princessdollie

Ethel Cain

7 hours ago, bigspender said:

the way i thought she was abt to remove me from her private account until she said she was joking 😭 that was ungodly and just like her……. i was shaking for at least an hour thinking “girl i thought you loved me”

it’s the scorpio rising

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

31 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

i believe in the power of gatekeeping when people are out here rearranging the track list like it’s not following a storyline 😭

this is what she said abt it 💀

A1-E120-E7-E48-E-4665-AB94-A562-A1-D4054

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, bigspender said:

this is what she said abt it 💀

A1-E120-E7-E48-E-4665-AB94-A562-A1-D4054

:awk: if there was someone rearranging tracks, then just for harmonic reasons and to experience for himself how tracks would sound in a different order.

I have to admit that as a non-english speaker, as with other songs, I have some problems following the story in its entirety, but I hope that with more frequent listening (and the help of Genius), the whole story will open up to me as well.

54 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

:awk: if there was someone rearranging tracks, then just for harmonic reasons and to experience for himself how tracks would sound in a different order.

I have to admit that as a non-english speaker, as with other songs, I have some problems following the story in its entirety, but I hope that with more frequent listening (and the help of Genius), the whole story will open up to me as well.

she’s talking about people trying to make it make more sense, not just for harmonic reasons!! 

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I've had more than a few listens now so here's my ranking, best to worst: (i'm excluding the two instrumentals)

Top Tier

1. Hard Times 10/10

2. Sun Bleached Flies 10/10

3. American Teenager 10/10

4. Gibson Girl 10/10

5. Ptolemaea 10/10

6. A House in Nebraska 9/10

Mid Tier 

7. Thoroughfare 8/10

8. Strangers 8/10

Low Tier 

9. Family Tree 7/10

10. Famil Tree (Intro) 7/10

11. Western Nights 5/10

Hard Times is the underdog of the album. It gives me a strange sense of sadness, stillness yet contentment. I haven't heard a song this beautiful since Blue Banisters.

Western Nights is still doing absoloutely nothing for me. I think every album is destined to have at least one skip, and i think this will always be a skip for me.

As for the instrumentals, Televangalism is gorgeous and August Undergorund is haunting. Both great additions to the record and i like the opportunity for some breathing room after hearing Ptolemaea, it's a nice pallet cleanser leading up to Sun Bleached Flies. 

I have also some problems with Western Nights, but Family Tree is definitely Top Tier.

Top Tier

1. American Teenager 10/10

2. Gibson Girl 9.5/10

3. Strangers 9.5/10

4. A House in Nebraska 9/10

5. Family Tree 9/10

6. Sun Bleached Flies 9/10

7. Hard Times 9/10

8. Ptolemaea 9/10

Mid Tier 

9. Family Tree (Intro) 8/10

10. Thoroughfare 8/10

11. Televangelism 7.5/10

12. August Underground 7.5/10

Low Tier 

13. Western Nights 7/10

34 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I have also some problems with Western Nights, but Family Tree is definitely Top Tier.

Low Tier 

13. Western Nights 7/10

drag her sis

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

SAY WHAT YOU WANT 

BUT SAY IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT

WE CAN FIST FOR ONCE

ON A COLD BAR

oprah-gif-oprah-happy.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e