princessdollie

Ethel Cain

5 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

welp

honestly i dont get why she hates her old stuff so much its not even bad she obviously still favors that sound because homecoming literally sounds like earnhardt and a couple of other songs she claims are "bad" maybe its because she wants to rebrand as a lana del rey type idgi

1 hour ago, ItsRavenHunty said:

honestly i dont get why she hates her old stuff so much its not even bad she obviously still favors that sound because homecoming literally sounds like earnhardt and a couple of other songs she claims are "bad" maybe its because she wants to rebrand as a lana del rey type idgi

rebrand as a lana del rey type? 

1 hour ago, ItsRavenHunty said:

not this again.. for the love of god MAKE IT STOP

7 hours ago, ItsRavenHunty said:

she’s literally not even talking about earnhardt or anything of that era but go off

giphy.gif

I’m assuming she’s talking about em old songs she made when she was a teen lol not the ones she uploaded to her soundcloud/tumblr within the past 3 years or so. So many people in her replies thinking she’s talking about dust bowl etc :toofunny:

qfrWuBl.png

She’s clearly not talking about anything that she herself has uploaded to band camp/SoundCloud or is still on streaming. Earnhardt, dust bowl, golden age, you can still listen to all those things through official avenues so that’s clearly not what this is about. 

24 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

she's talking about white silas stuff i thought it was pretty obvious :rip:

which is exactly what i thought she was talking about white silas which is mostly emo trap music meanwhile preachers daughter is a more on brand with lana del rey type music except for maybe american teenager she def shifted towards another sound imo

im currently working on the ethel cain wiki rn and was wondering if she released any songs as singles off of golden age or carpet bed? and if so, in what order?  And since we're once again on the topic of old material, does she not want people talking about it period? I get not reuploading it because she hates it, but for archival purposes, would she not want anything written about older songs? I just don't want to start helping fill out the wiki and then have to delete a ton of pages if she doesn't even want people to know the lyrics or titles of works older than 2019 :deadbanana:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 hours ago, Party Favor said:

im currently working on the ethel cain wiki rn and was wondering if she released any songs as singles off of golden age or carpet bed? and if so, in what order?  And since we're once again on the topic of old material, does she not want people talking about it period? I get not reuploading it because she hates it, but for archival purposes, would she not want anything written about older songs? I just don't want to start helping fill out the wiki and then have to delete a ton of pages if she doesn't even want people to know the lyrics or titles of works older than 2019 :deadbanana:

She had pages taken down from that wiki in the past 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Party Favor said:

don’t include anything pre carpet bed, knuckle velvet i can’t remember if it was a single but it had a music video so idk….. head in the wall demo was a soundcloud single, and misuse oh was also a single at one point. 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

It’s true though-her sound is v v similar to lizzy grant-not saying she’s a rip off but I think the person was trying to make a point about personas 

name a similar song because i think you’re hearing things grammy

giphy.gif