princessdollie

Ethel Cain

2 hours ago, annedauphine said:

I wish I could go with you! Stay safe and have fuuuun! I'm going to Paris Dec 4th, please tell me if she plays American Teenager, I'm holding into this hope so badly lol :D

Thank you!!! I hope so too, i'm gonna drink a bottle of wine before i go and im so ready to cry when she sings hard times and sun bleached flies, also hopefully i can get to the front  :xcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 hours ago, Raupeka said:

I think on her Tumblr she said the title isn’t preacher’s wife

i think she said that the next album isn’t preacher’s wife (therefore making the title of the next album not preacher’s wife) and i know she said it was at some point… but she also could’ve changed it so who knows

6 hours ago, annedauphine said:

Sorry for monopolising this thread, but I just wanted to warmly thank @the ocean for the masterpost. Ethel man... I'm currently going her incredible discography and I really do think she's one of my favourite artists of all time now. Currently sobbing irl tears to South Alabama God's Country Demo. I love her universe sm. The name of the songs, the vibe of the melodies, the lyrics ofc, the cover arts, the entire musical experience fills me with peace, nostalgia, and happiness mixed, an unexpected yet wonderful melange. I love this music

:ma:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 11/23/2022 at 6:02 AM, the ocean said:

i think she said that the next album isn’t preacher’s wife (therefore making the title of the next album not preacher’s wife) and i know she said it was at some point… but she also could’ve changed it so who knows

Oh word? I guess I misread, I think we're getting an EP next year which is just the B-Sides of Preachers Daughter, but not sure tbh

I can’t wait for the bsides to come out so nettles and dust bowl can absolutely destroy me. I wonder if she will say where in the tracklist time line all the b sides fit so we can listen to the full unedited 2+ hour album preachers daughter started out as 

14 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

I can’t wait for the bsides to come out so nettles and dust bowl can absolutely destroy me. I wonder if she will say where in the tracklist time line all the b sides fit so we can listen to the full unedited 2+ hour album preachers daughter started out as 

i think that they'd probably all go somewhere in between family tree intro & american teenager since the EP is taking place just before preacher's daughter and it's dealing with ethel & willoughby (the person that character ethel is singing about in house in nebraska)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

28 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i think that they'd probably all go somewhere in between family tree intro & american teenager since the EP is taking place just before preacher's daughter and it's dealing with ethel & willoughby (the person that character ethel is singing about in house in nebraska)

when you say ep do you mean the upcoming b-sides or the already released inbred?? 

I'm so glad I have my ticket for Paris because my sister is only looking now and is having impossibly Hard Times .mp3 to find even a scalper one it's completely booked :defeated: I've been telling her over and over again to come with me this bish

ZKcaooE.png

2 hours ago, annedauphine said:

Idk how early to arrive to the show tomorrow, it starts at 8pm and it's supposed to be in minus temperatures, and I'm 1m51 I cannot afford to not be barricade lmao!

For my show im gonna show up an hour or so early, just in case 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e