Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Does anyone else's copy of Disco have a guy saying 'your owner' right at the beginning? Mine does.

There's a version from Lana's Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena Reverbnation page that has a man saying "you're rolling" at the beginning if that's what you mean. It was the first recording that we had of Disco.

I randomly came through the Wikipedia page of dark paradise and it says "...del rey expressed in a radio interview that she could put out a video for dark paradise, however three years later , a trailer of the music video was revealed on YouTube. The video owner said they showed Del Rey the trailer in late 2013 and told them it was "beautiful" and urged them to put it online. An teaser video edit of the song was eventually published on 13 February 2016." It leads to a video that sais "Video has been shown to del rey in 2013" It looks really fanmade, but saying something is "beautiful" does sound like lana so I thought I would share......(sorry for not putting the link and pictures but I didnt got it to work any idea what Im doing wrong? And hi im a new member by the way)

I randomly came through the Wikipedia page of dark paradise and it says "...del rey expressed in a radio interview that she could put out a video for dark paradise, however three years later , a trailer of the music video was revealed on YouTube. The video owner said they showed Del Rey the trailer in late 2013 and told them it was "beautiful" and urged them to put it online. An teaser video edit of the song was eventually published on 13 February 2016." It leads to a video that sais "Video has been shown to del rey in 2013" It looks really fanmade, but saying something is "beautiful" does sound like lana so I thought I would share......(sorry for not putting the link and pictures but I didnt got it to work any idea what Im doing wrong? And hi im a new member by the way)

Mess :toofunny:

RVhKIwP.gif

At the very end of Damn You, I hear Lana say something but I'm not quite sure what. Does anyone else hear this? 

I just listened to it and it sort of sounds like she whispers "my god" or something like that at the end?

84f20a5720cef92fb16a439c00e18041.500x500

Does anyone know who did this cover? I can't find anything on it and it is so beautiful  :rollin:

I'm REALLY unsure but perhaps king Noah? Idk at all I wanna know too I can't believe it I looked everywhere :(

Do we have any speculations about who produced Daytona Meth? It's really becoming one of my very favourite Lana songs, which is not nothing, and it pains me that we don't know more about it. Lana seems to have worked a lot with Princess Superstar in 2009, would it be possible to speculate that she might have produced it?

ZKcaooE.png

At the very end of Damn You, I hear Lana say something but I'm not quite sure what. Does anyone else hear this? 

I just listened to it and it sort of sounds like she whispers "my god" or something like that at the end?

Yeah she kinda giggles and then says 'oh my god'

lilkimxchapelle.png

So this has probably been asked a lot but I've read that a group hacked Lana's hard drive and email. Is that true? And which email? The one posted on her old Twitter? I've also read the her newer stuff (probably beginning in 2012) was done by hacking producers. Can anyone fill me in? I'll page @@evilentity cause he knows a lot but anyone's help is appreciated :kiss:

lilkimxchapelle.png

So this has probably been asked a lot but I've read that a group hacked Lana's hard drive and email. Is that true? And which email? The one posted on her old Twitter? I've also read the her newer stuff (probably beginning in 2012) was done by hacking producers. Can anyone fill me in? I'll page @@evilentity cause he knows a lot but anyone's help is appreciated :kiss:

You can also ask some hoarders in here too :)

but the newer stuff was either bypassing websites that holds music (mostly stems/instrumentals/accapellas) like SONY or the producers themselves, one of them posted it on his website by accident, I think it was Rick Nowels, can't remember 

What genre would you classify LDRAKALG as?

"Hawaiian glam metal and surf noir";)  :P  :troll:  :facepalm: 

I think Lana may cover Where the Boys Are by Connie Francis for her upcoming album.

She already did in 2011 I believe

People have been saying this on here lately, but where did that information come from? I'm very interested and excited if it's true!

In March 2011 she posted a YouTube link to the song on Facebook and wrote "I'm Doing A Sick Cover of This Song". I talked about it in Part 3 of my LanaDelReydio covers show podcast. #ShamelessSelfPromotion #CallMeJack

You can also ask some hoarders in here too :)

but the newer stuff was either bypassing websites that holds music (mostly stems/instrumentals/accapellas) like SONY or the producers themselves, one of them posted it on his website by accident, I think it was Rick Nowels, can't remember

Lana has talked about being hacked in several interviews, comments which seem to suggest she has been hacked multiple times in multiple ways (she mentioned a hard drive being accessed remotely in addition to her e-mail) perhaps by multiple people. :(

If I recall correctly, I remember back in the day on SIN people making vague comments about feeling so bad/sorry for what happened to her and that her team needed to get their shit together or something like that and being told by someone that those comments were about rumors that she'd been hacked. Later, speculation naturally centered on Ahmed, a prominent Lana fan and fan site operator who was arrested on charges of hacking Sky Ferreira. But I've caught wind of enough rumors to make me suspect any incident of hacking was not isolated, unfortunately.

As far as which e-mail address was hacked, I don't know (and wouldn't want to know), but there are at least two e-mail addresses she made the mistake of posting publicly and leaving up after becoming famous.

So she's definitely been hacked, and undoubtedly a lot of stuff that has leaked probably came from hacking, but I personally suspect this fanbase has tended to assume more came from hacking than probably has. As @ rightly points out, a lot of tracks have come from sloppy publishing sites or producers inadvertently making them effectively public, or from producers intentionally posting them publicly. There's a number of songs that we know leaked this way, and probably some that we don't know. There are also a number of early songs that Lana herself made public that people probably just saved.

Others may have posted more information, but here are links to some posts of mine discussing what's known about her being hacked and where some songs came from:

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/5687-honeymoon-pre-release-and-discussion-thread/page-225&do=findComment&comment=257095

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/5687-honeymoon-pre-release-and-discussion-thread/page-225&do=findComment&comment=257104

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/3625-thread-for-minor-general-questions-that-dont-deserve-their-own-thread/page-63&do=findComment&comment=200402

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/5071-the-211-songs/&do=findComment&comment=199514

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.