Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

10 hours ago, tulsa jesus twink said:

i asked this awhile ago but nobody answered (so someone better istg) but what are the photoshoots that have a possibility of leaking in full or people have in full like the molly malaton and complex magazine 2017? 

People have almost all of them in full but mass photo leaks r not common so I wouldn't bet on anything

9 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

Has she ever mentioned how she feels about performing/touring?

Like 1000 times  :thumb3:  She's said many times she didn't usually like performing and originally wanted to just release albums as pieces of art and not as things to perform for the public

But I wouldn't be surprised if she'd say something different nowadays 

4 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Like 1000 times  :thumb3:  She's said many times she didn't usually like performing and originally wanted to just release albums as pieces of art and not as things to perform for the public

But I wouldn't be surprised if she'd say something different nowadays 

thank you. I swear I've been a fan for over a decade, but I couldn't remember ever reading/seeing anything about it. maybe I just have no memory. :flop:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

2 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

People have almost all of them in full but mass photo leaks r not common so I wouldn't bet on anything

u don’t need to give me an answer buuut

if u have seen on can u describe a photo from the NFR cover shoot that we haven’t seen?

YCY3W7s.jpg

i have these questions.... do u know where did you'll never walk alone film mix come from? was it a film rip or an actual leak? and do u remember if there was a studio snippet of daddy issues the neighborhood cover by lana? for some reasons i was sure it existed but now im confused because im not finding it nowhere @That Venice Bitch thanks!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Might be a stupid question but how does one distinguish a track as a YouTube rip? I’ve seen that mentioned here a couple times and my brain cannot comprehend. 

editing for clarity: like using a YouTube rip as an official track on an album, how can you tell? 

Edited by MamaDelGhey

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

3 hours ago, MamaDelGhey said:

Might be a stupid question but how does one distinguish a track as a YouTube rip? I’ve seen that mentioned here a couple times and my brain cannot comprehend. 

editing for clarity: like using a YouTube rip as an official track on an album, how can you tell? 

an audio file's quality is determined by its bitrate. audio on CDs are lossless quality and mastered, which is very high (+1000kbps) bitrates. youtube only supports up to i believe 128kbps (might be higher than this but definitely not CD quality you get the idea) bitrate, so whenever you rip something from youtube you are only gonna get a maximum of 128kbps audio quality. to further complicate things, this can be faked. youtube downloaders can claim to give you 320kbps bitrates and they put that on the file properties but this is actually inaccurate and can be verified by using programs like spek.

in the case of i assume you are talking about the blue banisters unreleased tracks, when we got the digital files they were mastered to like lossless but when you check it on something like spek you can tell they are actually around the 128kbps quality which means her team just got them from youtube or somewhere online. that's because you can't increase the quality of an audio file just by mastering it or saving it as lossless if it's low quality to begin with. i guess this is kinda similar to if you have a really noisy or blurry LQ image, you can't really make it higher quality with software tweaks or trying to save it in a higher resolution (although AI can do crazy things nowadays with images I thought it'd be a good analogy to wrap your head around it). they basically fed us low quality masters. this is why for example we also don't have a really high quality summer wine mp3, because that is only available through youtube. i'm sure someone else can explain it better or correct me where i'm wrong but lmk if you have any questions hope that helps

28 minutes ago, Lycane83 said:

Hi everybody : i've gota question : what is the meaning of "my love making is my legacy"?

Of course i understand the words (lool)but i don't understand the meaning (or the metaphor) behind this?

The way she “romanticizes “ the ideas and situations she sings about comes from a place of love and compassion. She’s constantly taking ugly things and making them lovely in spirit. I mean A&W is a perfect example of this, and I think ties the most to this poem specifically. Her legacy is that which she invents a love for the things people forget to appreciate…. Like the tunnel Under Ocean boulevard…. Or doing Cartwheels and being independent !

56 minutes ago, Lycane83 said:

Hi everybody : i've gota question : what is the meaning of "my love making is my legacy"?

Of course i understand the words (lool)but i don't understand the meaning (or the metaphor) behind this?

I think this could be interpreted in a few different ways (knowing Lana it probably has a few meanings lol) but one way it could be interpreted is as "love-making" means sexual and intimate relations

So, in that sense, her intimacy/sexual relationships is her legacy/what she's known for

This doesn't necessarily have to mean that everyone she knows thinks of her sexual relationships when they think of her, but she might mean that her relationships (boyfriends, lovers, etc.) are what defines her

After all, her music is very much influenced by who is dating at the moment lol

But I also like the idea that "love-making" can be a more general sentiment, and that anyone she "makes/creates love for" or just "loves" (family, friends, boyfriends) is her legacy and that shared love is what makes her who she is

42 minutes ago, 111 said:

an audio file's quality is determined by its bitrate. audio on CDs are lossless quality and mastered, which is very high (+1000kbps) bitrates. youtube only supports up to i believe 128kbps (might be higher than this but definitely not CD quality you get the idea) bitrate, so whenever you rip something from youtube you are only gonna get a maximum of 128kbps audio quality. to further complicate things, this can be faked. youtube downloaders can claim to give you 320kbps bitrates and they put that on the file properties but this is actually inaccurate and can be verified by using programs like spek.

in the case of i assume you are talking about the blue banisters unreleased tracks, when we got the digital files they were mastered to like lossless but when you check it on something like spek you can tell they are actually around the 128kbps quality which means her team just got them from youtube or somewhere online. that's because you can't increase the quality of an audio file just by mastering it or saving it as lossless if it's low quality to begin with. i guess this is kinda similar to if you have a really noisy or blurry LQ image, you can't really make it higher quality with software tweaks or trying to save it in a higher resolution (although AI can do crazy things nowadays with images I thought it'd be a good analogy to wrap your head around it). they basically fed us low quality masters. this is why for example we also don't have a really high quality summer wine mp3, because that is only available through youtube. i'm sure someone else can explain it better or correct me where i'm wrong but lmk if you have any questions hope that helps

Incredibly helpful, thank you so much! 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

18 hours ago, Lycane83 said:

im not a native english speaker but ive always thought that her legacy=her future potential children. like her offspring picking up the torch for her after she dies (her legacy). that could echo with her poem "my bedroom is a sacred place now — there are children at the foot of my bed" (bed on which the making of life/children occurs). to me it also echoes with her wish to be a mother which already came up in her lyrics ("will the baby be alright, will i have one of my own"). we know she wants to be a mom, maybe an even better one than patricia; but it's not my place to be speculating about that to be fair

1 hour ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

I think around April-May 2017? Most likely April. I’m guessing he meant summer bummer

yah i found the first mention of it, it was the very day that is 26th may 2017 when the album was going to be released initially, everyone was so excited and then ben said this

i suppose it to be summer bummer as well or maybe they decided to change smth in groupie love since we know that song was worked on till almost end of the record

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 12/23/2020 at 5:06 AM, HeadBitch said:

An ATRL insider posted the dates of when the NFR! songs were mastered/finished, while shading her in the same post :oopna::oopna::oopna: 

He also mentioned that COCC has been nearly finished during the summer, but Lana tents to finish her album in parts.

01. Norman ****ing Rockwell - 06.27.18
02. Mariners Apartment Complex (I'm Your Man) - 08.31.18
03. Venice Bitch - 06.26.18
04. **** it I Love You - 07.23.19
05. Doin' Time - 04.04.19
06. Love Song - 08.06.18
07. Cinnamon - 12.18.18
08. How to Disappear - 1.20.19
09. California - 1.18.19
10. The Next Best American Record - N/A
11. The Greatest - 02.13.19
12. Bartender - N/A
13. Happiness - 06.30.18
14. Sylvia Plath - 08.04.18

@lanaismamom

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix