Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I really don't see how the 4:00 version of DICWB would be "final" when it sounds like shit compared to the first. The backing track sounds so much more compressed & her lower vocals are horribly forced. She sounds constipated. 

14417469274.gif

Off-topic: It still sounds to me like she sings, "My coasters smell like you." :teehee:

If that makes you feel better, In Summertime Sadness, for a long time I heard:

Piss me hard before you go.

For like, weeks, before I finally looked it up :icant:

I really don't see how the 4:00 version of DICWB would be "final" when it sounds like shit compared to the first. The backing track sounds so much more compressed & her lower vocals are horribly forced. She sounds constipated. 

I have discussed this with a friend before. I believe it's considered the final version because her voice fits Born to Die more, since it's not that high and doesn't sound so young. I hope that makes sense. :magikarp:

Can someone please explain the whole Jimmy Necco situation. I've loved Lana for 2 yrs now and I still have no idea whether or not she actually dated him, etc. If someone could tell me everything they know in relation to Jimmy, that would be amazing.

BOFd6zX.png

Can someone please explain the whole Jimmy Necco situation. I've loved Lana for 2 yrs now and I still have no idea whether or not she actually dated him, etc. If someone could tell me everything they know in relation to Jimmy, that would be amazing.

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/473-lanalysis-relating-songs-to-knownassumed-relationships/

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I wonder....when she puts her music score in movies and people will actually hear her in the U.S. while watching the movie, will they realize what they are missing? And then she will do better and better?

If that makes you feel better, In Summertime Sadness, for a long time I heard:

Piss me hard before you go.

For like, weeks, before I finally looked it up :icant:

That comment just made my day  :lmao:

Fair enough, in the song Ride Lana sings "You can be my full timedaddy". However I would always hear "You can be my photon, daddy" and I never knew why she would sing about photons. I looked up the lyrics later on and well... Let's just say she wasn't singing about an elementary particle...  :awk:

EQFO7rX.png

That comment just made my day  :lmao:

Fair enough, in the song Ride Lana sings "You can be my full timedaddy". However I would always hear "You can be my photon, daddy" and I never knew why she would sing about photons. I looked up the lyrics later on and well... Let's just say she wasn't singing about an elementary particle...  :awk:

The EXACT same thing happened for me, but for real! When the 30-second snippets came out I cropped them and listened to them on repeat 24/7, and I always heard photon too!

I thought it was really deep, some hidden artstic meaning :smile2:

Is it now safe to assume she did a song for the Great Gatsby?

It's so random she's posting things about it

Like 2 months ago, there was someone on youtube talking about how they got to see a special screening of the movie. And that  Will you still love me, is part of the soundtrack.

VyIsfwC.jpg

Could someone give me a link (or just tell me the name of the video) where she does this? I want to see it in big:shock:

Oh, I just figured out what you're asking! That emoticon is from a video (on YouTube) of Lana interacting with some fans. It's the one where someone gives her a scrapbook. Wish I could remember more details, but I'm pretty sure someone's linked to it here on the forum somewhere.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Oh, I just figured out what you're asking! That emoticon is from a video (on YouTube) of Lana interacting with some fans. It's the one where someone gives her a scrapbook. Wish I could remember more details, but I'm pretty sure someone's linked to it here on the forum somewhere.

Yeah that's what I am searching for.

I saw it once before but for some reason can't find it.

I'll keep searching

I want to know if the following songs are Born To Die outtakes?

"Hollywood's Dead"

"Dum Dum"

"Damn You"

"Lift Your Eyes"

"Puppy Love"

"She's Not Me"

"Children of the Bad Revolution"

And what are some other BTD outtakes? Other than the songs that got put into the God Bless America mixtape.

:sluttybunny:🌧️

The EXACT same thing happened for me, but for real! When the 30-second snippets came out I cropped them and listened to them on repeat 24/7, and I always heard photon too!

I thought it was really deep, some hidden artstic meaning :smile2:

same, I'm glad i'm not the only one. cos i read how photons can be light or dark and are used for cameras.. and i was like..shiiit that's deep. hahah

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I want to know if the following songs are Born To Die outtakes?

"Hollywood's Dead"

"Dum Dum"

"Damn You"

"Lift Your Eyes"

"Puppy Love"

"She's Not Me"

"Children of the Bad Revolution"

And what are some other BTD outtakes? Other than the songs that got put into the God Bless America mixtape.

"Hollywood's Dead," "Damn You" and "Puppy Love" are (being the first two produced by Chris Braide, same producer of "Million Dollar Man"). If I quite recall, "Velvet Crowbar" and "Paris" are also album outtakes.