Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I'm sorry if this question has been discussed before.

But which name do you think Lana uses within her friends? Lizzy or Lana? And I don't mean her old close friends who she may have known for years, I mean new "celebrity" friends she has made during her career.

Haven't posted for a long time :crossed:

tumblr_mehfl855qr1ro2d43.gif

I'm sorry if this question has been discussed before.

But which name do you think Lana uses within her friends? Lizzy or Lana? And I don't mean her old close friends who she may have known for years, I mean new "celebrity" friends she has made during her career.

Good question! I once read in an interview that her friends and family use both. I took that to mean her family and friends who knew her before she became Lana. With new friends since being Lana, my guess is they call her Lana. Probably depends on how she introduces herself, though, too. :) I don't think she legally changed her name, so on her driver's license and passport, it probably still says Elizabeth Grant.

I once saw Lana reply that people could choose to call her either Lana or Lizzy.

Good question! I once read in an interview that her friends and family use both. I took that to mean her family and friends who knew her before she became Lana. With new friends since being Lana, my guess is they call her Lana. Probably depends on how she introduces herself, though, too. :) I don't think she legally changed her name, so on her driver's license and passport, it probably still says Elizabeth Grant.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

We know there are a tonne of demos that were recorded over the years, but have any of Lana's song's ever appeared on another artist's record (not counting covers of songs that Lana released)?

Ghetto Baby on Cheryl's A Million Lights is the only one I think. Break My Fall was supposed to be released by other artist but it was scrapped.

Ghetto Baby on Cheryl's A Million Lights is the only one I think. Break My Fall was supposed to be released by other artist but it was scrapped.

Thanks! I actually think I have a Cheryl CD somewhere here, but it wouldn't be this one.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

which tracks from Sirens overlap with Young Like Me/From The End?

Junky Pride

Find My Own Way / Move

Out With A Bang

All You Need / Peace

Bad Disease

Indebted To You / How Do You Know Me So Well

Try Tonight

Westbound / Dear Elliot

Sirens / Drive By

Aviation

All of Sirens except My Momma, A Star for Nick, Pretty Baby, Next to Me, and Birds of a Feather

In your "Born To Die" (album) have as the first track "OTTR" or "Born To Die"? I c and I like first track OTTR, and I can not explain ... (I have the Deluxe Version in theory) thx :) (sorry me for the stupid question)

In your "Born To Die" (album) have as the first track "OTTR" or "Born To Die"? I c and I like first track OTTR, and I can not explain ... (I have the Deluxe Version in theory) thx :) (sorry me for the stupid question)

No matter which edition you have the first track is Born to Die. Off to the Races is always second.

No matter which edition you have the first track is Born to Die. Off to the Races is always second.

Are you telling me that no version has the first track "OTTR"?
Strange ... really strange ...

gasp_cross_zpsc1741309.jpg

Thanks ^^

Do you guys know what's her favorite song from Born to Die? Her fave from UV is Cruel World, and I think she said Bel Air was her fave from Paradise...

Was BTD originally supposed to be under Lana Del Ray? Just asking because whenever I put the cd in my computer it comes up as Ray - none of her other albums do that. 

No it is Rey. I think the app gave you the wrong ID3 tag, because there usually no tag included in the CD but the app will match the CD ID with those tracklist on the internet

is it Gang$ta Boy or Gangsta Boy? i'm really anal about tagging stuff correctly in iTunes. i know Coca Cola was originally Coca Colla & So Legit as So Legitttt, so I was just wondering which one's "correct".

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

is it Gang$ta Boy or Gangsta Boy? i'm really anal about tagging stuff correctly in iTunes. i know Coca Cola was originally Coca Colla & So Legit as So Legitttt, so I was just wondering which one's "correct".

I was given a copy of "Gangsta Boy" about two months before it leaked and it came to me as "Gangsta Boy". With tracks like these that leaked without any information about where they originally came from (hacking?) it's really impossible to know if they were intentionally misspelled by Lana or altered somewhere along the way by traders. I personally feel it's generally safest to go with proper spellings of words unless there's good evidence to do otherwise.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.