princessdollie

Ethel Cain

2 minutes ago, sheepie said:

I've never tried apple music but I've heard that it pays the artists more fairly than Spotify does

it does but it’s still fractions of a cent per stream

i would still recommend it over spotify though because there’s more features and it’s just a better experience

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

*joins the conversation*

ever since I heard michelle pfeiffer in feb last year I was intrigued, but when I heard crush in april I became OBSESSED. crush was my most streamed non-LDR song of 2021 so it's safe to say I am so excited for may 12th. this has got to be my most anticipated (announced) album of 2022. her voice and the feeling behind her lyrics are like none other. I know she has been met with lana comparisons, but she seems okay with them because she knows she's in her own southern baptist gothic lane. however, yes both of their catalogues are very haunting and evocative of america. 

and the fact that she wants to make a trilogy of albums and then a trio of accompanying movies?? I love her ambition and it's clear to me that she's one of those artists that I won't hear a bad released song from because her passion is in it. so glad to have discovered her, from a friend actually.

+her cover of britney's everytime is beautiful. 

17 hours ago, the ocean said:

it does but it’s still fractions of a cent per stream

i would still recommend it over spotify though because there’s more features and it’s just a better experience

More features ? And umm does apple personalized the music it recommends based on your music taste ? And is the lossless audio files is it able to be played as well if the device i'm using ( a speaker ) is not from apple

11 hours ago, colacoven said:

*joins the conversation*

ever since I heard michelle pfeiffer in feb last year I was intrigued, but when I heard crush in april I became OBSESSED. crush was my most streamed non-LDR song of 2021 so it's safe to say I am so excited for may 12th. this has got to be my most anticipated (announced) album of 2022. her voice and the feeling behind her lyrics are like none other. I know she has been met with lana comparisons, but she seems okay with them because she knows she's in her own southern baptist gothic lane. however, yes both of their catalogues are very haunting and evocative of america. 

and the fact that she wants to make a trilogy of albums and then a trio of accompanying movies?? I love her ambition and it's clear to me that she's one of those artists that I won't hear a bad released song from because her passion is in it. so glad to have discovered her, from a friend actually.

+her cover of britney's everytime is beautiful. 

don’t forget about the novel she said she’ll be writing too :godlaugh:

giphy.gif

omgggg a friend of mine showed me Ethel last october and told me it reminded her a lot of lana and now i see her on here 

ill definitely check her out again tho she sounded amazing 

On 3/30/2022 at 11:42 PM, viktoria said:

WAIT REALLY 

holy shit wow

I've tuned in to a couple of her IG lives once I realized that she even had an instagram, as elusive as I thought she was and still is tbh. and she mentioned the films and how that's actually what she wanted to go to school for and what she wanted to pursue. but, now she's telling the story through the music first and I'm sure someone will see her vision and let her branch out and make a movie. especially since I'm pretty sure the critics are loving her right now. (my question is... will the albums become the film's soundtrack or are they meant to be a separate experience? :makeup:)

but here is her talking about the trilogy on her tumblr account:

OOYFodGl.png

quite a few updates happened last night. 

-If she wins a grammy, she’ll officially release Saddle Up

-Her tour booking agents are prioritizing the south for obvious reasons (something lana will never do)

-The b-sides to Preacher’s Daughter will be a completely separate EP and have a different cover, but will be packaged as bonus tracks for the physical release 

-Her least favorite food is beef stroganoff 

-Family Tree (Intro), August Underground, and Televangelism are all instrumentals with guitar, piano, scary sounds, and lap steel 

-Only 3 songs are under 4 minutes

-The album should be listened to in order and that’s the only way it will make sense, but it’ll all make more sense when the book comes out. 

-She’ll be doing a live stream on instagram for the Strangers release on April 7th. Here’s the artwork and presave link:

D97-AA58-D-0618-44-F1-A82-E-1-FC72-BAFF5

PRE SAVE HERE

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, bigspender said:

TASTE

6 minutes ago, bigspender said:

-Family Tree (Intro), August Underground, and Televangelism are all instrumentals with guitar, piano, scary sounds, and lap steel 

YES BITCH

ALSO i forgot to mention:

Ethel Cain is DEAD. Preacher’s Daughter is the LAST album of the trilogy, and she’s starting from the end. 

Hayden’s annotation on the last track, Strangers is about a stockholm-syndrome stricken kidnappee who falls in love with the wrong person 

giphy.gif

Just now, bigspender said:

ALSO i forgot to mention:

Ethel Cain is DEAD. Preacher’s Daughter is the LAST album of the trilogy, and she’s starting from the end. 

Hayden’s annotation on the last track, Strangers is about a stockholm-syndrome stricken kidnappee who falls in love with the wrong person 

OAMSADAJFNIAOSHDAISD OM GGGHJIOUAS

so after the trilogy is over that means that we're getting a different stage name?

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

OAMSADAJFNIAOSHDAISD OM GGGHJIOUAS

so after the trilogy is over that means that we're getting a different stage name?

she said she might release music under hayden but could also keep ethel cain as her personal trademark but she doesn’t know yet. 

also i’m assuming this trilogy and story is going to take YEARS to make (she said 10 years but let’s hope it won’t be that long) 

3 albums, a novel, and a movie….. we’re winning

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, bigspender said:

quite a few updates happened last night. 

-If she wins a grammy, she’ll officially release Saddle Up

-Her tour booking agents are prioritizing the south for obvious reasons (something lana will never do)

-The b-sides to Preacher’s Daughter will be a completely separate EP and have a different cover, but will be packaged as bonus tracks for the physical release 

-Only 3 songs are under 4 minutes

-The album should be listened to in order and that’s the only way it will make sense, but it’ll all make more sense when the book comes out. 

-She’ll be doing a live stream on instagram for the Strangers release on April 7th. Here’s the artwork and presave link:

D97-AA58-D-0618-44-F1-A82-E-1-FC72-BAFF5

PRE SAVE HERE

You're doing the Lord's work

Edit: I forgot to add that there's banjo on the album

giphy.gif