Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I can buy Lana being completely unaware of the background on this one... Not the first time

Oh I didn't mean it as an excuse. My point was, she's immature and, well, dumb enough, to be willing to pretend she's even dumber so as not to ruffle any feathers. She wants smiles. She wants compliments. She wants praise and approval. She wants people to be nice to her, whether they mean it or not, whether they have an ulterior motive or not. And she doesn't want to upset the people who give her all that. She doesn't want to disturb the peace of her fantasy world. In her little la la land, everyone has to play nice. Including her. I can't imagine Lana happily sitting through a sermon about how amazing conversion therapy is. I can't see her being like "chyeah my dude ur so rite!!" when her pastor starts talking about how homosexuality is a sin, all gays will burn in hell, women should be silent, obedient baby machines, and pedophilia is a-ok. But are they really saying that? Using these exact words? Are they saying that to all the liberal, progressive celebrities they're wooing? I don't think so.

They're probably telling them it's all fake news; malicious lies spread by evil people with nothing better to do. Libel and slander. And they're saying that to celebrities who have had all kinds of fake shit written about them, so they know first hand how that's like. Now, anyone with half a brain cell could see Hillsong for what it really is. A pseudo Christian evangelical cult. But do these celebrities, including Lana, have even half a brain cell left? And even if they do, are they willing to use it? I don't think Lana is. Because it's easier to just fucking nod along when Pastor Whatever calls it all slander and moans about all the nEgAtIvE vIbEz, while sipping his wheat grass in his ripped jeans and $350 plain white t-shirt. It's easier to not have to lose all your new friends and fall out with yet another group of people. It's also easier to not have to worry about tmz having enough material to write an unauthorized biography of you, thanks to the wannabes you were dumb enough to trust.

It's easier to turn a blind eye and pretend to buy everyone's bullshit. Fucking sad if you ask me...but easier.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Oh I didn't mean it as an excuse. My point was, she's immature and, well, dumb enough, to be willing to pretend she's even dumber so as not to ruffle any feathers. She wants smiles. She wants compliments. She wants praise and approval. She wants people to be nice to her, whether they mean it or not, whether they have an ulterior motive or not. And she doesn't want to upset the people who give her all that. She doesn't want to disturb the peace of her fantasy world. In her little la la land, everyone has to play nice. Including her. I can't imagine Lana happily sitting through a sermon about how amazing conversion therapy is. I can't see her being like "chyeah my dude ur so rite!!" when her pastor starts talking about how homosexuality is a sin, all gays will burn in hell, women should be silent, obedient baby machines, and pedophilia is a-ok. But are they really saying that? Using these exact words? Are they saying that to all the liberal, progressive celebrities they're wooing? I don't think so.

They're probably telling them it's all fake news; malicious lies spread by evil people with nothing better to do. Libel and slander. And they're saying that to celebrities who have had all kinds of fake shit written about them, so they know first hand how that's like. Now, anyone with half a brain cell could see Hillsong for what it really is. A pseudo Christian evangelical cult. But do these celebrities, including Lana, have even half a brain cell left? And even if they do, are they willing to use it? I don't think Lana is. Because it's easier to just fucking nod along when Pastor Whatever calls it all slander and moans about all the nEgAtIvE vIbEz, while sipping his wheat grass in his ripped jeans and $350 plain white t-shirt. It's easier to not have to lose all your new friends and fall out with yet another group of people. It's also easier to not have to worry about tmz having enough material to write an unauthorized biography of you, thanks to the wannabes you were dumb enough to trust.

It's easier to turn a blind eye and pretend to buy everyone's bullshit. Fucking sad if you ask me...but easier.

To me it looks like she desperately tries to be relevant, no matter what she gets into doing so... Like that line about iPad in Hope, or Tesla cars in her poem... Yoga, wheatgrass, matcha, that shameful fidget spinner phase of her and now vape, it doesn't look like Lana really enjoys or needs this crap in her life. It's more of a ritual to her, a chore to stay in touch with modern society.

Even New year's resolution hints at it all being an act.

As if she just decided to be like that.

This lifestyle is more of a gimmick than something real... Hope it'll just end in 2020 and she'll be less cringy

I'm still trying to convince myself that she's just trying to stick it to Ben or even Billie or Dua by behaving like this and ruining her own career with this prepubescent bullshit, cause I don't like to think that she's really THAT dumb to behave this way on her own

Stripped of my own life

Is there any thread or anything I can find all the unreleased and leaks from the UV era? Lolol

Also does anyone know where was the Blue Jeans video recorded?

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Hello Everyone. So I dont know where to post this, so I am asking for help. 

I have someting Lana related, that I would like to give someone (a Lana fan, most likely from Europe) as a present (I have 2 of it). Someone who had no chance yet to see her in concert for example, but is a big fan of her. 

How can I manage to do this? Any ideas? Anyone you guys know, who would deserve it?

Thank you.

2ikzg5s.png

To me it looks like she desperately tries to be relevant, no matter what she gets into doing so... Like that line about iPad in Hope, or Tesla cars in her poem... Yoga, wheatgrass, matcha, that shameful fidget spinner phase of her and now vape, it doesn't look like Lana really enjoys or needs this crap in her life. It's more of a ritual to her, a chore to stay in touch with modern society.

Even New year's resolution hints at it all being an act.

As if she just decided to be like that.

This lifestyle is more of a gimmick than something real... Hope it'll just end in 2020 and she'll be less cringy

I'm still trying to convince myself that she's just trying to stick it to Ben or even Billie or Dua by behaving like this and ruining her own career with this prepubescent bullshit, cause I don't like to think that she's really THAT dumb to behave this way on her own

But is she relevant? Really? She's a good 3 years behind. She went from setting trends to following them badly. She probably thinks she's so in touch, as you say, but she's more out of touch & cringy than ever. It's like a mid-life crisis, just embarrassing. I really didn't see it happening so soon. Maybe she's just regressed. Fame does that to people. Sets them back 20, 30 years...fucking sad. Famous people tend to act like pill popping toddlers.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

But is she relevant? Really? She's a good 3 years behind. She went from setting trends to following them badly. She probably thinks she's so in touch, as you say, but she's more out of touch & cringy than ever. It's like a mid-life crisis, just embarrassing. I really didn't see it happening so soon. Maybe she's just regressed. Fame does that to people. Sets them back 20, 30 years...fucking sad. Famous people tend to act like pill popping toddlers.

There's nothing wrong with having some fun - like, I don't have a problem with her injecting pop culture references or even humour into her work - but the way she's done that recently has seemed poorly thought out and lazy. Like, there was just no need to put the word "Tesla" in that poem at all, for example. I found that it really distracted me from everything else she was trying to say. To me, that's the "Tesla" poem and I can hardly remember anything else about it.

She's almost in her mid 30s now. She's not old, but she's not super young, either. She should just focus on being herself. It reminds me of when Madonna tried to do this shit 10 years ago or something. She did some semi-rap song about doing yoga and pilates and drinking lattes 'n' shit, and it was embarrassing.

Artists produce the best work when they are themselves. She spends too much time trying to be someone else. And I am not talking about the LDR persona; because LDR had cohesion. Whoever she is trying to be now does not.

This Instagram baddie business is awful; when I read that tweet I REALLY hoped she was joking. It's not even about her friends - she can be friends with whoever - but I SERIOUSLY hope she stops this Instagram baddie shit soon, because she seems to be taking it way too far and it seems to be affecting her professionalism. You get the sense that even her managers don't even really know WTF she's doing. If she was writing songs for her new album NOW, in this mindset/persona/whatever the fuck this is, I would have very low expectations.

/rant

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

OK because I'm a fkn maniac I've been pondering this, and I wonder if anyone else has pondered the same:

Has anyone else ever noticed that Lana's friends and family refrain from addressing her using an actual name (be it Lana/Lizzy/Elizabeth)? It's not really of any consequence but it's no secret what her stage and real names are so I find it interesting.

I only ever skimmed her dad's Twitter because it wasn't very interesting/I felt like a creepy stalker, but I did notice that he constantly calls Chuck, "Chuck" ... but when he talks about Lana he omits a name altogether. He does use "Lana Del Rey" when talking about her work but when actually talking about her he never uses a name. From what I noticed on Chuck's IG, it's the same.

I noticed it's the same with her friends; in the bunny video from yesterday the person videoing says, "Sarah?" and "Jennie?" but to Lana she says, "and how about you?".

I wonder if Lana has asked her family and friends to either not refer to her by any name, or to not refer to her by a specific name (eg: maybe she told her family not to call her "Lizzy" on social media and they feel odd calling her "Lana" so they just don't put a name).

I remember she said in an interview recently that most of her friends call her "Lana" now, which I found somewhat odd. Like if my real name was Lizzy and my actual, real life friends called me by my stage name I think I'd find that a bit disconcerting ... but I'm not her, so I'll never know.

(Also, maybe Lana is withholding NFR so she can laugh at us all getting crazier and crazier in the absence of music).

Where the fuck did Lana even meet these random girls? I mean she couldn’t have just had a “Be A Lana Del Rey Friend” contest bc none of them would’ve won and they’re just so fucking basic. I hate it. It’s so cringy. When I see her post with them it just makes me wanna pull my hair out. What worries me is if they influence Lana’s music in a way to be more Taylor Swift-y bc of how much they all look like basic 16 year old girls in high school who still “need a Starbucks soy latte no sugar I’m watching my weight” type. That’s just all of their personalities and I can see it. Maybe it’s so Lana feels better about herself so she surrounds herself with these random women that aren’t on her level??????? Ughhhhhh I hate this era so much. It’s almost Easter and here the fuck we sit, waiting for this goddamn record...

Maybe May or June hopefully.......... if she wasn’t hanging out with them, she could be hanging with actually cool people (Florence Welch, Marina, FKA, I mean, yikes let’s get her some good friends)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Where the fuck did Lana even meet these random girls? I mean she couldn’t have just had a “Be A Lana Del Rey Friend” contest bc none of them would’ve won and they’re just so fucking basic. I hate it. It’s so cringy. When I see her post with them it just makes me wanna pull my hair out. What worries me is if they influence Lana’s music in a way to be more Taylor Swift-y bc of how much they all look like basic 16 year old girls in high school who still “need a Starbucks soy latte no sugar I’m watching my weight” type. That’s just all of their personalities and I can see it. Maybe it’s so Lana feels better about herself so she surrounds herself with these random women that aren’t on her level??????? Ughhhhhh I hate this era so much. It’s almost Easter and here the fuck we sit, waiting for this goddamn record...

Maybe May or June hopefully.......... if she wasn’t hanging out with them, she could be hanging with actually cool people (Florence Welch, Marina, FKA, I mean, yikes let’s get her some good friends)

Legit. I mean, it's not a coincidence that she starts hanging out with the Mean Girls and subsequently announces that she's going to be an Instagram baddie. Nobody can argue that they're not influencing her. We all understand that it's her life to live how she wishes, but as a fan of her work you can't help but think about the impact it's having/going to have.

This is why I posted elsewhere that I'd like her to GTFO of LA for awhile. I think the fame/LA bullshit has gotten to her and it's affecting her professionalism and her work.

I honestly think if she keeps going in this direction it'll be "Lana who?" in a few years. Maybe that's what she wants, though.

Why did Lana and Barrie break up?

"We have a difficult road," Lana said of her partnership with O’Neill. "He’s a very dark character," she added. "He has months on end where it’s a really dark stretch of writing and waiting, he has his total own world, so …"

Source: https://www.tampabay.com/lana-del-ray-ends-engagement-to-barrie-james-oneill/2186196

Barrie’s response:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-21-1192710

image.png

Sounds like a nice dude. He handled it maturely. I wish she had the decency to break it up face to face or even over the phone and not a damn interview.

"How’d you get to a happier place?

Lana Del Rey: I made personal commitments.

Commitments to what?

Well, they’re personal. [laughs] I had some people in my life that made me a worse person. I was not sure if I could step out of that box of familiarity, which was having a lot of people around me who had a lot of problems and feeling like that was home base. Because it’s all I know. I spent my whole life reasoning with crazy people. I felt like everyone deserved a chance, but they don’t. Sometimes you just have to step away without saying anything."

I actually agree with her statement, but that's just such a shitty thing to do to your partner. :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

"How’d you get to a happier place?

Lana Del Rey: I made personal commitments.

Commitments to what?

Well, they’re personal. [laughs] I had some people in my life that made me a worse person. I was not sure if I could step out of that box of familiarity, which was having a lot of people around me who had a lot of problems and feeling like that was home base. Because it’s all I know. I spent my whole life reasoning with crazy people. I felt like everyone deserved a chance, but they don’t. Sometimes you just have to step away without saying anything."

I actually agree with her statement, but that's just such a shitty thing to do to your partner. :toofunny:

She said that in 2017 so I assumed she was talking about Azealia or someone  :toofunny:

She said that in 2017 so I assumed she was talking about Azealia or someone :toofunny:

Yeah, I'm sure that the quote is not about anyone in particular, but the fact that she indeed did that to Barrie, yikes :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png