Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

On 8/19/2021 at 1:37 PM, 13beachess said:

so why is NFR (both song and album I guess) called NFR?

"It was weird how that actual title came to me. I was riffing over a couple of chords that Jack was playing for the title track, which ended up being called “Norman Fucking Rockwell.” It was kind of an exclamation mark: so this is the American dream, right now. This is where we’re at—Norman fucking Rockwell. We’re going to go to Mars, and Trump is president, all right. Me and Jack, we just joke around constantly about all the random headlines we might see that week, so it’s a slight cultural reference. But it’s not a cynical thing, really. To me, it’s hopeful, to see everything as a little bit funnier. The chaos of the culture is interesting, and I’m hopeful that there’s room for there to be some movement and excitement within it."

i love you, but you don't understand me.

5 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Are there any May Jailer songs unreleased? Is "Rock Me Stable" a song or just an album title?

i'm pretty sure "rock me stable" is just an alt. title for "young like me"

although there's nothing confirmed, i'm sure there's more songs from the may jailer era that we don't have yet, also, according to last.fm scrobbles, there's titles like "friend of mine" & "hey man" which have different lengths from "for k" & "next to me", so there's possibly alt. versions or demos of sirens tracks

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

On 8/28/2021 at 2:45 PM, bigspender said:

Can someone tell me how to spot a fake coke spoon necklace through pictures? Like the difference between the official and the one from etsy. thanks in advance :) 

the difference is that resellers are selling those coke spoon necklaces for 900+ each :oprah3:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

5 hours ago, Party Favor said:

the difference is that resellers are selling those coke spoon necklaces for 900+ each :oprah3:

which is crazy, but someone on depop wanted to trade me for it but i wanna make sure it’s real

giphy.gif

I came across this quote attributed to Lana on Twitter (“when your happiness is someone else’s happiness, that’s love”) and I can’t find its origin. In searching it I was led to this quote website and became curious about all sorts of things she’s allegedly said. Are these all things she said in BTD era interviews? I thought I had read most of her interviews but so many of these non-lyric quotes seem really random. Can anyone point me to the interviews where these quotes come from? https://minimalistquotes.com/lana-del-rey-quote-18541/

2 hours ago, xAlexx said:

I came across this quote attributed to Lana on Twitter (“when your happiness is someone else’s happiness, that’s love”) and I can’t find its origin. In searching it I was led to this quote website and became curious about all sorts of things she’s allegedly said. Are these all things she said in BTD era interviews? I thought I had read most of her interviews but so many of these non-lyric quotes seem really random. Can anyone point me to the interviews where these quotes come from? https://minimalistquotes.com/lana-del-rey-quote-18541/

I can only ever remember this quote being attributed to Lana, not actually being said by her, if you know what I mean. There is a tweet from Kylie Jenner from November 2012 which attributes Lana, and is about the earliest I could find, so that should give a clue of roughly when you might be able to find it coming from. Keep in mind, though, that almost all pithy quotes that are attributed in a vague way to someone famous, are misattributed.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

On 9/6/2021 at 3:16 AM, longtimeman said:

I can only ever remember this quote being attributed to Lana, not actually being said by her, if you know what I mean. There is a tweet from Kylie Jenner from November 2012 which attributes Lana, and is about the earliest I could find, so that should give a clue of roughly when you might be able to find it coming from. Keep in mind, though, that almost all pithy quotes that are attributed in a vague way to someone famous, are misattributed.

Yeah I feel like Kylie is full of shit here lol. I am curious about the quote where she says the fashion world embraced her first. I’ve started to think a lot about how she’s prolific not only in terms of music but also photoshoots… it’s like she was on a shoot every damn day from like 2010 to 2014 lol. 

9 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

i remember seeing someone on depop selling that ugly cinnamon girl hoodie for 200+ :awkney:

Someone was selling the UO NFR vinyl for 300 :bebe: 

Made me feel like a baddie knowing it’s apart of my collection tho <3

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

does anyone know the story behind SIrens, From the End, and Young Like Me (her May Jailer era songs) leaked? It's okay if you only know how one or two leaked.

giphy.gif

I was recently looking into what typewriter Lana has and stumbled onto this thread here. I looked into this years ago and had found it, forgot what it was, but recently wanted to finally buy it...anyways, a few pages ago a couple of you were talking about it & I thought I'd add to the discussion on it a bit for anyone in the future who might be looking into this stuff. Idk if you guys remember this pic of her from years ago:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjmCwKn0rjZh_2airin9o

She's definitely been using the same typewriter this whole time. It's the same one in the Interview magazine video:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR91LbI6OU5BDDyl5cWyU

So anyways, just wanted to let ya'll know that it's in the Royal Scriptor line (I not II), the model #s that work for it are AX-150 or the newer 69149V

Also I find it funny that with this typewriter there's a little door in the back of it to coil the cord into but apparently she didn't want to bother with it that time. ?

On 9/12/2021 at 10:29 AM, baddisease said:

why isn't "Some Things Last a Long Time" on streaming and purchase things?

This. I love STLALT cover, it's such a shame we can't listen to it in hq

On 9/28/2021 at 5:40 AM, baddisease said:

does anyone know the story behind SIrens, From the End, and Young Like Me (her May Jailer era songs) leaked? It's okay if you only know how one or two leaked.

all from CDs, i am pretty sure

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

On 7/1/2020 at 6:12 AM, sexyslutboy said:

Lana del rey is pretty much the only artist that i really feel invested in so im really out of touch. Are there other indie(ish) artists that have fans so obsessive that they manage to find all of their childhood photos, leak like every song, and speculate so much about their personal life? or is that just lana

I've been thinking about this lately.. like are we just a super lucky fandom? are we also insane? lol