princessdollie

Ethel Cain

all i wanted to do was put out my stupid little album that i started writing when i was a teenager and now im getting paraded around in front of people i’ve never met who want to make money off of me and getting told i’m ugly and a man and that i want to be someone i don’t even listen to and there’s a million strangers that i don’t know who need something from me and i’m sick and i’m tired and i’m anxious and i don’t want to do this anymore, i want to change my phone number and go home and get a job at pizza hut and be fucking normal. i hate this shit and i have never been more miserable.”

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, bigspender said:

all i wanted to do was put out my stupid little album that i started writing when i was a teenager and now im getting paraded around in front of people i’ve never met who want to make money off of me and getting told i’m ugly and a man and that i want to be someone i don’t even listen to and there’s a million strangers that i don’t know who need something from me and i’m sick and i’m tired and i’m anxious and i don’t want to do this anymore, i want to change my phone number and go home and get a job at pizza hut and be fucking normal. i hate this shit and i have never been more miserable.”

did she post this? :O i feel so bad for her

I know absolutely nothing about her except the music, I didn’t even know she was transgender, but I’ve listened to her for 6h today and I feel terrible. Why can’t people just enjoy the music and be grateful for it?

ZKcaooE.png

48 minutes ago, bigspender said:

I swear people are so goddamn miserable that they get off on causing anyone successful misery on the internet. There’s no other explanation for this kind of hatred.

I feel bad for her but this is just the beginning of what it's like to be in the public eye. I hope she can handle it and won't let this phase her too much. It comes with the territory 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I feel bad for her but this is just the beginning of what it's like to be in the public eye. I hope she can handle it and won't let this phase her too much. It comes with the territory 

tbh she’s said that she never wanted to be famous in the first place and she regrets even signing the publishing deal

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, avenue said:

tbh she’s said that she never wanted to be famous in the first place and she regrets even signing the publishing deal

:( shes not huge so i guess she can always go back to being lowkey easily 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 hours ago, bigspender said:

how was she being hateful to her by saying that she deeply respects lana and to compare them is to be disrespectful to both of their art? she’s 100% right 

i didn’t see that? i saw her saying something else but that makes me happy cuz they should collab!

42 minutes ago, avenue said:

I eat this up, but she has the potential to become the next Taylor or Lana if she wants.

A message from Ethel Cain & @bigspender -

As i know many of you love Ethel Cain, I’d like to announce that an official fanzine will be coming soon later this year. Myself and a few other people will be curating it along with Hayden herself, and it will also include a written note from her on every issue. We’re featuring fan art, fan poetry, fan anything and everything visually, anythign that could be considered “caincore”. While we’re still laying down the foundation and trying to figure everything out, please follow @/cainchapel on instagram for updates regarding the status of its creation!“

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Another message from Ethel Cain. For questions, contact @bigspender -

“Ethel Cain is doing merch design submission contest for any artists who would like to be featured on a very special tour merch item!

Here are the guidelines:

- Create a merch design with
the intention of it being
printed on the front of back
of a t-shirt (you can do both)

- Can be any design you want
as long as it's #caincore lol

- Any medium is ok!
Drawing, text, photoshop,
you name it!

- Make sure your signature is
somewhere on it!

- Submissions will be closed
by end of day on Saturday,
June 18th

- Make all submissions to
hiswhitesilas@gmail.com

The winner will be paid commission for their artwork. Have fun!“

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Ethel has granted us permission to reopen her thread! Feel free to discuss away within this thread.

Though the thread is now open, she has requested for members to not share or request links to any old music that she doesn't want to be heard.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding while the thread was closed! x

SHE LOOKS FUCKING INCREDIBLE IN ALL THE SHOTS. Her with the blonde??? CULTURAL RESET. 

im happy this thread is reopened. I have always wanted to back @Terrence Loves Me up in saying hard times is one of the best songs on the record. It’s top 3 for me at least.