princessdollie

Ethel Cain

i love the build up in gibson girl so much, i just wish it lasted longer at the end :oprah:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

45 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

i want to get into ethel’s music, where do i start?

Maybe with her most listened songs on Spotify. From Inbred EP: Crush, Michelle Pfeiffer and God's Country. Her latest singles from her upcoming first album: American Teenager, Strangers and Gibson Girl, also Everytime (Britney Spears Cover). But the rest of Inbred and Golden Age (EP) are also worth listening to.

1 hour ago, blameitonme said:

i want to get into ethel’s music, where do i start?

carpet bed is actually her first EP! it’s also her favorite, so give it a listen first and then just go through the whole discography! it’s all beautiful 

55 minutes ago, 400lux said:

about to buy those damn tickets just for the chance of hearing Inbred live...:hype:

she’s not 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, backseat said:

strangers kind of sounds like god’s country and american teenager is a mix of crush, sunday morning, and something completely new for her. there are some really pretty synths in american teenager unlike anything else that’s been officially released by her, the song kind of reminds me of an ethelification of green light by lorde haha. strangers is a ballad that just starts pretty minimalist and then turns into an arena rock anthem

oh my god im not ready:trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 minutes ago, backseat said:

strangers kind of sounds like god’s country and american teenager is a mix of crush, sunday morning, and something completely new for her. there are some really pretty synths in american teenager unlike anything else that’s been officially released by her, the song kind of reminds me of an ethelification of green light by lorde haha. strangers is a ballad that just starts pretty minimalist and then turns into an arena rock anthem

have you heard the demos of strangers? 

they’re nothing like it. it’s initially a slow build up with amazing harmonies, a new important verse in the ECU, and it has a striking end like the song inbred. 

american teenager is amazing but the first listen was a little iffy, now it’s my favorite single. the sunday morning reference is emotional af for me bc that song needs so much

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, bigspender said:

she’s not 

still will probably end up buying the tickets (since preachers daughter is almost definitely gonna be my AOTY unless sky somehow manages to get something out) but this is so sad :noparty:

3 hours ago, 400lux said:

still will probably end up buying the tickets (since preachers daughter is almost definitely gonna be my AOTY unless sky somehow to get something out) but this is so sad :noparty:

she said the entire inbred album absolutely killed her throat, which doesn’t surprise me but i’m sure that she’ll play crush and maybe unpunishable

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

i hope hayden leaks the stems for her work one day, specifically the stems for god’s country, specifically so i can get rid of… him

that song makes me so mad because i love it so much but i cannot stand WPSE’s voice at all :defeated:you can’t even just cut his verse out though because his voice is all over everythinggggg

Agree, his voice is a bit too salient, but I've slowly gotten used to it. :agree:

1 hour ago, zombie girl said:

i hope hayden leaks the stems for her work one day, specifically the stems for god’s country, specifically so i can get rid of… him

that song makes me so mad because i love it so much but i cannot stand WPSE’s voice at all :defeated:you can’t even just cut his verse out though because his voice is all over everythinggggg

we’re lucky to have the crush acapella tbh, and she said she’s posting the instrumentals as soon as possible after the album 

giphy.gif