princessdollie

Ethel Cain

I'm obsessed with House in Nebraska and Western Nights...and Hard Times. Honestly the whole thing has been on repeat since it's come out. She's so amazing.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Thoroughfare has become one of my all-time favorite songs.

I kind of hate knowing that Isaiah literally fucking murdered her, though. I love the song in isolation so much. :rip:  The beauty in finding love in someone you didn't expect and escaping together. I guess it makes an interesting point about the intoxication of early love that can turn sour/abusive. 

Thanks Ethel for letting us reopen the thread!!!

currently obsessed with waco texas

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

14 hours ago, domandapiano said:

SHE LOOKS FUCKING INCREDIBLE IN ALL THE SHOTS. Her with the blonde??? CULTURAL RESET. 

im happy this thread is reopened. I have always wanted to back @Terrence Loves Me up in saying hard times is one of the best songs on the record. It’s top 3 for me at least. 

oh my god right??? that song does something else to me, it's so daring and beautiful, the best art is born from controversy 

There is a lot of mystery surrounding Ethel for me, but by far the greatest one is, how the fuck is she gonna top PD????? It's in my top 5 albums ever made now

Her Paper shoot blew my fckn mind btw

Btw guys, show Western Nights a little love!!! It's in my top 3 for me, it's lit on my on a loop playlist

ZKcaooE.png

Okay here's my def top 3 no one asked for:

1. American Teenager, it just grew on me this much
2. Western Nights
3. Gibson Girl

4. Family Tree

5. A House in Nebraska

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

ZKcaooE.png

obsessed with the looks she's been serving, honestly is she just being this iconic in her own back yard like that? it's so refreshing to see all of this happening in such a quiet rural place and not LA, she really said i dont go to the magazines, the magazines come to me:oprah: an icon she is the moment shit on it put it in a blender 

31 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

Okay here's my def top 3 no one asked for:

1. American Teenager, it just grew on me this much
2. Western Nights
3. Gibson Girl

4. Family Tree

5. A House in Nebraska

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

the bridge and outro of this song always makes me cry, the drums make it sound so large 

2 hours ago, annedauphine said:

how the fuck is she gonna top PD?????

she’ll be remaking the whole album at some point bc she doesn’t own the masters. THEN it’ll be topped! 

label didn’t give her much of a budget at all so everything on preachers daughter is the same stuff she made inbred with, but it’s still not 100% how she wanted it 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, bigspender said:

she’ll be remaking the whole album at some point bc she doesn’t own the masters. THEN it’ll be topped! 

label didn’t give her much of a budget at all so everything on preachers daughter is the same stuff she made inbred with, but it’s still not 100% how she wanted it 

did someone else produce the album or do you mean the person who mastered it now has ownership

I'm so happy the thread is back!

This album continues to be the best of the year wowowow I really am in awe :wowcry: I'm seeing her this month I'm so excited, I also made a few of my friends listen and they bought tickets right after hearing her :hype:

3 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

did someone else produce the album or do you mean the person who mastered it now has ownership

she produced it all, but it’s kind of like a ‘taylor’s version’ situation. her label owns the masters so the audio is technically not hers

giphy.gif