princessdollie

Ethel Cain

17 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

Anyways, the Lana comparisons are redundant. @bigspender I do think you should dial it down a bit if you’re gonna act like the voice of Hayden in this thread cause some of what you post in response to people just makes her look bad for no reason :toofunny:. Idk if there’s still an active discord with her in it but if that’s what you’re referring to then keep what y’all are doing in there to yourself… Explicitly posting “we’re making fun of you rn” is So childish. Also one thing that’s been bugging me is that a while ago this thread got closed “per the artist’s wishes” but then I checked the discord and all I saw was you asking one of the mods in there if you should get the Lanaboards thread closed after that tumblr post Hayden made (even tho almost all posts in this thread at the time were positive) and they were like “sure”, so idk why the narrative that she personally asked for the Lanaboards thread to be closed got pushed cause that left a bad taste in people’s mouths up to this day for absolutely no reason lmao… 

this read tho oh you ate her up are you Isaiah lmao

i spent a week or more collecting all of her unreleased material (including old stuff) and sorting it all out as well. i wish i could share it, but I can't due to hayden's requests. :toofunny:

On 3/18/2023 at 9:36 AM, bigspender said:

babe i promise i know what i’m talking about, if your “well-documented” means having a born to die cd in 2012 like everyone our age then….. 

she literally listened to ultraviolence once in 2014 and hasn’t since

didn't she have a Pinterest board dedicated to lana :troll: 

also i dont think she sounds like lana or nicole just for the record lol i just mean i think that artists arent like on an island and most of them take conscious and/or subconscious inspiration from all music they've heard in their entire lives and enjoyed or found interesting in some capacity

it's kind of like grimes insisting she isn't inspired by bjork or crystal castles insisting they don't like video games or video game music lol idk dont listen to me

anyway have y'all heard this it makes me go crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2dqZL1yOuY

On 3/19/2023 at 1:11 AM, violentvioletsky said:

Has been ruminating in my head for a while now, but here is my fancast for the natural blood-stained blond twink Willoughby Tucker

Ryan Beatty:

035980bf9f4b037f53d58c59dcbf4e11?width=1 

1a49ad4222376afdf92b2e666e7af85a.1000x10

Ryan-Beatty-Main-Image-2023-Lucas-Creigh

4317b19e2a227dcfed243c7aafae39a2.jpg

wait how is this exactly how i was imagining him although idk who this guy is

Made this account just to join in and say how much I love this woman. Seeing her in May opening for Caroline Polachek 😭 first time I'll be going to a concert for an opening act. So bummed I missed her proper tour last year 

4 minutes ago, angelanhedonia said:

Made this account just to join in and say how much I love this woman. Seeing her in May opening for Caroline Polachek 😭 first time I'll be going to a concert for an opening act. So bummed I missed her proper tour last year 

Welcome to Ethelboards :D

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

On 2/10/2023 at 11:30 PM, the ocean said:

i made a new masterpost - here is the [removed link]

this link will stay up for 24 hours, it'll be removed afterwards so bookmark it!! (the reason why i am doing this is because her management - nothing in the masterpost violates the LB rules)

some stuff that was added / that i should note:
- i consolidated the soundcloud album into the unreleased album
- the unreleased album is now titled "Apocrypha" to differentiate it from the bandcamp unreleased collections
- the 2 recent soundcloud uploads have been added, and the givenchy score has been reuploaded
- most of the upscaled files have been downscaled (although a lot of them are still technically upscaled due to me not wanting to compress them further)
- a note about the sound quality of the tracks has been provided due to the above fact - the info in said note is based off spek and not the file info

what are the chances anyone still has a masterpost :lange: soundcloud is just not cutting it anymore and I'm dying trying to download/organize all of her unreleased

giphy.gif

Since Ethel seems to be a big fan of prince (like myself) I thought it would be fun to think of which songs of from his discography she should cover.

I Would Die 4 U - Lyrics remind me of the scrapped concept of having Ethel’s character initially be a preacher/cult leader. Otherworldly and cathartic

Anna Stesia - She would absolutely obliterate this. The song is in a similar vein to Ptolemaea (eerie and aggressive, demonic voices chanting) with elements of electric guitar from Family Tree

Sometimes It Snows In April - I’m convinced that this song is musically tethered to Sun Bleached Flies

The Cross - Similar to Thoroughfare where it has a slow and steady buildup at first, but ends up having an explosive conclusion at the end

I Wish U Heaven - Self-explanatory, v cute. A ‘happier’ version of Strangers I would say lol

The Ladder - The gospel vibes are off the chart

With You - Idk but it’s giving me Ethel x Willoughby. Sweet, pure and lovely

Purple Rain - An obvious but classic choice nonetheless

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk :duck:

♡⋆*.⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

19 minutes ago, violentvioletsky said:

Since Ethel seems to be a big fan of prince (like myself) I thought it would be fun to think of which songs of from his discography she should cover.

I Would Die 4 U - Lyrics remind me of the scrapped concept of having Ethel’s character initially be a preacher/cult leader. Otherworldly and cathartic

Anna Stesia - She would absolutely obliterate this. The song is in a similar vein to Ptolemaea (eerie and aggressive, demonic voices chanting) with elements of electric guitar from Family Tree

Sometimes It Snows In April - I’m convinced that this song is musically tethered to Sun Bleached Flies

The Cross - Similar to Thoroughfare where it has a slow and steady buildup at first, but ends up having an explosive conclusion at the end

I Wish U Heaven - Self-explanatory, v cute. A ‘happier’ version of Strangers I would say lol

I think she’d sound better on nothing compares to 2 u tbh. 

I will die happily if we get a new song on soundcloud every month for the rest of our lives, her music is my life source 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

12 hours ago, violentvioletsky said:

god can you imagine her covering purple rain...