princessdollie

Ethel Cain

37 minutes ago, bigspender said:

how did it go?

:thewomanwastoostunnedtospeak:
Stunned.gif

No fr I’m still recovering like what did I just experience? I moved, I cried, I threw up, I got it together, I lost it again. There were so many memorable moments that I still feel like I haven’t fully digested it all. The instrumentals, the lyrics, the emotion like ???  6-C716-B84-C364-490-C-A90-D-E353-AFB4031

Lyrically the words that hit me the hardest were:

“I’m tired of you still tied to me (It’s just the way that you are) I’m tired of you, too tired to leave”

Don’t talk to strangers or you might fall in love… I never blamed you for loving me the way that you did while you were torn apart, I would still wait with you there… Just know that I love you (I do) ”

:fuckme: 25362995-2-AE7-4-C17-AB67-235-A291-C3-E0

”God loves you but not enough to save you… The more it hurts the less it shows” 

Like ??!?!?!?!?!

D06-D23-C7-7-EB3-4-AA7-9-BCC-7-CA1-F4-DA

And the music itself was so well put together, so intentionally executed. I couldn’t believe 7 or 8 minutes had passed since any given song had started - it didn’t feel long at all. The music had room to breathe if that makes any sense… Like, the tracks took their time to resolve themselves without feeling like they were dragging on endlessly, it was so thoughtfully done. I can’t wait to listen to it again! 

what i would do to listen to this album for the first time again

timeless classic yup yup

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Listening to Thoroughfare and crying about a love I don’t have :rollin:

Spoiler

I ignore the fact the protagonist gets murdered and eaten in the end, but you get the idea lol 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

well i could go on and on about how much of an amazing person she is, the show was absolutely amazing and i will never forget this birthday :’) so i’m gonna drop some pictures i took and the video i took of dust bowl is still loading so i’ll edit this and add the link when it’s done. 

FFF5-EFE9-8-DE3-4071-807-B-DF77-B5-B1459

this is us holding hands while she sang thoroughfare to me :’)

DFBE14-DF-872-A-4-DD7-8-B66-68421-AE2037AE0-D7-F30-0-F5-A-4438-AEC2-2-A6-B41-B2-

we were gonna hang out a lil at the show but she got random nausea so she had to go early, but i woke up to a wonderful birthday text from her so either way i am still star struck. 

dust bowl

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, bigspender said:

well i could go on and on about how much of an amazing person she is, the show was absolutely amazing and i will never forget this birthday :’) so i’m gonna drop some pictures i took and the video i took of dust bowl is still loading so i’ll edit this and add the link when it’s done. 

FFF5-EFE9-8-DE3-4071-807-B-DF77-B5-B1459

this is us holding hands while she sang thoroughfare to me :’)

DFBE14-DF-872-A-4-DD7-8-B66-68421-AE2037AE0-D7-F30-0-F5-A-4438-AEC2-2-A6-B41-B2-

we were gonna hang out a lil at the show but she got random nausea so she had to go early, but i woke up to a wonderful birthday text from her so either way i am still star struck. 

dust bowl

Aw it’s nice that you can get little interactions like this