Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

1 hour ago, Ramie said:

Okay so I emailed some typewriter forums, but decided to keep digging for the answer myself.

After scrolling through the depths of way too many typewriter databases :air: I think I might've found it haha.
I think it's a royal scriptor electronic typewriter. Part of the problem with trying to find the model was that I was assuming it was old, when actually some companies still make electronic typewriters, although they're not too common (and almost unheard of where I'm from, Australia, so I'll blame my ignorance on that). :icant: Apparently at one point you could buy them at Staples, which seems like a realistic way she'd purchase one. I could be wrong, but it's virtually identical down to the finer details, and even makes the same ding noise when you get to the end of the page. 

Nice work! It definitely seems like you've found a match. I also made the same mistake of thinking it was an older machine, and disregarding Royal because their logo looked a bit different on older models. The keyboard also reminds me of the early keyboards from PCs that I had in the mid eighties (without the numeric keypad), and is much chunkier and better than the trash electric typewriter my father had around the same time (which had a single line LED display that let you delete particular letters you'd typed - what an innovation :lmao:)

This is probably more than enough typewriter talk for a music forum, but at least it got my mind off world news for a bit!

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

(Sorry if this is somewhere obvious in the forum rules) what’s the policy on swearing on here? For years I’ve always found it uncomfortable to curse on my statuses or posts for literally no specific reason. I’ve even censored lyrics when posting them on my status lmao I might still do it out of habit, but just curious if there’s even a policy for keeping things PG-13. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

5 hours ago, Formation said:

(Sorry if this is somewhere obvious in the forum rules) what’s the policy on swearing on here? For years I’ve always found it uncomfortable to curse on my statuses or posts for literally no specific reason. I’ve even censored lyrics when posting them on my status lmao I might still do it out of habit, but just curious if there’s even a policy for keeping things PG-13. 

i think as long as you aren't saying anything offensive / derogatory you should be alright

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

13 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Nice work! It definitely seems like you've found a match. I also made the same mistake of thinking it was an older machine, and disregarding Royal because their logo looked a bit different on older models. The keyboard also reminds me of the early keyboards from PCs that I had in the mid eighties (without the numeric keypad), and is much chunkier and better than the trash electric typewriter my father had around the same time (which had a single line LED display that let you delete particular letters you'd typed - what an innovation :lmao:)

This is probably more than enough typewriter talk for a music forum, but at least it got my mind off world news for a bit!

Yeah, the different Royal logo threw me off too. Haha yeah, we've certainly come a long way in technology :P

Glad to hear it got your mind off world news for a bit, I think we all need that right now lol 

Here's one last bit of information I got in my research (I promise I won't turn lanaboards into a typewriter forum haha) 

In response to my email, Richard from the blog The Typewriter Revolution gave me some more details, here's what he said:

"Hi Ramie,

That’s an interesting question, and I’m glad to be able to add her to my list of writers and their typewriters.

As best I can tell, this is a Royal electronic typewriter, probably this model:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Royal-69149V-Scriptor-Typewriter/663936352

I think these were actually made by Nakajima, and they’re recent (maybe 10 years old?). The exact model isn’t available any more, but you can still buy a new Nakajima if you want to. (I’d like to provide Lana with a cooler typewriter from the ‘50s or ‘60s, though!)

best wishes,

Richard"

Hii ok so there was a fake unreleased song on YouTube YEARS ago that sounded like Lana for the first like line but the rest was nothing like her. I loved the song even tho it wasn’t Lana and the lyrics were something similar to “the footprints in the sand, they just fade away” and I can’t find it ?? 

the song was definitely titled Fade Away or something like that but I can’t find it and I’m just curious if anyone would know what the song was since it’s been like consistently wrongly associated with Lana in the past 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

can somebody please tell me what show this is from? 

91519cfb081a8918209c401f7957b3c8.jpg

also still wondering about this!!!-

On 12/27/2020 at 2:08 AM, urgirl said:

:bye4: <-- what is this from?

On 1/7/2021 at 11:31 AM, Ramie said:
Spoiler

Okay so I emailed some typewriter forums, but decided to keep digging for the answer myself.

After scrolling through the depths of way too many typewriter databases :air: I think I might've found it haha.
I think it's a royal scriptor electronic typewriter. Part of the problem with trying to find the model was that I was assuming it was old, when actually some companies still make electronic typewriters, although they're not too common (and almost unheard of where I'm from, Australia, so I'll blame my ignorance on that). :icant: Apparently at one point you could buy them at Staples, which seems like a realistic way she'd purchase one. I could be wrong, but it's virtually identical down to the finer details, and even makes the same ding noise when you get to the end of the page. 

I'm late, but thank you so much for doing that research! NGL, would love to own a typwriter someday. It's supercool to know which one Lana was (most likely) using in that iconic video. 

i am nothing and should be everything

3 hours ago, Lirazel said:

I'm late, but thank you so much for doing that research! NGL, would love to own a typwriter someday. It's supercool to know which one Lana was (most likely) using in that iconic video. 

No problem! Glad I could help someone else.

I remember a couple weeks ago seeing a black and white picture of lana with ben sitting infront of a wall, she was wearing a dress and kinda looked either like a doll or dead? :awk:
i think it was a behind the scenes picture from the ultraviolence photoshoot but im not sure at all
anyways, i've been searching for this picture for an hour now but couldn't find it anywhere, does anyone have it or know where can i get it 

2 hours ago, Disney Slut said:

I remember a couple weeks ago seeing a black and white picture of lana with ben sitting infront of a wall, she was wearing a dress and kinda looked either like a doll or dead? :awk:
i think it was a behind the scenes picture from the ultraviolence photoshoot but im not sure at all
anyways, i've been searching for this picture for an hour now but couldn't find it anywhere, does anyone have it or know where can i get it 

This one? This is a photo of her and Neil Krug behind the scenes of their Complex Magazine shoot - 

51094795399_7722e4cedc_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Was there ever a thread that finds the sources of the vintage video clips Lana used in her MVs?

Right now I’m curious where the opening clip of VG is from (the orange & blue futuristic looking thing) and the highway shots in VB (since I’m convinced I know the locations of them)

1 minute ago, NewportBitch said:

Was there ever a thread that finds the sources of the vintage video clips Lana used in her MVs?

Right now I’m curious where the opening clip of VG is from (the orange & blue futuristic looking thing) and the highway shots in VB (since I’m convinced I know the locations of them)

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

tumblr_o5a0ozt5gC1v8axobo1_1280.jpg

this is the only pic i've ever seen of Lizzy with long platinum hair.

do you think this is taken right after she dyed it platinum and right before she cut it short? or this is extensions? 

I think it makes sense that it’s taken right between dying it and cutting it short. Cuz most of college she had that long light brown may jailer hair right? Then in her graduation pics it is platinum, it’s up so we don’t see the length for sure, but I bet its long like int this pic. So I guess she dyed her long hair blonde a bit before graduating college then probably a short time after graduating she cut it short to the Marilyn look.