princessdollie

Ethel Cain

cannot stop listening to Thoroughfare like omfgggggggggggg.... guysssssssss......... how does music progress past this :angie: scat queen :hoe:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

someone make a friendship ended with lana del rey and began again with ethel cain meme, is that the saying?

i feel like we have two lana's now though, the way we are fed!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, bigspender said:

no vinyl release but just fyi she absolutely hates any mention of vinyl 

cd? if not i will need to burn it onto a disc and play it in my car tomorrow:lolliney:

15 minutes ago, bigspender said:

omg oops lolol has she said why I'm curious 

I just saw on Twitter that she posted in March: "there are no immediate plans for vinyls as making a vinyl independently is very difficult rn. hopefully in the future." and "i’m going to try my best to get a proper and cohesive physical release situated ASAP ♡" so maybe there is hope for something!

its honestly so baffling that music this good exists and can't even get physicals made, its what she deserves 

52 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

cd? if not i will need to burn it onto a disc and play it in my car tomorrow:lolliney:

maybe, she said probably but no one knows when 

45 minutes ago, DCooper said:

omg oops lolol has she said why I'm curious 

I just saw on Twitter that she posted in March: "there are no immediate plans for vinyls as making a vinyl independently is very difficult rn. hopefully in the future." and "i’m going to try my best to get a proper and cohesive physical release situated ASAP ♡" so maybe there is hope for something!

that was probably her rlly nice way of saying it but vinyl is basically impossible for her especially with her label. she would have to fund it herself and they’d still end up getting a cut of the profit. also everyone on instagram lives and comments and stuff constantly ask for vinyl rather than focusing on her hard work and music and she said “having nightmares about the word vinyl” 

giphy.gif

just wanna say ive been listening to ethel for a little over a year now and it makes me so happy to see her finally getting the attention she deserves… seeing this thread get popping and everyone on my social media TLs absolutely living for PD is just so heartwarming. i knew she was gonna be huge from the second i saw her and now she’s actually making some pretty big noise, especially considering she’s completely self made. what a legend!

western nights is definitely my least favourite, i've just had my second listen and still can't pick a favourite though :oprah:

oh august underground is a least favourite as well because, it felt like an interlude, telengelism on the other hand is a good interlude :xcry:

3 hours ago, bff said:

especially considering she’s completely self made.

she's not completely self made but considering that she does the music by herself and was completely self made up until inbred she might as well be :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 hours ago, avenue said:

she's not completely self made but considering that she does the music by herself and was completely self made up until inbred she might as well be :true:

baby i don’t think you know what self made means because everything she’s accomplished has been a result of her own merit and talent. she never inherited anything, her success is a result of her own hard work.

8 hours ago, bigspender said:

not true..? i was on her live once where she explained that she totally supported the crowdfunded release of Inbred on vinyl, but she didnt want to speak much about it not to risk the project getting taken down. and if she does actually hate the mention of vinyl, i understand why. she definitely does not have the resources to produce vinyl on her own. (not for a 76 minute album for that matter... double vinyl!!) she's not on a label and does not have any financial support to mass produce in that way i don't think. if i recall her deal with prescription songs is only for publishing and distribution. 

1 hour ago, misslonaxo said:

not true..? i was on her live once where she explained that she totally supported the crowdfunded release of Inbred on vinyl, but she didnt want to speak much about it not to risk the project getting taken down. and if she does actually hate the mention of vinyl, i understand why. she definitely does not have the resources to produce vinyl on her own. (not for a 76 minute album for that matter... double vinyl!!) she's not on a label and does not have any financial support to mass produce in that way i don't think. if i recall her deal with prescription songs is only for publishing and distribution. 

very true lol. she says everytime her live ends that she doesn’t like when people ask her for vinyl. i was also the one who made the inbred vinyl too.  trust me we’ve spoken about it 

giphy.gif