princessdollie

Ethel Cain

4 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

okay so she went missing since that interview, is her debut album the story of where she went and what happened to her then?

i believe that preachers daughter is kind of like what happened specifically to ethel cain, and that the next album will be about EC’s mother and then the last album i honestly have no clue abt bc she hasn’t said anything specifically. i am hoping though that the second album will come out in 2023 

giphy.gif

@bigspender @avenue could one of you please re-upload Range Rover (Demo 2) on the spreadsheet? every time i download it it wont let me add it to itunes or do anything with the file anywhere, im not sure if its just a me problem but if it is could you link me to another place where i could download that song :heart:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

23 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

okay so she went missing since that interview, is her debut album the story of where she went and what happened to her then?

i guess? but we already know she dies being eaten lol 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

theory: so basically the era began with a video of ethel being stalked from her window so this is my current idea of the storyline so far. most of this theory is set up from the albums title which is preachers daughter & the teeth mag article (linked above)  . the story begins with an innocent girl who’s seen as a perfect example of purity within the town. a “gibson girl” so to speak. before the song gibson girl came out we had a fake article with the title preachers daughter gone wild. this idea of loss of innocence leading to demise which is a central storyline in the album i believe. 

if you read the text above it tells the story of a preachers daughter who got involved in prostitution a symbol of feminine innocence lost. if gibson girl comes near the middle yet towards the end of the track list and as you have theorized above then ethel is dead on strangers then preachers daughter is the story of this characters life from innocence to to innocence lost to torture to death. that’s my story and im sticking to it 

1 hour ago, princessdollie said:

theory: so basically the era began with a video of ethel being stalked from her window so this is my current idea of the storyline so far. most of this theory is set up from the albums title which is preachers daughter & the teeth mag article (linked above)  . the story begins with an innocent girl who’s seen as a perfect example of purity within the town. a “gibson girl” so to speak. before the song gibson girl came out we had a fake article with the title preachers daughter gone wild. this idea of loss of innocence leading to demise which is a central storyline in the album i believe. 

if you read the text above it tells the story of a preachers daughter who got involved in prostitution a symbol of feminine innocence lost. if gibson girl comes near the middle yet towards the end of the track list and as you have theorized above then ethel is dead on strangers then preachers daughter is the story of this characters life from innocence to to innocence lost to torture to death. that’s my story and im sticking to it 

i can SO see this. we know that isaiah from the note is the one that kidnapped her, and we also found the gibson girl release date in the newspaper article so we rlly need to be on WATCH with her 

giphy.gif

It sounds so GOOD. Damn this album is really gonna be that girl. 

strangers has been like crack for me ever since it came out. I’m sure I’ve listened to it at least a hundred times. The American teenager snippet has been on replay today and I have to show restraint and stop listening till the full song comes out. 

3 hours ago, Gothicula said:

the cute semi-coherent ep i picked out for my itunes because im obsessed with ethel atm 

Nettles

1. dust bowl

2. half-cocked

3. stomping ground

4. nettles

stomping ground is getting released on preacher's daughter you know that right? :oprah:

(although in a re-recorded version)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, avenue said:

stomping ground is getting released on preacher's daughter you know that right? :oprah:

(although in a re-recorded version)

IT IS ?? WHAT??! i’m so happy 😭 i kept thinking about how good it would sound with her updated production skills

1 minute ago, Gothicula said:

IT IS ?? WHAT??! i’m so happy 😭 i kept thinking about how good it would sound with her updated production skills

also nettles & waco, texas are getting released as part of a preacher's daughter b-sides ep although we don't have a tracklist for that yet (afaik)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, avenue said:

also nettles & waco, texas are getting released as part of a preacher's daughter b-sides ep although we don't have a tracklist for that yet (afaik)

i luv nettles so much so this is great news 

2 minutes ago, bigspender said:

even better, the demo is just the first verse and chorus. the full song will

be 6-7 minutes :-)

… it’s going to be transcendental.. do you know anything about the new version of stomping ground?

also, love the laura palmer pfp. there’s something about twin peaks fans and ethel