Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

6 minutes ago, bigspender said:

somehow got my hands on a "lossless" is this happiness file and im new at reading spek, can someone tell me if it's real or not? its supposed to be 16-bit/44khz.

https://imgur.com/kkuImdf

i'm pretty new to spek too so take this with a grain of salt but i think it's just slightly upsampled cause it cuts off at 20 and true lossless should go up to 22 kHz

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i'm pretty new to spek too so take this with a grain of salt but i think it's just slightly upsampled cause it cuts off at 20 and true lossless should go up to 22 kHz

Actually, being 100% sure about is pretty hard. Flipside's CD ripped file barely reaches the 20

Just now, YourGirl666 said:

Actually, being 100% sure about is pretty hard. Flipside's CD ripped file barely reaches the 20

maybe flipside is lossy :toofloppy: i know that sometimes lossy files have been pressed onto the official disc with certain mainstream artists

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Do we have a sort of Lana Lore masterpost/thread? Including all of the pop culture references, music, art, and literature that she has either referenced, acknowledged that she enjoys, or is inspired by? Ive had a list of books shes read that i plan on reading , and obviously when she references a movie i havent seen, i feel inclined to watch, but id love some place to just see all of the sources that influence the LDR world. Tbh if there was anyone I’d want a lesson in pop culture from, it’d be her lol

Does anybody know any non Lana song similar to Fine China? I love how slow, epic, depressing, cinematic, classical it sounds. The strings are perfect and her voice sounds so bitterweet, yet strong and painful. My favorite song by her ever.

30 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

can anyone explain where the version of flipside that’s 5:23 with that weird intro came from?

the version i have is 5:10 without the intro

The weird intro is actually just a slowed down, reversed audio of the guitar loop. Surprise!

This isn't confirmed or anything but I believe it's there to prevent copyright detection. The function of adding it means that it extends the track duration which foils auto-detection based on track duration, and additionally distorts the sound so that YouTube (or whatever site hosted) doesn't detect it.

This isn't as common now but when YouTube first became a thing it used to just automatically delete all tracks that were copyrighted, and then there was a big shift on legislation that allowed tracks to be used if they weren't monetised and the label allowed it or if it was for educational or personal use. Because of this taking a while to kick in, a lot of albums that came out during the 2010s with bonus regionally locked tracks that were shared on YouTube often used these wacky methods to bypass detection so they could all be enjoyed. For example, I don't know if it was intentionally done on Fine China but there is a like some 'traffic' sound effects that play which would be there to avoid detection. Other tracks have like a minute of silence before they start, some songs like Prom Song change pitch etc. The Flipside on YouTube that runs for 5:23 is also slightly slowed down to draw it out a little more - it's subtle but still enough to be noticable. 

So why does this end up randomly on audio files? Potentially whoever was sharing these files just ripped it high quality off YouTube and just did the rounds bundled up with the rest of the CD. I'd guess that any audio files are capped at 320kps. The 5:10 version with no intro is the official, real version. 

3lfQEhw.png

Is there a list of songs that lana uploaded to her old soundcloud and her old myspace? I would be very grateful if you could pass it to me!! 

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

what’s the highest kbps we have AKA in? i might’ve just found it on an ancient mp3 downloading website with 320kbps. just wondering before i buy it and there’s literally a download of it somewhere LOL

giphy.gif