princessdollie

Ethel Cain

3 hours ago, DCooper said:

Where do people get these song explanations on Genius, some of them seem to have nothing to do with the lyrics lol has Ethel elaborated on the story anywhere or are these people making stuff up?

For example, on the Family Tree page it says "After the death of her boyfriend Logan in a police shootout following a bank robbery, Ethel finds herself on the run from the cops." but I don't get that from Family Tree at all lol

the person who responded to you was right! her friend malcolm did it. she’ll be working on the book all summer

giphy.gif

i definitely reccomend watching all of the visualizers on youtube, it feels like watching a really good indie horror movie

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

8 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Family Tree is a slow grower. I didn't pay much attention to it at first, but now it's so f*cking good. :hair:

agreed, the only song on the album that isn't hitting is western nights for me, not sure why

22 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

agreed, the only song on the album that isn't hitting is western nights for me, not sure why

western nights is actually my favorite ! it’ll grow on your eventually i’m sure

I had never listened to a Ethel Cain album until this morning :bebe: and it’s very good! It’s dark and heavy stuff, on that one, but it’s very interesting. Even if the subject matter is far from light and fun, I really enjoyed it (much more than Florence’s Dance Fever, to be honest).

Just purchased the album on iTunes, since I can’t purchase a physical. I haven’t done that since Lana. Love spending money on artists that truly deserve it ❤️❤️ What a queen.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

the way she was literally just browsing this thread… ethel if you see this you need to release outtakes for PD shoot :hooker:

Somehow I think Sun Bleached Flies would have been the perfect ending to PD and Strangers is one song too many or out of place. Also American Teenager is too powerful at the beginning and doesn't really fit the atmospheric sound of the rest.

So I tried to rearrange the tracklist in a more harmonic way based on placements of the songs in relation to each other in Spotify's song radio.

The first tracklist considers only the album itself, the other Ethel's discography (recent three albums + Everytime + Growing Pains).

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7Emtcguq49dUZmLB9OQ2qp?si=0219dbc23ab444e5

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1QV5JCOUxiJmgD8a0RQLpa?si=0aa53204009448a5

9 hours ago, bff said:

the way she was literally just browsing this thread… ethel if you see this you need to release outtakes for PD shoot :hooker:

huh?? she’s not on lanaboards she hasn’t listened to lana since she was in high school LOL

giphy.gif

On 3/23/2022 at 10:40 AM, bigspender said:

so i don’t know if i’m gonna share it anymore since she hates it :/ im pretty sure she comes on here sometimes as a guest and she knows who i am 

oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

19 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

as a guest bae, to see what people are saying abt her, but probably not anymore since that was almost a month ago. she has more things to worry about rn 

giphy.gif

Stop, stop, stop, make it stop, stop
Make it stop
Make it stop, I’ve had enough
Stop,

stop,

stop,

stAAAAAAAAAAAPbvrbiedreams-stan-twitter.gif

11 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Somehow I think Sun Bleached Flies would have been the perfect ending to PD and Strangers is one song too many or out of place. Also American Teenager is too powerful at the beginning and doesn't really fit the atmospheric sound of the rest.

So I tried to rearrange the tracklist in a more harmonic way based on placements of the songs in relation to each other in Spotify's song radio.

The first tracklist considers only the album itself, the other Ethel's discography (recent three albums + Everytime + Growing Pains).

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7Emtcguq49dUZmLB9OQ2qp?si=0219dbc23ab444e5

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1QV5JCOUxiJmgD8a0RQLpa?si=0aa53204009448a5

Here are also her last three albums + Everytime + Growing Pains mixed as harmonic playlist. The first four songs were at the end first, but I put them at the beginning because there are more popular.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3icz8NurOXGK6m6FVMWxSy?si=77da930ccb0e4114

the way she’s blowing up makes me nervous ?? just bc she really really interacts with her fans most of the time but as she gets bigger ive noticed that her talking to us in our little groupchat thingy becomes less and less. of course she deserves the fame and attention but it’s just the fact that i know she doesn’t really want or care for it 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, bigspender said:

the way she’s blowing up makes me nervous ?? just bc she really really interacts with her fans most of the time but as she gets bigger ive noticed that her talking to us in our little groupchat thingy becomes less and less. of course she deserves the fame and attention but it’s just the fact that i know she doesn’t really want or care for it 

i want to gatekeep

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

8 hours ago, bigspender said:

huh?? she’s not on lanaboards she hasn’t listened to lana since she was in high school LOL

Gggj2Ko.jpg

in response to