princessdollie

Ethel Cain

15 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

… it’s going to be transcendental.. do you know anything about the new version of stomping ground?

also, love the laura palmer pfp. there’s something about twin peaks fans and ethel

nothing about stomping ground but i’m sure it’s gonna fuckin slap

giphy.gif

“i just wanna make the music that i like and feel good about and dust bowl was very that. i'm excited for the b-sides EP because it's kind of a return to my 2019 sound which is my favorite era of my own music”

giphy.gif

american teenager is great!! 

i cant wait to see how it plays out with the rest of the album and i’ll like it more then. 

gibson girl wasn’t my favorite at first but now i’m in love with it and i’m sure AT will be the same way. i also love the sunday morning reference lyrics. 

3 hours later update: the song is fucking amazing. the sunday morning reference had me CRYING bc that song means so much to me, i’m glad she revisited it in a classy way. 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, bigspender said:

i heard from a super secret insider (ethel cain) that there’s a tour announcement tomorrow 

wait i’m SCREAMING! 

i am so stressed i can’t go to the masonic lodge la show cuz it’s sold out. i hope she adds an LA date. 

Gibson Girl is iconic, giving me everything. i play it 5 times or more a day. it’s just breathtaking. so excited for the new song tonight / album soon. fuckckckcck

19 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

wait i’m SCREAMING! 

i am so stressed i can’t go to the masonic lodge la show cuz it’s sold out. i hope she adds an LA date. 

Gibson Girl is iconic, giving me everything. i play it 5 times or more a day. it’s just breathtaking. so excited for the new song tonight / album soon. fuckckckcck

it’s soo good, one of my favorites so far. i seriously can’t get over the sunday morning reference, it’s my favorite song on golden age. 

also she screams in  ptolomea 

giphy.gif

The neighbor's brother came home in a box
But he wanted to go, so maybe it was his fault
Another red heart taken by the American dream

sounds like this means a fallen soldier

And I feel it there
In the middle of the night
When the lights go out and I'm all alone again

and she was in love with him?

Say what you want, but say it like you mean it
With your fists for once, a long cold war
With your kids at the front

and here she adresses the POTUS and the pointless American wars?

American Teenager is IT.

ill admit the album cover and Gibson girl had me thinking that this was gonna be a dud, but strangers and AT have redeemed the era for me. hoping that Gibson girl will grow on me too eventually

RVhKIwP.gif

can someone who has listened to the new single and strangers give a good description of what they sound like? and if you had to describe which one of ethels other songs it sounds most similar to? I havent't listened to them yet because im saving them for the release date :flutter:

11 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

i want to get into ethel’s music, where do i start?

i guess golden age because its her first ep? but after hearing her unreleased songs, golden age suddenly sounds so idk... bland? maybe check out her unreleased first.. dust bowl ,waco texas and gods country are my favourite songs of hers!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i’ve only listened to crush but i finally caved in and listened to gibson girl and oh my god… this is her off to the races moment & listening to this song at night is a whole another experience.