Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

8 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

did you get your unreleased from a masterpost? if it was https://thatvenicebitch.wixsite.com/missdaytona that's how they tagged them in the metadata :) 

yeah, I got my recent downloads from there which is what inspired the question bc the original master post was from a tumblr called the miss daytona collection or something and now this site refers to them as the miss Daytona collection and I’m just wondering if like that’s just a term coined by fans or otherwise 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

9 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

yeah, I got my recent downloads from there which is what inspired the question bc the original master post was from a tumblr called the miss daytona collection or something and now this site refers to them as the miss Daytona collection and I’m just wondering if like that’s just a term coined by fans or otherwise 

it’s just a fan name luv 

On 12/12/2020 at 11:59 AM, VioletBunny said:

that specific uploader must have named it like that bc no one in the fandom calls her unreleased music as such 

26 minutes ago, Eldar said:

What happened to Honeymouns , lanadelreysbastard and cinnamongirlana on instagram? 

They disappeared, especially honeymouns from one day to another...

honeymouns was suspended for leaking a picture from photoshoot (i think)

19 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

When was the last time sis released something on time? And I don't mean announcing a single and dropping it a week later; I mean albums 'n' shit

honeymoon was released very neatly. from what i remember, she said it was releasing in sept a few months before and it actually did. 

On 12/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, RormanNockwell said:

When was the last time sis released something on time? And I don't mean announcing a single and dropping it a week later; I mean albums 'n' shit

I haven't gone back to check, but I started to follow fan twitter just before the (delayed) release of Tropico, and there have been complaints about pretty much every important release (meaning first single for each project, and the album itself) that I can remember.

Edit: That was not the sort of answer that this thread is here to provide, so I apologise for the vagueness. If I get some time, I'll go through and try to track her original promised date for all releases, and then their actual release date.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

i found a Lana song under the title "This year's love" on YouTube a little while ago.. it sounds very real however i can't find any information on it...

the clip is only 5 seconds long.

the lyrics sound like:

'[...] make it, but at least we've got the night.'

theres some very simple guitars in the background  and it's a swooping note...

i was just wondering if anyone had any more  information on this song or what it might be

10 minutes ago, ThirteenthBeach said:

i found a Lana song under the title "This year's love" on YouTube a little while ago.. it sounds very real however i can't find any information on it...

the clip is only 5 seconds long.

the lyrics sound like:

'[...] make it, but at least we've got the night.'

theres some very simple guitars in the background  and it's a swooping note...

i was just wondering if anyone had any more  information on this song or what it might be

UPDATE: 

turns out the song title  is actually  "This year's girl"   which is an alternate title for UFB (Unidentified Flying Bill), which i believe is from  2013...

anyways...

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know what brand and/or model of electric typewriter Lana is using in this video? 

I hope I've got the right thread. :eek2:  Sorry if this has been asked before lol.

I read a review of Ultraviolence when it came out that talked about the album cover looking like Lana being a patient that escaped a psych ward (and all the songs were stories she made up). Does anyone know what review that was / can link me to it? 

On 12/29/2020 at 6:37 PM, Ramie said:

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know what brand and/or model of electric typewriter Lana is using in this video? 

I hope I've got the right thread. :eek2:  Sorry if this has been asked before lol.

i can’t make out the logo but it def looks like an ‘80s one- maybe IBM? My mom had one when I was a kid that looked v similar, and I have an 80s one that also resembles this one. sorry not more helpful!

aOaIzH2.gif

Yeah I agree, totally looks like it's from the 80's. I'll look into it more and post any finds. Thanks for your help! :)

Edit: I don't know how to quote posts welp :eek3: My reply was for rightofjupiter. 

Edited by Ramie
Clarification over who the post was directed at.

On 12/30/2020 at 10:37 AM, Ramie said:

Hi everyone!

So as usual, I don't have the answer, but I wanted to thank you for asking it, and sending me down a rabbit hole of looking at pictures of old typewriters. This one is an electric typewriter, probably from the 80s onwards, but I couldn't figure out/recognise the logo. I found this blog that is written by someone who hopefully could answer the question with more detail than you ever imagined. Let me know how you go!

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

8 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

So as usual, I don't have the answer, but I wanted to thank you for asking it, and sending me down a rabbit hole of looking at pictures of old typewriters. This one is an electric typewriter, probably from the 80s onwards, but I couldn't figure out/recognise the logo. I found this blog that is written by someone who hopefully could answer the question with more detail than you ever imagined. Let me know how you go!

Haha no problem, I often fall down typewriter-related rabbit holes. Awesome, thanks! Will do, for sure. 

Okay so I emailed some typewriter forums, but decided to keep digging for the answer myself.

After scrolling through the depths of way too many typewriter databases :air: I think I might've found it haha.
I think it's a royal scriptor electronic typewriter. Part of the problem with trying to find the model was that I was assuming it was old, when actually some companies still make electronic typewriters, although they're not too common (and almost unheard of where I'm from, Australia, so I'll blame my ignorance on that). :icant: Apparently at one point you could buy them at Staples, which seems like a realistic way she'd purchase one. I could be wrong, but it's virtually identical down to the finer details, and even makes the same ding noise when you get to the end of the page.