

I feel you, the songs that I like from them I really like them, but the ones that don't catch my attention... I really pass over. I recommend you Couteau, I believe that it isn't in the physical versions of Mystère, maybe you know it already anyway. 

Their weakness, for me, are the videos, I think that it's in purpose but I've never been a huge fan of this digital-rawness-fake-documentary wave that I've seen in other french artists, but I guess that it makes them even more "authentic" if it's really a thing and that it's just not my vibe. On the other hand, the Paradigmes cover and the theme of these 2 latest videos really catch my attention, if they present the entire album as a cabaret, I think that it's gonna be a great twist of the limited resources we all have during this pandemic. Disconnection is strange, but it really gets me with the banjo, etc., I'm excited to listen to the whole LP :)

27 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I feel you, the songs that I like from them I really like them, but the ones that don't catch my attention... I really pass over. I recommend you Couteau, I believe that it isn't in the physical versions of Mystère, maybe you know it already anyway. 

Their weakness, for me, are the videos, I think that it's in purpose but I've never been a huge fan of this digital-rawness-fake-documentary wave that I've seen in other french artists, but I guess that it makes them even more "authentic" if it's really a thing and that it's just not my vibe. On the other hand, the Paradigmes cover and the theme of these 2 latest videos really catch my attention, if they present the entire album as a cabaret, I think that it's gonna be a great twist of the limited resources we all have during this pandemic. Disconnection is strange, but it really gets me with the banjo, etc., I'm excited to listen to the whole LP :)

Not really sure what you mean with that if I'm very honest. Paradigme, Disconnexion and Cool Colorado are all pretty trippy and artsy. A bit stale, since they are all more or less the same but I thought they were a really good continuation of their previous visuals Hypsoline, Always in the sun or Elle Ne T'aime Pas. My favourite videos are probably Sphynx and Mycose though.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

5 hours ago, Electric Body said:

Not really sure what you mean with that if I'm very honest. Paradigme, Disconnexion and Cool Colorado are all pretty trippy and artsy. A bit stale, since they are all more or less the same but I thought they were a really good continuation of their previous visuals Hypsoline, Always in the sun or Elle Ne T'aime Pas. My favourite videos are probably Sphynx and Mycose though.

I meant it for the previous videos, like the S.S.D. one, etc.