princessdollie

Ethel Cain

Spoiler

And you said: Hey, do you wanna see the west with me?
Cause love's out there and I can’t leave it be

And I said: Honey, love's never meant much to me

But I'll come with you if you're sure it's what you need

That hit close to home :trisha:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

not quite ready yet to listen but im almost too stoned to think so hopefully soon im so excited 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

just listen to the album "the ghost of tom joad" by bruce springsteen after preacher's daughter........ Its a full cycle and a fucking emotional roller coaster.

i'm literally shaking, preacher's daughter must be one of the best albums of this century

i.. dont know what to say, i just listened to the album, every song othee than gibson girl was new to me and i wasn't too familiar with the track listing or song titles so i basically was listening to one big song as i lay back with the lights out and i felt so relaxed, so i was watching a youtube video of someone walking around birmingham with a go pro during a night out on saturday night and it really resonated with me, people doing normal things, girls walking around alone inn small dresses, guys drinking in the streets wearing denim jeans hoping to score,  predators in every innocent face you see... i cried so hard because thats all  i know, like damn when she screamed stop" in one of the songs, was that the line? in a screamo tone i died, its giving night time my time vibes, i got so teary in parts, i liked the last one before strangers, may be my favourite, im so high rn but this is the first experience of an album where i just lay back and fell into oblivion, i see potential that this could be one of my favurite albums ever, like thank you for this gift to the universe  miss ethel, and thank you beer and weed for making mefeel amazing tonight

2 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

Yall got me so excited to hear the album, and I know only one song of hers, this is why I love LB :party: 

sun  bleached flies was really good, like so good 

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

sun  bleached flies was really good, like so good 

It's past midnight in France so I will wait for tomorrow to give it the attention it deserves but your post got me on edge ksjhfkjdhf, to be fair I rly liked Crush! Gonna give it a real release party

ZKcaooE.png

20 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i.. dont know what to say, i just listened to the album, every song othee than gibson girl was new to me and i wasn't too familiar with the track listing or song titles so i basically was listening to one big song as i lay back with the lights out and i felt so relaxed, so i was watching a youtube video of someone walking around birmingham with a go pro during a night out on saturday night and it really resonated with me, people doing normal things, girls walking around alone inn small dresses, guys drinking in the streets wearing denim jeans hoping to score,  predators in every innocent face you see... i cried so hard because thats all  i know, like damn when she screamed stop" in one of the songs, was that the line? in a screamo tone i died, its giving night time my time vibes, i got so teary in parts, i liked the last one before strangers, may be my favourite, im so high rn but this is the first experience of an album where i just lay back and fell into oblivion, i see potential that this could be one of my favurite albums ever, like thank you for this gift to the universe  miss ethel, and thank you beer and weed for making mefeel amazing tonight

the "stop" one is ptolemaea aka one of the scariest fucking things i've listened to :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

@TrashMagiq is that you who posted it in pop heads?! I posted earlier and they deleted it saying it had to be midnight UK time, enjoy the flush of reddit karma you’re about to get :crai: I’m not jealous

I randomly noticed there was like a minute left until midnight UK time so I just posted it bsdfh. Still don't know what reddit karma does tbh but I also made the NFR and FTBC threads so adding Preacher's Daughter to the list feels very correct :true: my current AOTY.

qfrWuBl.png

8 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I randomly noticed there was like a minute left until midnight UK time so I just posted it bsdfh. Still don't know what reddit karma does tbh but I also made the NFR and FTBC threads so adding Preacher's Daughter to the list feels very correct :true: my current AOTY.

we love to see LB members be the leaders of Taste™️ in the popheads community! those are some huge feats, proud it’s one of our own who posted it :agree2:

also idk what reddit karma does either ha!

giphy.gif