Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

On 5/30/2020 at 6:18 PM, Surf Noir said:

which (comfirmed) lizzy grant videos (music videos/shows) are we missing? 

as far as i know, we're missing:

queen of the gas station video

smarty video 

trailer park video with reeve carney

live show at the bitter end, 2007

pin up galore live at mercury lounge 

pin up galore and yayo live at arlene's grocery

is there is more footage that i haven't listed here that we can comfirm is missing? 

wait I didn't know about these how do we know they exist? 

I need the queen of the gas station video!! 

is it possible we'll ever get them? would they have been on the stolen laptop or whatever ?

1 hour ago, slenderpup said:

I was recently looking into what typewriter Lana has and stumbled onto this thread here. I looked into this years ago and had found it, forgot what it was, but recently wanted to finally buy it...anyways, a few pages ago a couple of you were talking about it & I thought I'd add to the discussion on it a bit for anyone in the future who might be looking into this stuff. Idk if you guys remember this pic of her from years ago:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjmCwKn0rjZh_2airin9o

She's definitely been using the same typewriter this whole time. It's the same one in the Interview magazine video:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR91LbI6OU5BDDyl5cWyU

So anyways, just wanted to let ya'll know that it's in the Royal Scriptor line (I not II), the model #s that work for it are AX-150 or the newer 69149V

Also I find it funny that with this typewriter there's a little door in the back of it to coil the cord into but apparently she didn't want to bother with it that time. ?

Dying at the fact that she uses this thing and not one of those super cute typewriters that fold up nicely into a briefcase :creep:

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

1 hour ago, benririchardson said:

off topic but why do we neverrrr talk about this weird ass video, so much of what she's saying makes absolutely no sense and the vibes just feel very off

i love this video and truly thought it was going to lead to something more/was a teaser for COCC era's story/aesthetics but that didn't turn out to be true at all! it is bizarre and camp, serving the drama in a way she hadn't since HM.

aOaIzH2.gif

10 hours ago, Noel said:

Dying at the fact that she uses this thing and not one of those super cute typewriters that fold up nicely into a briefcase :creep:

I thought the same thing the first time I saw the picture of her holding it in front of the plane!

I know it seems like it's probably an ugly/clunky typewriter, but I can imagine several reasons why she would use this newer one (and why I want to get one)!

I've used different vintage typewriters for years - right now I've got a Royal from the 50s and 2 Smith-Coronas from the 60s, one is manual & one is electric. The electric one is loud as hell, it's really distracting when I'm trying to write! My other manual ones are sooo heavy. They're a pain in the ass to take anywhere & you have to bang on the keys so hard even though they've got brand new ribbons in them. I've read that her model is much lighter than older all metal models.

It's laborious to type on them for long periods of time, especially for ppl who have carpal tunnel. They're hard to correct typos on, whereas the one she's got uses a correctable ink ribbon with a whiteout ribbon, that's got to be sooo nice. Plus with hers you can even change the font size. It's got a lot of features you'd get from using Word on a computer.

I kinda speculate that she really freaked out when her laptop got stolen at the start of her career and maybe she's been using this ever since so she'd never lose her writing or get lyrics hacked or something.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:40 AM, baddisease said:

does anyone know the story behind SIrens, From the End, and Young Like Me (her May Jailer era songs) leaked? It's okay if you only know how one or two leaked.

13 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

all from CDs, i am pretty sure

Additional info - according to Lana Wiki, A Star for Nick and Money Hunny resurfaced in low-quality on December 16, 2011, due to the songs being featured in an old podcast. A Star for Nick leaked in better quality on April 12, 2012, which was followed by the rest of Sirens being posted in May of that year.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

11 hours ago, benririchardson said:

off topic but why do we neverrrr talk about this weird ass video, so much of what she's saying makes absolutely no sense and the vibes just feel very off

i loved all of interview so much!!!

I love how for the first time in years, she was finally playing a ‘character’ again!

I really think this video was meant to be a prequel of Behind The Iron Gates. (She mentions being crazy and institutionalize) I’m hoping when we finally get BTIG it’ll make more sense!

"Don’t forget me"

11 hours ago, benririchardson said:

I feel like she's on drugs or smth

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Niko Dealergo said:

i loved all of interview so much!!!

I love how for the first time in years, she was finally playing a ‘character’ again!

I really think this video was meant to be a prequel of Behind The Iron Gates. (She mentions being crazy and institutionalize) I’m hoping when we finally get BTIG it’ll make more sense!

that actually makes sm sense bc I also remember she was posting more about behind the iron gates during the time that video was filmed/released

14 hours ago, benririchardson said:

I love this video so much, it’s so strange and wild

I always thought it was like a “comparison piece” to her next poetry book from when she’s in an asylum. I thought this video, CoCC and behind the iron gates were all meant to fit together

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

27 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

Did she say when Insights from an Institution is coming out?

In her recent live she said it’s still coming but it sounds like it’s still v much in the editing stage- so if we’re lucky sometime next year?

aOaIzH2.gif

Driving me crazy rn: I have some snippet of Lana singing something like "change it up/switch it up" in kind of a high register stuck in my head, and I CAN'T remember what it's from!!!!! Thinking a soundcheck or maybe one of the live intros for White Mustang but I can't find it :defeated:

o4qjp4j.png

4 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

Driving me crazy rn: I have some snippet of Lana singing something like "change it up/switch it up" in kind of a high register stuck in my head, and I CAN'T remember what it's from!!!!! Thinking a soundcheck or maybe one of the live intros for White Mustang but I can't find it :defeated:

all i can think of is when the world was at war 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

18 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

i know what this is! it was from a soundcheck in 2015, it had a piano with it & i don't think it has anything to do with white mustang! :popcorn:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123