Ethel Cain

Just now, skyptolemaea said:

does anyone knows where can i download the inbred bonus tracks, pls and ty

they're in the masterpost i posted a few pages back

On 11/12/2022 at 6:45 PM, the ocean said:

here's a post-2019 masterpost

https://mega.nz/folder/UyQxWYwb#OSv0HwK6v6nk1QzfTNETOw

few notes:
1. please do NOT ask for anything pre-2019. it's an invasion of hayden's privacy and i will report your message
2. there are a few exceptions to the post-2019 rule - the SMFSP ep & a western nights demo are the only pre-2019 things here, there are also some post-2019 things excluded for the same reason as #1 (hayden requesting them not to be circulated and it being an invasion of her privacy)
3. this does not include anything that can be legally streamed or bought (so nothing on spotify nor the "unreleased" compilations on bandcamp)
4. just posting this is probably already crossing some boundaries so this may end up getting deleted at some point

also if anyone leaks or posts anything pre-2019 aside from the SMFSP ep then i'll also report that as well

happy listening ethel.gif

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 11/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, the ocean said:

here's a post-2019 masterpost

https://mega.nz/folder/UyQxWYwb#OSv0HwK6v6nk1QzfTNETOw

few notes:
1. please do NOT ask for anything pre-2019. it's an invasion of hayden's privacy and i will report your message
2. there are a few exceptions to the post-2019 rule - the SMFSP ep & a western nights demo are the only pre-2019 things here, there are also some post-2019 things excluded for the same reason as #1 (hayden requesting them not to be circulated and it being an invasion of her privacy)
3. this does not include anything that can be legally streamed or bought (so nothing on spotify nor the "unreleased" compilations on bandcamp)
4. just posting this is probably already crossing some boundaries so this may end up getting deleted at some point

also if anyone leaks or posts anything pre-2019 aside from the SMFSP ep then i'll also report that as well

happy listening ethel.gif

WAIT I JUST SAW THIS IM GONNA CRY THE GOLDEN AGE BONUS TRACKS FINALLY IN LISTENABLE QUALITY THANK YOU

15 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

Currently in queue :party: Arrived an hour early and almost had a heart attack cause I saw a queue a solid 600m long, turns out a mildly famous rapper is playing in the concert hall next door

Have an amazing time bestie!!! <3

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Well Hayden looked at me dead in the eyes singing American Teenager AND Gibson Girl so I can die happy good mother Cain fucking bye. She did 3 of my favs of PD only missing WN but House of Nebraska was an impossibly good substitute

Ty Jesus for women ty Jesus for music ty Jesus for Hayden amen

She said sun bleached flies was her fav to do on tour and I thought of you holy shit @Terrence Loves Me wish I could come w u in Ldn

im so fckn dead I’m still dreaming ty LB for making me discover one of my fav artists of all time. 

ZKcaooE.png

12 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

Well Hayden looked at me dead in the eyes singing American Teenager AND Gibson Girl so I can die happy good mother Cain fucking bye. She did 3 of my favs of PD only missing WN but House of Nebraska was an impossibly good substitute

Ty Jesus for women ty Jesus for music ty Jesus for Hayden amen

She said sun bleached flies was her fav to do on tour and I thought of you holy shit @Terrence Loves Me wish I could come w u in Ldn

im so fckn dead I’m still dreaming ty LB for making me discover one of my fav artists of all time. 

omg you've been blessed by god herself! so happy you had an amazing time!! i cant wait to hear SBF live.. it's such a life changing song :cryney:

btw how long was the show?

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

omg you've been blessed by god herself! so happy you had an amazing time!! i cant wait to hear SBF live.. it's such a life changing song :cryney:

btw how long was the show?

Sorry lmfao idk why my text was so big but it shows my state of mind lol. 1h on the clock exact same set list as Berlin!

ZKcaooE.png

13 hours ago, the ocean said:

me when i very much had the money to see her on tour but i had no way of getting to the closest venue wendyflashmob.gif

Bestie at least she’s in your country, New Zealand snubbed again :(

Despite the mixed review for PD, American Teenager is pitchfork’s 11th best song of the year:

Ethel Cain approaches her music as a sound designer as much as a songwriter, eschewing conventional structure for marginal vibrations and layered sensations, which makes an arena-ready pop anthem like “American Teenager” something of a revelation. On a lost highway turnoff somewhere between Bruce Springsteen and Brandon Flowers, Ethel rides a sepia-tinged carousel of all-American imagery: tears under the bleachers, wasted nights gone wrong, and forlorn prayers to Jesus. While her songs are frequently extended epics, somewhere between slowcore and chopped & screwed choral music, “American Teenager” is immediate and succinct, but not any less careful in its construction. –Nadine Smith”

https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/best-songs-2022/

5 hours ago, Pnin said:

Despite the mixed review for PD, American Teenager is pitchfork’s 11th best song of the year:

Ethel Cain approaches her music as a sound designer as much as a songwriter, eschewing conventional structure for marginal vibrations and layered sensations, which makes an arena-ready pop anthem like “American Teenager” something of a revelation. On a lost highway turnoff somewhere between Bruce Springsteen and Brandon Flowers, Ethel rides a sepia-tinged carousel of all-American imagery: tears under the bleachers, wasted nights gone wrong, and forlorn prayers to Jesus. While her songs are frequently extended epics, somewhere between slowcore and chopped & screwed choral music, “American Teenager” is immediate and succinct, but not any less careful in its construction. –Nadine Smith”

https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/best-songs-2022/

pitchfork backtracking after people rightfully got pissed off with them

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I’m on the coach to London, I’ve got my hotel booked and I’m wearing my fur coat, my bottle of wine is in my pink tote back and I’m READY for tonight... I’m ready to cry and be a mess :trisha:

https://open.spotify.com/track/4ZYuINHuDHnrpLj0FNE4so?si=Pgupl9w_Tr6kLn-PHgWBMg&utm_source=copy-link

12 hours ago, nighttimemtime said:

live version of florence’s song “morning elvis” she performed with ethel in denver will be out tonight! v excited to hear this https://twitter.com/fatmfanclub/status/1600837370798288896?s=46&t=w0IyJQeMQShBUVuSfIPAAA

They snapped girls they snapped