princessdollie

Ethel Cain

16 hours ago, bigspender said:

wow these were AMAZING. she’s so talented and promising. i heard people are getting their CDs and cassettes finally, i’m so happy to have gotten them giving they were such a limited run. 

I never got the CDs but i dont really care for cds anyway. I honestly think i might make a bootleg vinyl for Inbred, especially bc hayden said in the livestream that she doesnt care about bootlegs and she would gladly sign bootleg merch

19 hours ago, bigspender said:

omg i was there too, i’ve already made my bootleg copies of the cd ?

LOL i’ve been talking with my friends on making an inbred vinyl, i would love for it to be colored/clear tho so id need to find out how to do that

really excited for her debut!

to update this thread just a little with things i can remember off the top of my head:

-The longest song is around 20 minutes and is shoegaze 

-The shortest is around 5 minutes

-The only feature is Nicole Dollanganger

-The album will be finished in January and will have a summer release date

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, bigspender said:

really excited for her debut!

to update this thread just a little with things i can remember off the top of my head:

-The longest song is around 20 minutes and is shoegaze 

-The shortest is around 5 minutes

-The only feature is Nicole Dollanganger

-The album will be finished in January and will have a summer release date

I can hardly wait! A youtuber compares her to Lana:

Ive been shocked seeing how many people I follow have crush on their Spotify wrapped it makes me so happy :krylie: such an incredible song but ive always been confused if she's singing about a school shooter type? or like Christian Slater Heathers type? anyways CAMO JACKET ROBBING CORNER STORES :wowcry: HARD ODDS TO BEAT WHEN ON ALL FOURS :beyonce:GOOD MEN DIE TOO SO ID RATHER BE WIT UUUUU UUUUU UUUUUUUUU :whine:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

2 hours ago, pin up galore said:

Ive been shocked seeing how many people I follow have crush on their Spotify wrapped it makes me so happy :krylie: such an incredible song but ive always been confused if she's singing about a school shooter type? or like Christian Slater Heathers type? anyways CAMO JACKET ROBBING CORNER STORES :wowcry: HARD ODDS TO BEAT WHEN ON ALL FOURS :beyonce:GOOD MEN DIE TOO SO ID RATHER BE WIT UUUUU UUUUU UUUUUUUUU :whine:

i think she said in an interview it’s about this 22 year old she dated when she was 17 

giphy.gif

Got into her earlier this year cause I saw several people compare her to Lana, and tbh, I don’t think people would constantly be comparing her to Lana if it wasn’t for her voice. She got that sultry 2012 Lana-esque voice (which I love), but music wise I don’t think they’re that similar? Sure there are some influences but I was fully expecting to hear a Lana rip-off when I first listened to her, and that wasn’t the case. Must be annoying to get those constant comparisons, & the bigger she’ll get the more it’ll probs happen.

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

Got into her earlier this year cause I saw several people compare her to Lana, and tbh, I don’t think people would constantly be comparing her to Lana if it wasn’t for her voice. She got that sultry 2012 Lana-esque voice (which I love), but music wise I don’t think they’re that similar? Sure there are some influences but I was fully expecting to hear a Lana rip-off when I first listened to her, and that wasn’t the case. Must be annoying to get those constant comparisons, & the bigger she’ll get the more it’ll probs happen.

she once said in her discord that it’s somewhat of an honor to be compared to her, i can’t remember exactly what she said so i’m not gonna put words in her mouth lol but i would imagine that the constant comparisons rather than being seen as her own artist would be very frustrating. 

honestly her music is far more influenced and similar to that of nicole dollanganger’s. but i know she’s switching up her style for her upcoming 2022 debut album

On 1/4/2022 at 10:44 PM, bigspender said:

https://depop.app.link/6R5gEU0qymb

bootleg cds for sale

————-

also, i’m working on making a big master post soon for all of those who want it :-)

im always annoyed that she didn't use this cover for the digital versions. it's flawless

-also when is her debut, im a little confused cus i always considered golden age and inbred as ep's

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

im always annoyed that she didn't use this cover for the digital versions. it's flawless

-also when is her debut, im a little confused cus i always considered golden age and inbred as ep's

they are EPs! the debut is coming with 13 tracks on the standard in the second quarter of this year, and the deluxe with 17 tracks will be coming a few months after this probably 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, bigspender said:

they are EPs! the debut is coming with 13 tracks on the standard in the second quarter of this year, and the deluxe with 17 tracks will be coming a few months after this probably 

oh i thought so, i hope she doesn't include half of the songs on the EPs onto the album though, i hate it when artists do that

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

31 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

oh i thought so, i hope she doesn't include half of the songs on the EPs onto the album though, i hate it when artists do that

nooo they’re completely separate works. she’s recording her debut with matthew tomasi (nicole dollanganger’s boyfriend) who produced nicole’s natural born losers and co-produced heart shaped bed so we’re in for some amazing new music 

giphy.gif

This is all very exciting! I wonder if any of the tracks on the record will be official versions of the many demos she has out. So many are so good, so I wouldn't mind it tbh. 

i don’t think the album has any of the demos she has out (don’t quote me on that tho), but she’s shared some album snippets on an instagram live before

okay so i’ve *mostly* organized almost all of her unreleased into my itunes library. i still am not quite sure about the years of certain tracks and i have to check in with the die hard ethel stans to organize it properly, and i’m missing a couple songs that weren’t available—but when i’m completely finished with it, i’ll be sharing the link here! x :kiss3: